Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Ranarama

Learned
Hmmm, delays give birth to delays. If we forgive delays to Cyberpunk 2077, so should we to Realms Beyond. Both teams had too big ambitions. Cyberpunk cut bunch of promised features while Realms Beyond significantly downsized playable map, keeping all promised gameplay features

I prefer Realms Beyond's way

If you just stop following development and wait for them to come out, the whole thing is moot.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
5q4VLvV.png

Bara

Arcane
Yeah I don't see the devs coming back after finding work elsewhere unless their paychecks are really good provided operations even ever start up again.

This games had so many different cursed incarnations now I think Cleve is the only one who could ever get it to release. (after another decade or two)

purpleblob

Savant
Remember when 20 pages ago everyone thought that we were actually going to get this game? Yeah.

Big oof for the guy who pledged $5k. Now what do we do? Do we unironically wait for Black Geyser?

Its sad but I think Black Geyser may actually be released while Realms Beyond won't.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And this is why you don't do Kickstarters for games if you are not already quite far into development or can prove in some other way that this won't actually end in nothing.

Too bad, though, really. I was looking forward to the game.
And to be fair, it can still happen. I see no reason why development couldn't continue if they do manage to secure funding somehow.
I just don't know how likely that is - I'd actually have thought that publishers are more likely right now to fund projects, given that more people are gaming right now.

Honestly, by now I feel that the "lonely dev working in their mum's basement" might actually be the safest bet. It might take forever, but the risks are pretty low if the lone guy is determined.
Even Grimoire came out.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well, fuck. My first and only Kickstarter, my hope for marriage between Arcanum & Baldur's Gate, my isometric Gothic, my dream is in . . . coma. And only smell of 1 000 000 $ [from Paradox] can wake it up

What a shitty way to start this otherwise beautiful Sunday. Saddest news since Fall of Constantinople

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Considering that PnP based games are having somewhat of a resurgence (BG3, Solasta, Pathfinder) I guess the dev could maybe make a spin for it to get funding.

God, I was wishing we would have like dozens of fan-made modules after this game is released due the tool set.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was thinking this too, money down the tubes. I've had a few of those, but half the time I pledge and then forget about it until the game launches or otherwise comes back on to my radar. I should've known the project was cursed after the Chaos Chronicles days. :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom