Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
How do you come to the point of defending the grove? Is there a time limit/number of long rests?

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
ok but why give the location then go back to defend it? is it a strategic decision? that it would be easier to defend a "siege" than murdering them at their base?

Voids

Augur
ok but why give the location then go back to defend it? is it a strategic decision? that it would be easier to defend a "siege" than murdering them at their base?

I can't remember specifics, but you are basically being a double agent for the drow. She sends you in to open the gate from the inside so they don't have to siege the grove. In the video the player betrays the drow.

Ninjerk

Arcane
When I see BG3 inventory, I wonder why it has so much fucking room in it. I grant that there were bags in previous games that improved that, but you at least had some serious inventory limitations early on.

Murk

Arcane

LARIAN YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!!

For anyone reading, the guy probably had been collecting all the explosive barrels in Act 1.

Yeah.

Loosely related -- I did make use of chests and crates in other areas to block off enemy movement to make chokeholds, which works surprisingly well. Tried doing a solo ranger build and was using a lot of gimmicks/tricks to get around (lots of pushing of fledges, too).

Overall I like it, it's fun. Any system that lets you get creative is a-okay with me.

Voids

Augur
When I see BG3 inventory, I wonder why it has so much fucking room in it. I grant that there were bags in previous games that improved that, but you at least had some serious inventory limitations early on.

Because market research says that inventory management is bad.

Vatnik Wumao
I guess this dialogue choice has less to do with the deity and more with the healing domain which I've chosen. Hopefully I'll get some proper Laduguer choices down the line.
1uWuVAh.jpg

Black

Arcane
You know what this game could use? Some sort of iron-man mode that lets you save normally, but all the rolls are static so you can't savescum them (at least so easily).

Lawntoilet Thank you for your vigilance.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane

Because market research says that inventory management is bad.

Wish they heeded that research. There is a lot of inventory management, I pick everything up with my main, when he can't walk I distribute among the party and when I finally be able to sell it in the goblin base I end up murdering the trader half an hour later and pick all my sold shit back in addition to their shit and redistribute.........

I wouldn't mind if they implemented toggable WASD controls for the zoomed in camera view in the full release. As pretty as it looks even on medium details from these views...

8u0oQLM.jpg

Wg2KMlM.jpg

K4YD7aq.jpg

oVN9ebf.jpg

... it controls a bit awkward.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Did anyone come across this?

I was doing the Mayrina rescue mission and I managed to sneak by the old hag pawns with only my rogue. I found her cage and lowered her but no conversation is triggering with her nor the Journal is getting updated.
I went to the next room and found a portal the takes me outside, nothing else. What's the normal sequence of events?

dtu3DIj.jpg

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I was doing the Mayrina rescue mission and I managed to sneak by the old hag pawns with only my rogue. I found her cage and lowered her but no conversation is triggering with her nor the Journal is getting updated.
I went to the next room and found a portal the takes me outside, nothing else. What's the normal sequence of events?

dtu3DIj.jpg

I didn't attempt this quest on my run, and I can tell that since you have the two evil bitches in your party, you will get nagged for doing it yourself.

Voids

Augur

dtu3DIj.jpg

That's a common bug.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Loaded many times and unfortunately nothing. I don't know where I'm supposed to fight Old Hag after she fleed to the cave for the first time. Looks like it's also not triggering.
I will try to kill the pawns and see if anything changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom