Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
Since it's not on GOG, no.
You GOG loyalists are worse than hipsters.
LoL and i thought that you were a communist.
A single flower does not make spring.
No,but a single compromise leads to losing fate! People were saying that accepting homofaggotness won't lead to forcing kids to become trannies and legitimizing paedophilia :).
In the meanwhile, I'll be enjoying games whether they're available on GOG or not.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Since it's not on GOG, no.
You GOG loyalists are worse than hipsters.
LoL and i thought that you were a communist.
A single flower does not make spring.
No,but a single compromise leads to losing fate! People were saying that accepting homofaggotness won't lead to forcing kids to become trannies and legitimizing paedophilia :).
In the meanwhile, I'll be enjoying games whether they're available on GOG or not.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Yeah,because i don't lol. I do enjoy them all,i just buy only on gog,at very least it is a slav company!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I used to prefer buying things on GOG when I could, but now that it's been proven beyond a doubt that they don't give a shit about good indies, and also with that atrocious new launcher, that's no longer the case. I'm pirating whatever I want to keep a DRM-free copy of from now on.
What?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I used to prefer buying things on GOG when I could, but now that it's been proven beyond a doubt that they don't give a shit about good indies, and also with that atrocious new launcher, that's no longer the case. I'm pirating whatever I want to keep a DRM-free copy of from now on.
What?
What?
Their shitty QC has been well documented: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/list-of-oldschool-rpgs-rejected-by-gog.128345/ (and more)
Their shitty launcher: https://af.gog.com/galaxy?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What?
What?
Their shitty QC has been well documented: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/list-of-oldschool-rpgs-rejected-by-gog.128345/ (and more)
Yeah,gog does have problems,even some sjw shit from time to time. That said,it is a lot better than the other places. What i can't find on gog i just pirate. Also do people really use launchers ??? I just download the files and install the game,don't want that spyware on my pc,no matter which company comes from lol.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

I believe they realized their errors, Grimoire is on GOG, so is Amberland and KotC 1 & 2 are approved and on their way.
Meanwhile, Steam scam retardation is still live...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What?
What?
Most games on that list are on GOG already. Their launcher is optional, unlike Steam. I just use it to install and auto-update games. It's too much of a resource hog to use it while playing games and there's zero reason to do so anyway. You still get DRM-free copies of games you can keep the installers of wherever you want, which is the entire point.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I decided to see what gog galaxy 2.0 is like and it is terrible. Couldn't even figure out how to download the dlc for pathfinder kingmaker.

Anyway, I'll be getting the early access. I figured since it's going to be cheaper than the full price on launch day, they seem like they'll finish the game, and I'm going to buy the fully released game for my blog eventually that I might as well do it now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/2986034

Solasta Early Access Steam Keys have been sent - check your inbox!

Hey there everyone,

We just started sending the Early Access Steam Keys as well as the Supporter Pack DLC Keys through CrowdOx. While it may not be immediate, everyone should receive their Steam Keys within 24h! If you have any issue or question, please continue reading below.

With the launch of Early Access, we'll also be closing CrowdOx Add-Ons soon. After November 20th, exactly 1 month after the Early Access launch, you will no longer be able to purchase the Solasta Sourcebook, the Solasta OST Vinyl or the Solasta Adventure Box anymore - so don't wait too long if you planned to get that!

Wait, I received 2 Keys?
Yes that's normal, don't worry!
  • One Key gives you access to Solasta Early Access (as well as the final release when it comes out in 2021).
  • The other Key gives you access to the Supporter Pack DLC - additional content which we're giving away for free to all Backers whose rewards included the game.
The Supporter Pack contains High Quality Concept Art that you will be able to find in your Steam Folder ([...]\Steam\steamapps\common\Solasta\SupporterArtPack), as well as 7 custom dice that will be made available at the full release.

2f44f8e75f377a5d2473259c08adb256_original.png

The Art Pack contains promotional key art, as well as environmental and weapon concept art
How do I activate my Keys on Steam?
Worry not, here is a little guide for you! Download Steam if you haven't already, and on the top of the Steam Window you should see the following categories:

381a50cd1b82f59341d266c60e875e33_original.png

Click on Games => Activate a Product on Steam..., then press next a couple of time:

f55ca6b5c3542aa8d23c4eb6878410dd_original.PNG

Paste your Steam Key here and press next, and you should be done! Repeat the same process for the Supporter Pack DLC. You must use the Game Code before the DLC Code.

I can't download / play the game!
Don't panic, that's normal! Solasta: Crown of the Magister will be available on Tuesday October 20th from 8 am PDT / 11 am EDT / 5 pm CEST onwards. You won't be able to download or play the game before that.

I didn't receive my Keys!
Make sure you checked your spam folder, the email should come from solasta-crown-of-the-magister@support.crowdox.com. It might also be that the keys are still being sent - however you should have all received them by Friday 16th.

If you have any issue, contact us at contact@tactical-adventures.com with your Kickstarter Name, email address, Pledge level and real name

What about the other rewards?
The digital rewards will be made available at full launch in 2021. The physical rewards should be sent / received within 3 months of the final launch date in 2021.

If you're wondering how it's going on the physical side, we're done with the script and will start working on the layout (the visuals) when the rush of Early Access launch is over. Here is a mockup we received from our Layout Artist (ignore the text, it's placeholder gibberish from our website)

6887720377ef3e803d6b10e84d4fdddf_original.png

Again don't pay attention to the text, it's placeholder

Play Early Access, or wait full release?
Some of you were wondering in our Discord Server if you should play Early Access or wait for the full release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister in 2021. As we want everyone to enjoy their time in Solasta, here is some information to help you make the choice.

You should play Early Access if...
  • You are extremely excited to play Solasta and can't wait anymore
  • You're fine with playing a game that's still in development
  • You want to contribute to Solasta's development by sharing feedback and suggestions
  • You don't mind playing part of the story now, and get the full experience later (saves will not be compatible)
You should wait for the full release if...
  • You hate Early Access and/or playing unfinished games
  • Bugs make you scream bloody murder
  • You only plan to play through the game one single time
At the end of the day, we want you to have fun. Do not force yourself to play Solasta during Early Access if you don't want to! That being said, if you do decide to join the Early Access and give us a hand in making the game as great as it can be for the full release, we thank you in advance <3

Cheers folks,

Myzzrym

Prime Junta

I don't even remember backing this and I got mine too. WTF is this anyway, I haven't been paying attention?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got mine too. Wish I could give away only the Early Access part of the key since I'm not really interested in using it.
Also do people really use launchers ???
I like that it records playtime and I can check at a glance what games are installed and what games I own on the platform. That was before it turned into a One-Stop Unified Launcher Experience™ piece of shit.

RPK

Scholar
And got my key.

I received my key, but it says the game is not unlocked yet, and Key #2 is a URL, not a key?

i didn't back ,so not following too closely, but I think they said in their discord that the game won't be playable until the 20th.

EDIT: this is from their announcement in the discord:

Note: You won't be able to download the game yet, you'll just be able to add it to your Steam Library. The Game will unlock on the 20th

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also got mine. Pretty excited for this after Larian said BG3 won't see a proper release until late 2021
Imagine all the schmucks who are now fappin' excitedly 'cause they can alpha/betatest their game, pay for it and be happy for more than a year :lol: Bravo Swen, you magnificent bastard.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
And got my key.

I received my key, but it says the game is not unlocked yet, and Key #2 is a URL, not a key?

i didn't back ,so not following too closely, but I think they said in their discord that the game won't be playable until the 20th.

EDIT: this is from their announcement in the discord:

Note: You won't be able to download the game yet, you'll just be able to add it to your Steam Library. The Game will unlock on the 20th

kewl, but does not explain the odd url

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got mine. Got fooled and thought that I could download.

I got the same mail five times. I thought that I was being spammed at first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom