Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Citizen

Imma shill here for my favourite youtube channel.

Fitz was a man ahead of his time, really misunderstood back in 2013.

He promised to kill himself if he didn't win a golden joystick... And he did.

Literally made a cryptic suicide video and left youtube forever. What a fucking legend :salute: I binge watch his videos every year in hope of a greatest youtube comeback ever

Citizen

Last edited by a moderator:
Vatnik Wumao
Which channels would y'all recommend for long video game analyses (e.g. Joseph Anderson, NeverKnowsBest)? Quite enjoy them as background noise.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Long video game analyses are shit.
That's being said, Matthewmatosis is the best of the them. Though, he stopped making those long videos and is now trying to be as concise and to the point as possible.

Zlaja

Arcane
Our great friend, "supergreatfriend", has just recently started a let's play of Silent Hill 3 on his channel. Highly recommended:

Blake00

Learned
One very focused gaming channels is ICARUSLIV3S, a channel pretty much dedicated to classic DOOM, or to be more accurate, the mods, the guy makes a review of various mods and from time to time puts some large Twitch streams on Youtube and well, it's always fascinating how old games can have such dedicated and creative modders...which is why the latest video is about a Star Trek mod:

lol omg.. I just keep finding my work all over this site haha.. I really should have joined years ago.

Yeah Icarus's youtube channel is really good and his review of my Star Trek Doom Mod was hilarious lol! I could tell that he really invested a lot of time working out all the little bits of secrets and info about my mod to do the best video possible. Over 40,000 views on it too so a lot of people saw my work. I got roasted in the comments though as many hardcore Trekers were not happy about my "plasma torch" haha. But anyway thanks for your kind words Silentstorm ! :)

A horse of course

One very focused gaming channels is ICARUSLIV3S, a channel pretty much dedicated to classic DOOM, or to be more accurate, the mods, the guy makes a review of various mods and from time to time puts some large Twitch streams on Youtube and well, it's always fascinating how old games can have such dedicated and creative modders...which is why the latest video is about a Star Trek mod:

lol omg.. I just keep finding my work all over this site haha.. I really should have joined years ago.

Yeah Icarus's youtube channel is really good and his review of my Star Trek Doom Mod was hilarious lol! I could tell that he really invested a lot of time working out all the little bits of secrets and info about my mod to do the best video possible. Over 40,000 views on it too so a lot of people saw my work. I got roasted in the comments though as many hardcore Trekers were not happy about my "plasma torch" haha. But anyway thanks for your kind words Silentstorm ! :)

nice humblebrag haha

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most likely posted here already, but RetrospectiveGaming covers pretty cool and older rpgs. I find the way he speaks annoying but otherwise the content is good.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Interesting Mikami interview:

-Resi 1 was meant to have ghosts and be first person. Capcom didn't have experience with 3d so they went with pre-rendered and third person.
-Resi 2 was made to be more accessible and profitable from the beginning
-Resi 3 was originally made with a indie mentalityand made for core fans
-Resi 4 action focus was because Mikami and the team were becoming less and less horror fans moving toward action.
-Dino crisis was adopted by him when the original directors left
-Game designer's hit their peak at their 30's.
-Mikami declined many Mikami ideas
-Main focus for him in a horror games are the creatures followed by the atmosphere

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom