Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Technomancer

Liturgist
Hmm, so Jewb's only taking 369 damage then?
Yeah, gotta be careful around high levels.
A worm that walks takes half again as much damage (+50%) from damaging area effects
Not sure if it applies to banshee but 400 is enough to end most anyway.

How is that 400 damage Wail of the Banshee possible? He's a Level 20 caster, which should entail a maximum of 200 damage. Is there some kind of vulnerability at play here?

Technomancer

Liturgist
How is that 400 damage Wail of the Banshee possible? He's a Level 20 caster, which should entail a maximum of 200 damage. Is there some kind of vulnerability at play here?
Probably difficulty buffs add him some levels. But even as a regular character you can do up to 360 damage with empower.

Oh right. I don't enjoy playing on those kinds of difficulties, because they break the boundaries of the system mechanically. Today is pretty idle, but ordinarily I don't have the time to be inclined for that of masochism. I can understand the appeal and why others do it though.

Aruil

Educated
Patron
I'm really confused by the pre-orders. If anyone can answer I would be thankful.

If I buy the digital edition tier and add-on the alpha access will I also get the beta access when it comes out? Or is that only for the Early Access tier?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh right. I don't enjoy playing on those kinds of difficulties, because they break the boundaries of the system mechanically. Today is pretty idle, but ordinarily I don't have the time to be inclined for that of masochism. I can understand the appeal and why others do it though.

There’s nothing masochistic about it. I accidentally triggered that fight unbuffed with a summon and still it came down to Farrinas surviving an Acid Pit and Amiri whiffing three times with him at 7 hp. Great fight.

Reloaded, buffed, and finished him off in less than a round. Unfair doubles damage, but it doesn’t matter if you never get hit.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Hey is it possible to buy the $15 EA again and give the key to a friend? Or would I need to do that new account/register another debit card shit?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can anybody post the latest Alpha patch. I still have no access to their forum

New patch is about Heroes stuff only.

1. Some enemy armies (most of the quest armies) now have leaders. Those leaders can cast spells and they provide bonuses to their army.

2. A lot of enemy armies changed their (especially the ones with the same type of units) now have different units. For example an army with 4 units of minotaurs now will include throwing axe minotaurs (or some other kind)!

3. Units now have fixed turn order.

4. Enemy armies will start spawning after you dealt with the garrison on the river. By the end of an Act, additional two armies will spawn. Those armies will engage the closest player’s army.

5. All units now have a new ability - Defensive Stance. It takes a whole action and provides a 4 AC bonus until the start of the next turn.

6. Ranked up units now have different abilities.

7. We’ve sent demon officers and leaders to an officer school, so they became smarter. A lot of abilities have changed.

8. Rank ups are now faster. We’ve also fixed a diplomacy rank up - it works now.

9. We have provided all archers (except rangers) with melee weapons, so now they will change them when they are engaged in melee.

10. We nerfed archers. All archers (except marksmen) now fire into combat with -4 to attack.

11. We have added impassable objects on the terrain.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Can anybody post the latest Alpha patch. I still have no access to their forum

New patch is about Heroes stuff only.

1. Some enemy armies (most of the quest armies) now have leaders. Those leaders can cast spells and they provide bonuses to their army.

2. A lot of enemy armies changed their (especially the ones with the same type of units) now have different units. For example an army with 4 units of minotaurs now will include throwing axe minotaurs (or some other kind)!

3. Units now have fixed turn order.

4. Enemy armies will start spawning after you dealt with the garrison on the river. By the end of an Act, additional two armies will spawn. Those armies will engage the closest player’s army.

5. All units now have a new ability - Defensive Stance. It takes a whole action and provides a 4 AC bonus until the start of the next turn.

6. Ranked up units now have different abilities.

7. We’ve sent demon officers and leaders to an officer school, so they became smarter. A lot of abilities have changed.

8. Rank ups are now faster. We’ve also fixed a diplomacy rank up - it works now.

9. We have provided all archers (except rangers) with melee weapons, so now they will change them when they are engaged in melee.

10. We nerfed archers. All archers (except marksmen) now fire into combat with -4 to attack.

11. We have added impassable objects on the terrain.
All seems pretty reasonable to me. Hopefully point 7 fixes the enemies that do literally nothing and never end their turn so that it's impossible to win the fight (ie. Purple Worms).
Now they just need to fix your leaders' inability to get their spells back after casting them once.

ChildInTime

Learned
Do you guys think eventual beta will be a closed one like the alpha, or will it be available in early access on Steam?

Sykar

Arcane
Do you guys think eventual beta will be a closed one like the alpha, or will it be available in early access on Steam?

KM Beta afaik is open until Chapter 3 IIRC? After that are still under NDA so no stream/screenshot/etc.

2671e0601faf3b43874e061ff665e3e2.png

razvedchiki

Erudite
the paladin companion is the iconic pathfinder female paladin or the half orc from the tabletop module?
also could anyone post screens of all the available companions?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
the paladin companion is the iconic pathfinder female paladin or the half orc from the tabletop module?
also could anyone post screens of all the available companions?
Screens are all on 4chan usually (vrpg or vg/crpg)
Half orc from the module is an advisor, iconic paladin is the companion

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom