Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Squadrons - space dogfight sim set after Return of the Jedi

lightbane

Arcane
Bu-bu-but the Empire is supposed to be purely EVIL in the story! I mean it's pretty much established as the Space Nazis down to the uniforms and helmets and shit! Everyone knows Nazis were WHITE MALES and WHITE MALES are evil and therefore it made sense to have Empire exclusively made up of white men plus a few white Karens. And one blue fuck male, but he can be considered to be a Jap or something I guess.

Are Disney saying that negro women, gay asians and tranny yellowskins are EVIL creatures capable of EVIL things!?

It seems to be the case. The Mandalorian show (surprisingly good, compared to the movies), also has a black guy as an Empire officer, which was hilarious. Not bad for a supposed stand-in for the German Army.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It seems to be the case. The Mandalorian show (surprisingly good, compared to the movies), also has a black guy as an Empire officer, which was hilarious. Not bad for a supposed stand-in for the German Army.

I guess they're going the race-blind route, which is odd since modern Lefties so closely identify race and culture and treat them as the same thing. Disney stuck in a 90's liberal mindset.

kain30

Cipher
Bu-bu-but the Empire is supposed to be purely EVIL in the story! I mean it's pretty much established as the Space Nazis down to the uniforms and helmets and shit! Everyone knows Nazis were WHITE MALES and WHITE MALES are evil and therefore it made sense to have Empire exclusively made up of white men plus a few white Karens. And one blue fuck male, but he can be considered to be a Jap or something I guess.

Are Disney saying that negro women, gay asians and tranny yellowskins are EVIL creatures capable of EVIL things!?

Please, copy your post on retardera and other woke people forums! I want to enjoy the shitstorm!

kris

Arcane
The Empire isn’t racist, it is species-ist.

There shouldn’t be aliens as Imperial officers or Stormtroopers.

There isn't anything clear about this in the movies and I dont even remember anything from the books. that they look down on non-humans seems clear, but that they should accept women and non-whites is not clear.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

There isn't anything clear about this in the movies and I dont even remember anything from the books. that they look down on non-humans seems clear, but that they should accept women and non-whites is not clear.
It was made clear in the video games, Kotor 2 in particular was big on that plot point. The also touch on it in the Star Wars Rebels show.

It depends on the lead writer but I think generally they hate non-humans.

kris

Arcane

It was made clear in the video games, Kotor 2 in particular was big on that plot point. The also touch on it in the Star Wars Rebels show.

It depends on the lead writer but I think generally they hate non-humans.

I am sorry to break it to you, but the Empire is in no way present in KOTOR. Also I dont watch cartoons and dont see them as canon.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
There shouldn’t be aliens as Imperial officers
What about Thrawn though. He was a Chiss and also now considered full canon.

The nonwhites thing could be down to system governors loyal to the Empire as over time getting involved in the conflict. A reverse Lando if you will.
This is also why there were few women in the Rebellion early on as well. Women had little interest in the conflict as none of them served in the *clone wars (*prior to the TV Series anyway where they're introduced as rebels which is kinda dumb because it undermines Mon Mothma's Rebellion later.) the only women that served were Jedi as far as the original canon is concerned. It was only until the GCW got bad in ESB that you had women and aliens joining the rebellion full time instead of in previous media as a temporary token role as a show of unofficial support. Destroying the death star brought more people in on both sides.

Rogue One implies that most female pilots and ethnic pilots of the Rebellion died in the opening battles of the GCW hence why none of them were at Yavin. Rogue One however introduces a plot hole in that there are Mon-Calimari in the battle but Mon Calamari wasn't officially supportive of the Rebellion until after ESB. Same with Sullust.

As for the Empire they were pretty known for their Xenophobia. "Bounty Hunters we don't need them" and their occupation of Tatooine. Their treatment of the Wookie populations on Kessel. I mean its pretty obvious that the Empire doesn't care since its core systems exist within human lead societies. The Death Star was mainly built to keep everyone else in line that couldn't be controlled.

Last edited:

kris

Arcane
Rogue One implies that most female pilots and ethnic pilots of the Rebellion died in the opening battles of the GCW hence why none of them were at Yavin. Rogue One however introduces a plot hole in that there are Mon-Calimari in the battle but Mon Calamari wasn't officially supportive of the Rebellion until after ESB. Same with Sullust.

this is due to disney simply having no clue. They just take things that look star wars and put in their movie. Hence they have a Mon calamari leading the fleet, because that is what they saw in that other movie.

Deleted member 7219

There shouldn’t be aliens as Imperial officers

The nonwhites thing could be down to system governors loyal to the Empire as over time getting involved in the conflict. A reverse Lando if you will.
This is also why there were few women in the Rebellion early on as well. Women had little interest in the conflict as none of them served in the *clone wars (*prior to the TV Series anyway where they're introduced as rebels which is kinda dumb because it undermines Mon Mothma's Rebellion later.) the only women that served were Jedi as far as the original canon is concerned. It was only until the GCW got bad in ESB that you had women and aliens joining the rebellion full time instead of in previous media as a temporary token role as a show of unofficial support. Destroying the death star brought more people in on both sides.

As for the Empire they were pretty known for their Xenophobia. "Bounty Hunters we don't need them" and their occupation of Tatooine. Their treatment of the Wookie populations on Kessel. I mean its pretty obvious that the Empire doesn't care since its core systems exist within human lead societies. The Death Star was mainly built to keep everyone else in line that couldn't be controlled.

Thrawn was the exception that proved the rule. An exceptional tactician who got into the Imperial Academy through his wit and intelligence alone rather than being on a diversity quota.

Also, I don’t care about any Disney canon, I think about Star Wars in EU terms only.

There were a few aliens here and there but overwhelmingly the Empire was human dominated. Here’s a good article about it (look up COMPNOR too):

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/New_Order/Legends#Ideology

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Not an SW expert but I think the empire was ok with the human-like aliens (probably there was some prejudice or whatever but not enough that they couldn't have a career in imperial military I guess)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Lots of nerdy Star Wars canon talk in here that is largely based on old books and shit that Disney removed form canon. Stuff like Rogue One having fish dudes isn't breaking anything unless one of the newer novels said something about it specifically.

Twizman

Scholar
I'm listening to Thrawn, the backstory that Rean refers too. Enjoying it but I don't know if anything can top Zahn's original trilogy starting with Heir to the Empire. The audiobook is amazing, voices sound just like Han and Lando.

Deleted member 7219

I'm listening to Thrawn, the backstory that Rean refers too. Enjoying it but I don't know if anything can top Zahn's original trilogy starting with Heir to the Empire. The audiobook is amazing, voices sound just like Han and Lando.

I didn’t refer to that. I’m not interested in anything done since Disney took over and deleted the EU. The EU is infinitely better.

Twizman

Scholar
Correct you didn't. This book details ascent his rise in the Imperial system.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am sorry to break it to you, but the Empire is in no way present in KOTOR. Also I dont watch cartoons and dont see them as canon.
Eh, same thing. Only big difference is these guys had swords. They're still evil and British.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Please, copy your post on retardera and other woke people forums! I want to enjoy the shitstorm!
Being permabanned in 30 seconds is not "shitstorm"

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That's because that was the canon most of the good games are based on. You can't argue with that.
All the bad games are set in non-EU/non-Legends.

Okay but the game whose diversity started this discussion is clearly in the Disney canon. If we're debating black sith in KotOR then I guess proceed.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not an SW expert but I think the empire was ok with the human-like aliens (probably there was some prejudice or whatever but not enough that they couldn't have a career in imperial military I guess)

You could play as Imperial agent as Chiss, Rataka and one other nearhuman alien species in SWOTOR, Sure some Sith called you alien scum (but they treated all who were not Sith as scum) and some of Moff objected to you taking the lead and in finale when:

Imperial Intelligence got disbanded you were send to fight as part of Imperial Army and when Darth Jadus disciple you were granted rank of major, as human captain and as alien lieutenant, I kept fighting to the first expansion in which they forced me to side with some republic scum though my Chiss was more :obviously: than Imperials.

You also could play as pure blood Sith too which was fun cause then the human sith were niggers for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom