Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3

• It looks like a D:OS 2 mod

Votes: 234 63.2%
  • It bears no resemblance to the original series

Votes: 201 54.3%
  • TB combat (fags vote here)

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Dumb dialogue

Votes: 176 47.6%
  • Ugly waifus

Votes: 106 28.6%
  • Corridor maps

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Ugly aesthetic

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • I hate belgians

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 50 13.5%

• Total voters

Narax

Educated
I'm actually more curious about DA4. Sue me.

This game seems to be attracting a lot of attention from the nuBioware fanbase (for the wrong reasons), and I wouldn't be surprised if DA4 devs are currently taking notes, which means DA4 will double flop.

But i guess it's all about the feeling and their precious romances!

:dgaider:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I'm actually more curious about DA4. Sue me.

This game seems to be attracting a lot of attention from the nuBioware fanbase (for the wrong reasons), and I wouldn't be surprised if DA4 devs are currently taking notes, which means DA4 will double flop.

But i guess it's all about the feeling and their precious romances!

:dgaider:

Bioware can feel free to fuck up their own proprietary world, lore, and rules. For Larian, there's not much else left to fuck with in Derpvinity OS. So they moved on to maim other people's creations.

Now perhaps I'm just extremely naive here, but after the failures of Anthem and Andromeda, I'd think Bioware may have finally learned from its stretch of defeats and get their fucking shit together again with DA4. Maybe.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Now perhaps I'm just extremely naive here, but after the failures of Anthem and Andromeda, I'd think Bioware may have finally learned from its stretch of defeats and get their fucking shit together again with DA4. Maybe.
I just hope they finally pick what type of combat they want and commit to it. Either full action or origins style. This weird mix just sucks

I don't hate Baldur's Gate 3 at all. If anything so far I've been (mostly) positively impressed by its quality, bar a bunch of minor nitpicks.

What I genuinely and fiercely hate, on the other hand, is Larian's obscene "chain/unchain" system to control the party in real time.
Give me the default BG/Pathfinder/PoE control system inspired by the RTS genre, it's incomparably quicker, more intuitive and overall better to use.

On a related note, you can join the good fight here: http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=685896&page=1 or here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/1/2971771480487991549/

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Not sure I hate it, but its three biggest flaws are:

Combat should be on a grid.
You should be able to tell if a body/container is empty without manually searching it.
ALT doesn't highlight everything you can interact with.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not sure I hate it, but its three biggest flaws are:

Combat should be on a grid.
You should be able to tell if a body/container is empty without manually searching it.
ALT doesn't highlight everything you can interact with.

right, those things are fucking annoying me

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Poseidon00

Arcane
The only system I liked grids in was Tactics Ogre: LUCT, and only because the grids were a lie and if you had high ground or favorable weather you could attack pretty far beyond it.

Bah

Arcane
I don't hate Baldur's Gate 3 at all. If anything so far I've been (mostly) positively impressed by its quality, bar a bunch of minor nitpicks.

What I genuinely and fiercely hate, on the other hand, is Larian's obscene "chain/unchain" system to control the party in real time.
Give me the default BG/Pathfinder/PoE control system inspired by the RTS genre, it's incomparably quicker, more intuitive and overall better to use.

On a related note, you can join the good fight here: http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=685896&page=1 or here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/1/2971771480487991549/

Couldn't agree more. The chain/unchain system is so annoying. Let me ctrl+click portraits, or shift+click following standard multi-select flows to select multiple people, or drag mouse on the screen to select multiple people. Also add a keybinding to "select all" characters and the system would be perfect. The current flow takes so much time to manipulate your characters to stand in the right spots before I manually initiate combat, or stealthing.

Anyone who hates generic fantasy worlds should know that there are some great series still around that are more interesting: Zelda, Xenoblade, Disgaea, Cthulhu Saves the World, Dragon's Dogma, Bayonetta, Mario, Rayman and if you consider the Wild West a fantasy world Red Dead Redemption. They are all more or less set in fantasy but have distinct styles and characters and stories, except the Mario and Zelda have little story.

Johnny Biggums

Learned
I like what I am reading about reactivity and evil aligned runs but when I tried DOS2 last year I hated wrestling with the camera through the corridor maps, wrestling with the chaining/unchaining, cringing at the bugman writing, and enduring those annoying surface effects in every combat. Looks like BG3 has inherited all of these Larian "trademarks," and good aspects aside I know I won't enjoy playing it because of that. Plus now you're jumping everywhere and the action economy seems all screwed up.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Anyone who hates generic fantasy worlds should know that there are some great series still around that are more interesting: Zelda, Xenoblade, Disgaea, Cthulhu Saves the World, Dragon's Dogma, Bayonetta, Mario, Rayman and if you consider the Wild West a fantasy world Red Dead Redemption. They are all more or less set in fantasy but have distinct styles and characters and stories, except the Mario and Zelda have little story.
You're in the wrong containment board weeb.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Cthulhu Saves the World is nice.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Cthulhu Saves the World is nice.
The battle music from that game has been my phone's ringtone for years. I always hope that someday someone will recognize it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom