Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

MartinK

Learned
Nearly 8 years in development, massive team... of course it will be rather mediocre.

MartinK

Learned
Hey, just had this relaization. If they honestly expected the game to compete on its own, woudl they hire expensive celebs? I mean what value does the guy form matrix or mustrat’s wife add to the game? Muskrat’s wife is actually making the game worse by having her shitty music included.

Modern Diakatana.

Gerrard

Arcane
it doesn't have to be at night
it doesn't have to be in a large city
it doesn't need to be 3rd person
it doesn't need to have different classes
it doesn't need the player to be able to use flying cars
it doesn't need accessible interiors for buildings
it doesn't need to be free of liberal bullshit
it doesn't need to have good customisation options
it doesn't need to have real dialogue choices
it doesn't need you to be able to join different factions
it doesn't need to have killable NPCs
it doesn't need to have Trauma Team as a gameplay element the player can use
it doesn't need to have destructible environments
it doesn't need to have good graphics
it doesn't matter that CD Projekt Red is staffed by Americans now
it doesn't need mod support
it doesn't need to have good box art
it doesn't need to not blow all its budget on b list actors
it doesn't need to be an RPG
it doesn't need you to be able to purchase new apartments
it doesn't need you to be able to choose different childhood heroes
it doesn't need you to be able to customise your cars or apartment
it doesn't need Cyberpsychosis to be part of the game
it doesn't matter that it's cinematic garbage
it doesn't need to not be downgraded
it doesn't need to not be GTA 2077
it doesn't matter that NPCs don't refer to you as "he/she" anymore
it doesn't need to have a branching story
it doesn't need to have massive crowds of people
it doesn't need dynamic weather systems

ThatsRightImInIt

Educated
uq1d4qD.jpg

they added epsteins island to cyberpunk???? wtf...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
God I can't wait for these autist "discussions" to die down, and the game releases, so we can have actual game discussion and feedback and impressions.

It's gonna be a long month wait... stay vigilant and GET HYPED

kangaxx

Arbiter
God I can't wait for these autist "discussions" to die down, and the game releases, so we can have actual game discussion and feedback and impressions.

The more hyped I get the more disappointed I'm likely to be in this game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As if "these autist autistic (see what I did there?) "discussions" will ever end.

Naraya

Arcane
Eh, it's good to have perspective and remind oneself when reading Codex bloodbaths over topics like "But what IS an RPG?!" that we live on a pale blue dot and all of this doesn't make any sense in the grand scheme of things.

:positive:

kangaxx

Arbiter
Eh, it's good to have perspective and remind oneself when reading Codex bloodbaths over topics like "But what IS an RPG?!" that we live on a pale blue dot and all of this doesn't make any sense in the grand scheme of things.

:positive:

If aggressive aliens turn up I'd like to think this forum would convince them of humanity's worth.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think that would only work on mind devourers; they would all get food poisoning.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Little do we know, but it is God who plays the ultimate RPG. Jesus was his character, and he rolled Him as a charismatic cleric: with the spells such as cure light wounds, cure disease, cure blindness or deafness, bless, charm person or mammal, walk upon water, and such. He tried to do the pacifist run, but failed persuasion check against Pontius Pilate...

Wunderbar

Arcane
Little do we know, but it is God who plays the ultimate RPG. Jesus was his character, and he rolled Him as a charismatic cleric: with the spells such as cure light wounds, cure disease, cure blindness or deafness, bless, charm person or mammal, walk upon water, and such. He tried to do the pacifist run, but failed persuasion check against Pontius Pilate...
serves him right for being a storyfag

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom