Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Erikkolai

Learned
1st playthrough: Corp background, Neo-Militarist style, Netrunner class.
2nd playthrough: Corp background, Neo-Militarist style, Techie class.
3rd playthrough: Corp background, Neo-Militarist style, Solo class.

The talk of cosplay threatened my boner for a little bit, but it's still going strong.

Last edited:

cpmartins

Cipher
People weren't kidding, this does look like GTA 2077. What a shame.

I'm pretty sure it'll fail to do GTA as well as GTA. The rest of it could be entertaining depending on a few factors, but I'm preparing to be disappointed.
Arguable, since Witcher 3 did RDR with swords fairly competently. I think it's going to be pretty much GTA with light RPG elements.

Paul_cz

Arcane
These bitchings about "looks like GTA duuuh" are never going to stop being super fucking dumb, to the point where it's something I would expect from youtube or retardera commenters. It is a game set in an open city that has cars in it. For fuck sake yes on superficial level it will look like GTA, like any other game set in open city with cars in it ever made would look. Completely irrelevant, dumb as fuck obvious, observation, that has no bearing on the actual quality of the game.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This is a complex RPG, with a good story and writing, C&C, skillchecks and combat with multiple endings and approaches to quests. And it has fucking KEANU fucking REEVES nigga

On top of that you have an entire open world that is basically future GTA 6 on top of all that, that you can easily get lost in and just play that if you want. Not to mention the top notch next gen graphics and music and sound design.

"leeuuuell its juss gta in futurrr"

Uh huh, yeah allright.

Get.Sufficiently.Hyped.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lol the dev who was intervieved for cars segment worked on Star Citizen :lol:

https://pl.linkedin.com/in/pdalessi
He first participated in The Next Great Starship contest where he took first place with a shitty design (which Cris Roberts hated it and still does till this day), he then got hired like other participants were.

This gunship design should've won first place instead

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who knows how the game will really feel? We (still!) haven't gotten a proper look at actual gameplay since 2018.

Feels like we're starting to run out of time for traditional press previews. I wonder if the plan is to just have reviews on the same day as the Night City Wire #5 a few days before the game is released, and for that to be people's first real look at the game. Then again, I guess you can do a lot in a month if you really want to...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They can release game for both players and journalists the same day. At least they wouldn't have to solve problem with leaked copies at every pirate site.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is this the final look of the UI design on character customization?
33ntitled.png

If so, is great incline compared to the old abject one

44-Untitled.png

But I thought that this would not be the case!?

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
These bitchings about "looks like GTA duuuh" are never going to stop being super fucking dumb, to the point where it's something I would expect from youtube or retardera commenters. It is a game set in an open city that has cars in it. For fuck sake yes on superficial level it will look like GTA, like any other game set in open city with cars in it ever made would look. Completely irrelevant, dumb as fuck obvious, observation, that has no bearing on the actual quality of the game.

This is an equally dumb comment. The game is being marketed as a futuristic GTA clone instead of a proper RPG, which is not surprising since CDPR dropped the whole "RPG" tag on Twitter.

Welcome to the official Twitter account of Cyberpunk 2077 — an open-world, action-adventure story

Almost everything shown so far is more along the lines of a GTA clone, right down to the "choose your background" aspect, not considerably different as playing different characters in GTA V (Michael, Trevor, Franklin) with their own backgrounds and quests. Is this surface-level criticism? We will know when the game ships, but so far I haven't seen anything that makes me think these will be the cherry on top of a phenomenal RPG.

Quillon

Arcane
man I hate that opening song bit of NC wire and the following ambient music designed to put me to sleep, hope that's not the game's main menu music or something

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom