Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So how's Darghul coming along?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It will.

Eventually. In the fullness of time. One of those days. Or years. Or decades.

The author just needs to come back from China.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, the beta version he sent to high-tier codexers is pretty much feature complete, so it's not all bad news. I would post a review but for the whole NDA thing, you get it.

Ulfberth

Novice
Hey there, just wanted to tell you that I check this thread since 2015 every 2-3 months or so, hoping to get some news for Darghul. It always cheers me up when i see some new posts. I was a silent specator, but now I just cant resist :D
I have my fingers crossed, praying for the release of Darghul asap! I think there are much more silent ppl out there step by in this thread once in a while :)
We're fans, were not dead yet, we'll stay and wait, guarding this post until Wolf will return!

azerty

Educated
Do some of you have enough experience in game coding to guess how many hours/weeks/months of work it could represent for him to finish it ?

The last news I remember about hus work was that appart the finishing of the game, he had to rework the code so that it could be compatible with a new windows version.

deama

Prophet
Do some of you have enough experience in game coding to guess how many hours/weeks/months of work it could represent for him to finish it ?

The last news I remember about hus work was that appart the finishing of the game, he had to rework the code so that it could be compatible with a new windows version.
That would entirely depend on the original code, for all we know he used a bunch of obscure and now outdated microsoft .net framework frameworks, which could mean a lot of work.
Or he just needs to update some .dll files and double check things work well enough, who knows.

Ulfberth

Novice
I haven't heard any news, bud'. If I ever will i'll post it here asap.
Began to play Teudogar again today, filling up my Mana.
I totally like such games with old germanic culture and stuff.
What similar games (to Teudogar/Darghul) are you/have you played recently?

shouldnt we be able to play Darghul in its current build with an Emulator?

Damn I would pay 100 Bucks for this game, Wolf infected me with Darghul back then in the 90s as a Kid, there was a demo of his game on a Shareware/Freeware CD.
Its the only thing I cant just let go, even that Stargate Universe was canceled was hard for me and took long to.

Please Wolf, if you read this - leave a livesign here :D

Ulfberth

Novice
Kind of, its basicly finished but the creator never had the time to complete it, now its outdated and will consume even more time to complete it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
DARGHUL
Mobygames entry
sadly, NOT in English.
601510-darghul-dos-screenshot-plot-description-unregistered-shareware.png

601511-darghul-dos-screenshot-the-start-of-the-game-unregistered.png

601512-darghul-dos-screenshot-the-dialogue-interface-unregistered.png

601515-darghul-dos-screenshot-on-this-map-we-chose-our-next-destination.png

601517-darghul-dos-screenshot-this-happens-when-we-die-unregistered.png

Inspired by Ultima
Archived original site
Archived Windows screens & description
Archived Contact Wolf Mittag

Last edited:

azerty

Educated
Would you be motivated to launch a crowdfunding ?
We could write him and tell him that we want his game so much that we would be ready to do it.

Indeed, I would also pay 100€ for it^^

Ulfberth

Novice
As the homepages of Wolf are down because he hasnt had the time to update them for the new data security laws in germany (they came out like 3 years ago lol), he took his websites offline until he has time to do so, so there are sadly not that much screenshots available anymore.
darghul.gif

teudogar.jpg

As you can see its pretty much inspired by Ultima 7. The bottom picture is from Teudogar and the alliance with Rome. Darghul has a unique and fascinating story. The remake from the 90s will have the look pretty much like the screenshots, with many many different ways to create items, do craftmanship, harvest, and much more. Also the remake will be available in english! Sadly I dont have any informations about the current state of the development, maybe someone of the other ppl here has? So here we are, waiting for this pearl to appear someday.

azerty I do not know anything about crowdfunding and how that thing works. This should be done by a person who is much more into that topic.

Last edited:

Ulfberth

Novice
Maybe it works if we all summon Wolf in an ancient ritual.
:hailcthulhu:
Would make a great sale strategy: let the people wait so long that they are willing to sacrifice they'r souls to have they'r desires finally reliefed/fulfilled :hahano:

Does this guy even live anymore at this point? Has anybody a sign of life? As far as I remember the game was almost finished years ago. Why didn't he at least release that version to the community? I'm sure there are more than enough able and willing to try to finish his work. A shame really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom