Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
fucking KEANU fucking REEVES nigga
Reeves is overrated as fuck. Like DiCaprio, he grow popular due to handsome face, but while DiCaprio proved his worth by playing some of the best roles of the decade, Reeves is stuck with his mediocre acting qualities.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Almost everything shown so far is more along the lines of a GTA clone, right down to the "choose your background" aspect, not considerably different as playing different characters in GTA V (Michael, Trevor, Franklin) with their own backgrounds and quests.
This is the move I can respect. CDPR finally stopped pretending that they're making RPGs and dropped false advertising altogether. CP77 not being a RPG makes a lot of criticism here irrelevant.

Although the thread is still in GRPG section... someone has to deal with the reality.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Almost everything shown so far is more along the lines of a GTA clone, right down to the "choose your background" aspect, not considerably different as playing different characters in GTA V (Michael, Trevor, Franklin) with their own backgrounds and quests.
This is the move I can respect. CDPR finally stopped pretending that they're making RPGs and dropped false advertising altogether. CP77 not being a RPG makes a lot of criticism here irrelevant.

Although the thread is still in GRPG section... someone has to deal with the reality.

This, obviously. I have nothing against GTA 2077, it's a game I would probably play and enjoy, but it looks to be little of an RPG so far. And as I told other people in the past, GTA V DOES have stats that influence your abilities at doing certain basic stuff, but that doesn't mean it's an RPG because that's not how it feels like at all when playing it.

Gerrard

Arcane
FqHtGU2.gif

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
The recommended spec feels really like quite wishful thinking IMO... shame it's so difficult to find a new GPU at the moment.

Yeah I may have to buy a prebuilt in order to get the new cards :(
Why, there's barely any life on the streets

I like shiny neon and want ray tracing. Also haven't had a gaming PC in over 10+ years so I need to get it from the ground up, also game looks great you nihilist

Paul_cz

Arcane
This is an equally dumb comment. The game is being marketed as a futuristic GTA clone instead of a proper RPG, which is not surprising since CDPR dropped the whole "RPG" tag on Twitter.

No, they call it RPG in every single interview and piece of marketing material. But even if they didn't, so fucking what? It is still an RPG. Similarities to GTA are purely superficial.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
No, they call it RPG in every single interview and piece of marketing material. But even if they didn't, so fucking what? It is still an RPG. Similarities to GTA are purely superficial.

This is the problem: we don't know if it's still an RPG, or even if it's a good one. Bethesda does the same shit with their games, and I'm more willing to consider their games RPGs than this GTA clone.

Paul_cz

Arcane
This is the problem: we don't know if it's still an RPG, or even if it's a good one. Bethesda does the same shit with their games, and I'm more willing to consider their games RPGs than this GTA clone.
We who are not retards and have eyes, ears and brains do know that it is an RPG based on the available materials, interviews and information.

Whether it will be a good one is unknown, but based on previous work, probability is high. And given that this time we can customize our own character in much more significant ways than in Witcher trilogy, the "RPGishness" should be higher, if anything.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I like how people suddenly became blind and amnesiac towards the numerous times we've been shown actual gameplay, rpg systems, skills, skillchecks etc. On LIVE WIRE episodes and just general stream and event footage.

But ohh no no, ITS GTA ! GTA BAD ! THEY LIED TO US!

Codex never changes.

MartinK

Learned
I like shiny neon and want ray tracing. Also haven't had a gaming PC in over 10+ years so I need to get it from the ground up, also game looks great you nihilist

Why do games need better (and thhus more hardware intensive) graphics anyway? VtM: Bloodlines looks just fine. Original Doom is still fun as ever. Honestly looks of a game are the last thing I care about, even on brand new machine I set graphic options to low (and disable complex shadows, these always slow thing down at least a little bit) to make it move smoother.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I like how people suddenly became blind and amnesiac towards the numerous times we've been shown actual gameplay, rpg systems, skills, skillchecks etc. On LIVE WIRE episodes and just general stream and event footage
it's CDPR, they may cut/rework rpg system from the game a few weeks before release. Hell, they already did a similar thing with witcher 3 by changing it after the release.
Imagine having RPG system so shit and insignificant you can redo it few months after the game was released and players can keep playing from the old save.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I like how people suddenly became blind and amnesiac towards the numerous times we've been shown actual gameplay, rpg systems, skills, skillchecks etc. On LIVE WIRE episodes and just general stream and event footage
it's CDPR, they may cut/rework rpg system from the game a few weeks before release. Hell, they already did a similar thing with witcher 3 by changing it after the release.
Imagine having RPG system so shit and insignificant you can redo it few months after the game was released and players can keep playing from the old save.

Yeah, WHAT IF WHAT IF they cut the entire GAME bro? WOW WHAT IF

As if that is gonna happen? lol. People are so retarded and gullible, it's amazing.

Witcher 3 had a good story, amazing C&C, skillchecks, combat etc. and cyberpunk 2077 has that and tons more, and its been worked on for longer, but it's "JUST" GTA right, bro ?

Prime Junta

I had a blast with GTA San Andreas but haven't gotten into the later ones. I may have outgrown that style of game where ultimately there isn't much to do but check things off a list and drive around in a lush sandbox. I am still hoping that GTA 2077 will support distinct styles of gameplay, have meaningful C&C, and have character building that makes some kind of a difference.

Gastrick

Cipher
I like how people suddenly became blind and amnesiac towards the numerous times we've been shown actual gameplay, rpg systems, skills, skillchecks etc. On LIVE WIRE episodes and just general stream and event footage.

But ohh no no, ITS GTA ! GTA BAD ! THEY LIED TO US!

Codex never changes.
What RPG systems were involved in running people over with your car in GTA 2077?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom