Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Petition to make SCIENCE! and Public Library accessible for all

Would you like to have them accessible for all?

• Total voters

Semiurge

Cipher
What about alerts from restricted areas? It would be nice if you could at least see what they are about.

ferratilis

Magister
What does one have to do to be able to see the restricted subforums? I've been reading the Codex for a few years, mostly to find some opinions on RPGs I love or read about some old games I wouldn't otherwise hear about elsewhere. What's the reason newcomers are banned from the "VIP lounge"? Just curious.

Semiurge

Cipher
What does one have to do to be able to see the restricted subforums? I've been reading the Codex for a few years, mostly to find some opinions on RPGs I love or read about some old games I wouldn't otherwise hear about elsewhere. What's the reason newcomers are banned from the "VIP lounge"? Just curious.

DU doesn't want to attract the crowd that's only interested in jewbashing and shitposting. Maybe he likes to pretend that people join mainly because of arpeegees, while the site clearly advertises the freedom to shitpost. That is Codex's main draw.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

DU doesn't want to attract the crowd that's only interested in jewbashing and shitposting. Maybe he likes to pretend that people join mainly because of arpeegees, while the site clearly advertises the freedom to shitpost. That is Codex's main draw.

Kind of like shutting the barn door after the horses have bolted.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
In your case, just check out the Codex at 24th October

Well, it turns out those forums are torpid, almost dead.
That's why they were opened to the public I wager. Honestly, the era of forums is over, most people have moved on to other platforms and means of communication. This site is basically a BBS dinosaur board, a living museum more than anything else. It's like ham radio, except the barrier of entry is much lower.

I disagree.

Social Media is shit boring banal. Its only use is to store photos, crib memes from and talk to people you know. Especially the modern ones. In certain aspects, stuff like Orkut was far superior to Facebook today.

Social Media is also getting more and more censored and oppressive. And honestly, most of the content is trash.

I think we need a rebirth of the forums, or perhaps a fusion of forum and social media in something more private, secure and free.

Codex got a bunch of games started. Look at how many dexers are game devs now, look how many games we backed.

How many really good games happened because of Fagbook?

One day, Facebook and their ilk will be gone, and the RPG Codex will still be here.

Semiurge

Cipher
the site clearly advertises the freedom to shitpost.

Please show me a single example of how this is so.

no.png

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Well, it turns out those forums are torpid, almost dead.
That's why they were opened to the public I wager. Honestly, the era of forums is over, most people have moved on to other platforms and means of communication. This site is basically a BBS dinosaur board, a living museum more than anything else. It's like ham radio, except the barrier of entry is much lower.

I disagree.

Social Media is shit boring banal. Its only use is to store photos, crib memes from and talk to people you know. Especially the modern ones. In certain aspects, stuff like Orkut was far superior to Facebook today.

Social Media is also getting more and more censored and oppressive. And honestly, most of the content is trash.

I think we need a rebirth of the forums, or perhaps a fusion of forum and social media in something more private, secure and free.

Codex got a bunch of games started. Look at how many dexers are game devs now, look how many games we backed.

How many really good games happened because of Fagbook?

One day, Facebook and their ilk will be gone, and the RPG Codex will still be here.
I'm pretty sure social media has killed more games and game projects than it's started, and Codex has kicked off more games and projects than either of those numbers. Idiots in boardrooms always think they can ride the social media wave for free advertising/shillery, and a good portion of the time they end up with some kind of shitstorm or controversy on their hands. Meanwhile, Codex might shit all over your project, or they might declare it incline, but they sure as hell won't try to stop you from making it.

Semiurge

Cipher
There, locked behind bars, they slowly wither, but with newfag access they could prosper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom