Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Silverfish

Arbiter
Cool. Can't wait for 20 pages worth of exposition when meeting each of the gangs when "We're loansharks lol" would suffice.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Calling all Russians

Reminds me of the times I was playing the 2nd STALKER game with only a rough machine translation. I had no idea what was going on or what I was supposed to do most of the times... but that made the game better than it actually was.
Good times. :obviously:

That said, to someone who does not understand sovietspeak, the voices of Judy and the two main characters sound pretty good. Keanu's.... not. And the host's is irritating.

Maybe I should try a run with that language active and pretend Night Shitty is actually Sotchi or smth. :hahano:

Blake00

Learned
Calling all Russians

Cheers for posting this.. I'd forgotten they'd done a new night wire this week even if it is one where I have no friggin idea what anyone is saying haha *activates subtitles*

Preordered this a while back despite not even having a PC that can run it lol.. that's how well they got me

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Will never understand this drive to see everything in the game before you even play it. If you already know you're getting it already like me, you should have stopped watching this shit months ago. If you're still not sure, a video of a random 30 minutes of gameplay after release would be ten times more enlightening than this marketing stuff.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well, it is marketing in full swing. And marketing is not exactly well known for giving us a lot of meaningful info about important gameplay details like, well... the dreaded RPG system.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait. It's 4 days only already? That's incredible, now I just need to not catch corona.

ThatsRightImInIt

Educated
I hope people leave their expectations at the curb. This is going to be a 7/10 Action game with some light RPG elements, not the 11/10 RPG we were hoping for. Every single announcement since mid-2019 has been them wasting their money on pointless shit like Keanu Reeves advertising/shitty licensed pop music and removal of features. Just because some shyster like (((Schreier))) is going after CDPR for no good reason doesn't mean you're obligated to defend this mediocre looking game. Especially because, y'know, Witcher 3 sucked ass. The Witcher 2 remains the only truly great game from CDPR.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Oh I get why they are doing it, I just don't get why people want to watch it.
People are hungry for some quality narrative packed into enjoyable vidya and think that CDPR is going to deliver. Hence why their marketing works. Otherwise, if it was an EA or Bethestard game, this wouldn't work.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
the dreaded RPG system.

No one cares how much "THAC0" the new trenchcoat has in comparison to the old leather jacket or what's the formula of which the damage received is calculated and how is mitigated by armor etc etc.
God forbid an episode discussing these aspects is released.

Now every RPG player schmuck is more interested in which whores he gets to fuck ingame and in what positions, if he can see his character in 3rd person to masturbate over the visuals in a burst of narcissism, what rims he can install on his ingame over the top car or if he can complete the game in a pacifist™ manner like the soy boy impotent cuck that he is, because completing a game without actually playing it but completing it in a manner more akin to "interactive cinema for retards", is a thing now and all these are hallmarks of a true RPG.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
the dreaded RPG system.

No one cares how much "THAC0" the new trenchcoat has in comparison to the old leather jacket or what's the formula of which the damage received is calculated and how is mitigated by armor etc etc.
God forbid an episode discussing these aspects is released.

It's always amusing to me how RPGs don't lend themselves to presentation like that because no one wants to see "boring" stuff like comparing stats, talking to NPCs or just moving through the world yet precisely those things will be what you end up doing most of the time. RPGs always have to put some kind of a highlight reel or fluff it up for general audiences.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Will never understand this drive to see everything in the game before you even play it. If you already know you're getting it already like me, you should have stopped watching this shit months ago. If you're still not sure, a video of a random 30 minutes of gameplay after release would be ten times more enlightening than this marketing stuff.
At least you don't have to worry about being spoiler'd in here. This thread has become an exclusive discussion about crunch, slave labor and the struggle of the potato working class for at least 7 pages now. :obviously:

cpmartins

Cipher
Reddit stroking itself to keep the hard-on going for late Nov. In a thread entitled "Male of female, what will you pick?"

female and female only partners. I want to do a lesbian run and then i will play again as a man and do a hetero run
Depends on the state of tasteful raping in the game tbh. Ah who am I kidding, a lawless and utterly corrupt dystopian oligarchy would definitely not lend itself for roving bands of rape gangs.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I had a dream this came out already and it wasn't very good. I also ate like four liters of chocolate pudding in that same dream. So it wasn't all bad. Unless the pudding was a metaphor for eating poop. And the game was also?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom