Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Genshin Impact, i.e. Breath of the Waifu. BotW clone w/ cute anime grills and party mechanic system.

Rafidur

Learned
Look like the soonest upcoming content is a minor patch in... a month. Guess it is a lot slower to develop content for a gacha game with actual gameplay instead of a png collector, but you'd think with the amount of dosh they're making they would try to churn it out as fast as possible...

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's ok game while you still exploring, but after you unlocked all map it's just usual gacha shit - log in, 10 min to do daily quests, 10 min to spend stamina on bosses, log out. Except they don't even have usual gacha "grind for rewards" events.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, it's developed by the Chinese, what did you expect?
Yep, Naive of me in underestimating the insanity of chinese's gacha model.
However, Im disappointed they didn't shove as much buzzwords as possible on the game's title, like a proper chinese knockoff. Such as SUPER COWBOY GALAXY WARRIOR COMMANDER or something like that.

On the other hand, their company motto is "tech otakus save the world" so there's that.

It's a comfy game. Looks pretty and runs smooth on my potato computer. Nothing really that great about combat. My friend code if anyone wants to do co-op sometimes : 704864110

Which server

frajaq

Erudite
It's ok game while you still exploring, but after you unlocked all map it's just usual gacha shit - log in, 10 min to do daily quests, 10 min to spend stamina on bosses, log out. Except they don't even have usual gacha "grind for rewards" events.

Yeah honestly I'm dreading that I'm reaching this point

I'm Adventurer Rank 21 right now, explored a lot of the map, the next "main storyline" quest is only for Rank 23...but i'm running out of stuff to do in the map...

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm Adventurer Rank 21 right now, explored a lot of the map, the next "main storyline" quest is only for Rank 23...but i'm running out of stuff to do in the map...
There is still few ranks of content for you.

Rafidur

Learned
I'm level 32 and it gets worse, much worse. Takes weeks' worth of resin to upgrade and skill up a character. Level 35 is likely going to be even more ridiculous.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So they started event and... it's shit. No one even opens final chest because rewards are not worth resin spent. People just do it for participation rewards from diary.

Rafidur

Learned
These chests are worth it at high rank because you run out of exp books and the resin/exp ratio is better than leylines.

Reinhardt

Arcane
These chests are worth it at high rank because you run out of exp books and the resin/exp ratio is better than leylines.
99% of people are not at that "high rank". I finished this event that was supposed to last for a week today in 1,5 hours with randoms and not even once i've seen someone opening chest.
And final event reward is literally gems for 1(!) summon. Ching chong being ching chong.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
gameplay aside this game has a really enjoyable OST

the battle OST in the first area is really good

Perkel

Arcane
I welcome comeback of new chinese bootleg version of games.
My whole "Pegasus" (which was NES in poland) era was based on chinese bootlegs and various games that never officially existed or were copycats of other legin NES games.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are people calling this a BotW clone? It doesn't look even remotely similar.

When the game first announced, the first area, Mondstat is pretty reminiscent of BotW due to being a prairie, having pretty similar color theme, having similar enemy design and the climbing running around open world. At that time in China, it was PS4 Event and China Nintendo fans come to the point of bringing their PS4 and smash them to the floor because they are angry that mihoyo (the company making this) are cloning BotW.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
So it's basically BotW for the LGBT crowd?
Lgbt is not the problem. It's the gating through microtransactions and gatcha shits that put this game to the opposite of BotW. The similarities are only on the surface (and just used as another gatcha psycological trick).

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I would have probably kept playing this if there was any challenge to speak of. It's actually pretty fun in some ways, but the fact that I rarely lost even 25% of my HP killed it for me. There was no tension or sense of threat at any point. Also didn't like the idea of the Adventure Rank locking you out of content either, but could have gotten past it if I had some challenging combat in the areas that I could explore. Too bad, but I have plenty of other shit to play.

Also, I will say that there was absolutely no sign in my 6-8 hours that any Gacha or microtransactions were gating the content in any way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom