Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Naraya

Arcane
I have never played GTA V (in fact I've never played any GTA past the first one) but I know how it looks and plays, more or less. I don't think CP2077 will be a copy of any other game (with just a different skin slapped on it), but rather a blend of several, defining its own kind of genre. I imagine it's going to be a melange of GTA V, Deus Ex and The Witcher 3 gameplay systems. And I'd be really happy if it turns out to be true!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
The game isn't out yet right?

Then they should scrap this whole game and announce that the game will be rebuilt from the ground up as proper turn based isometric CRPG.

Man, I really want another Shadowrun :negative:

Gerrard

Arcane
kurwa.png

:mca:

Danikas

Arcane
Infinitron now that the shills in this thread have embraced and accepted that it's a GTA clone (...and that's a good thing!) please move this to General Gaming....

Assassin's Creed Valhalla can stay in GRPG.
assasins creed gayhalla is ripping off glitcher 3 you mongoloid they cant even come up with their own random encounters :lol:.

desktopscreenshot202078jk3.png

desktopscreenshot2020adj7g.png

The wellspring of creativity called ubisoft

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Only time will tell
time.png

Jun 26, 2020
CYBERPUNK INFOS GATHERED FROM JOURNOS:
• There are no loading screens aside from the initial load time
• You can kill civilians - both in and out of vehicles
• Waste someone near a cop or local gang - or cause enough trouble and the law/local gang will deal with you...harshly
• Movement is a lot smoother than in The Witcher 3
• The player is nearly always in control of the camera, even during dialogue scenes
• There is a lot of dialogue
It is nothing like Grand Theft Auto [aesthetically and structure]. This is an RPG
• There are a ton of customization options
• You can choose between a circumcised and non-circumcised penis
• You can get through the entire game without killing anyone
• One of the quests has 7 different outcomes
• The more you use a weapon, the more you can specialize in it
• You can skip time to pass time for quests
• 1 real time hour = 8 in-game hours
• There are no loading screens for fast-travel
• Other than the initial load, there is a brief load when V sleeps
• Combat feels more like Destiny
• Game ran smoothly, but bugs were present
• Quests had a lot of optional tasks that change the outcome
• You don't feel like the centre of the universe
• Companions are actually useful in combat
• Characters weren't heard speaking any repeated lines of dialogue
• Your UI is determined by what enhancements you have equipped and by your Life Path
• There are a lot of likeable characters in the game; it's definitely less "edgy" than previous demos
• The side characters are very interesting
The open-world is stunning. Everyone gushes about the world design, atmosphere and retro-future, lived-in look and feel of it
• The game doles out a lot of interesting lore while being very subtle and casual with it
• There are no lore dumps given to the player - everything is experienced or sought-out by the player
• The world is very well fleshed out and believable
• Due to the changing allegiances of characters; you feel suspicious about every single character you meet
• XBD's or illegal Braindances are found on the Black Market, or at certain Night Markets sold by seedy individuals
• There are a TON of cybernetics to equip and use as well as enhancements for them
• A lot of focus on verticality
• There is fall damage
• There are children in the game. You cannot kill them
• When selecting Corpo as your Life Path, you begin the game at Arasaka Tower
• When selecting Nomad as your Life Path, you begin in the Badlands
• When selecting Street Kid as your Life Path, you begin in a bar in Night City
• When the tutorial ends, it's 6 years later and it starts where the E3 2018 gameplay demo began; with the "No Future" elevator
• Trauma Team will tase/shock you if you do not comply with their orders
• Dialogue is delivered very well - nothing B-Movie-like or cheesy
• There are animals - but very few of them. It is implied that they are all artificial
• You cannot pilot AV's [Aerodynes/flying cars]
• Some YouTube Influencers are in the game - both voice and face
• A humorous talk show is playing on a TV in V's apartment elevator
• You can talk to everyone - even NPC's
• You can get side-missions from NPC's
• Lots of NPC's in the Watson area - the city feels alive
• Parris didn't like the handling of the Quadra V-Tech - he said it was too sensitive. The dev said they are still working on that
• Misty and Jackie are romantically inclined
• The Life Path you choose has significant effects on your playthrough. Choices and characters are completely different at times throughout the game depending on your selection
• Yorinobu Arasaka has the Johnny Silverhand chip
• Gun Shops can offer you missions
• The weather effects are stunning
• The lighting effects are next-level
• The Maelstrom Flathead mission played similar to the old demo - except that Royce isn't given the chip and he shot him in the head, so no boss fight since...he's dead. The original Maelstrom gang leader is in the building somewhere
• if you don't intervene when Jackie is arguing with the Maelstrom ganger, shit goes down early
• There is a roaming CyberPsycho NPC killing police with a high-powered sniper rifle
• The streaming hands-on had lag and streaming issues - which is to be expected
• Night City is HUGE
• 4 hours is beyond barely scratching the surface
• Lots of reviewers just watched the world and found it mesmerizing
• The No-Tell Motel is in the game
• There are so many choices and options that it feels overwhelming; before you learn to take things in stride
• During melee - you have an attack button, a dodge button and a block button. If you time your block at the moment of impact, you will perform a counterattack. This applies to swords and knives as well
• The music is amazing - both the score and the music on the radio stations
• It really feels like playing a tabletop RPG, in terms of the player's freedom of choice, character creation, options available, mission choices/consequences and stat management
• Choices feel meaningful and not just fluff. There is a palpable weight to your choices
• Character models are impressive - but nothing Earth-shatteringly next-level
• The world feels alive - living and breathing. This is due to the atmosphere, NPC animations/ chatter and the lighting & textures
• Most everything in the trailer was from the prologue of the game
• Blessing Adeoye Jr. thinks the game might get delayed again.
• Driving feels great - slightly GTA-ish, but weighty
• There are upwards of a dozen radio stations [12+]
• There is a Rock music station
• You can hear live police reports through the radio
• It was reiterated that all of the music on the radio is comprised of all original, new songs performed by famous artists and CD Projekt Red's own sound team
• Side-quests are extremely varied
• The map is obscenely packed with things to see and do
• You can enter most every building
• Katanas aren't Pink by defaul
• Lots of attribute perks with trees of upgrades attached to each one
• Corpo Life Path begins with your boss asking you to break the law
• Blessing Adeoye Jr. theorized that all 3 Life Paths may lead to 3 mostly different game experiences for the entirety of the game
• Huge variety of weapons. Even similar weapons have entirely different stats and abilities
• Some side-missions can affect things in the Golden Path
• Most players really liked the Braindance segments - some found it boring
• Excitement for November 19th was unanimous among all players at the hands-on events
It is 100% an RPG first, shooter second
Cyberpunk 2077 is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Revolution on steroids
• Most players liked the shooting mechanics
• Vehicles all have unique interiors
• None of the bugs experienced were severe and should be fixed before launch
• The gunplay wasn't as impressive as it could be, as their character was just starting out and at a low level
• Cutscenes are in real-time and you can interact with them at all times - even changing the many possible outcomes based on your actions and observations
• There is a "Metriod-esque" trope at the start, where after the tutorial if flashes 6 years later and all your Cyberware and abilities are stripped away; forcing you to start from scratch
• No official confirmation of a photo mode
• RTX is a game changer with reflections and lighting - especially at night
• Sound effects are cinematic in quality - the game has a very expensive sound design
• There is a very Japanese/Blade Runner style side street with electrical cables hanging above you between the buildings and rows of vendors and noodle bars
• You can watch commercials on TV
• You still can't customize your apartment
• Every building you enter is insanely detailed
Your jaw will drop when you see the Skill Perk Tree - it is like a humongous spider web - far larger than the Attribute Tree shown last year
• Auto-Aim can be toggled on and off. It was set to "On" for everyone's hands-on experience
• You can steal cars, trucks and motorcycles - even shooting the driver and then taking the vehicle
• You can no longer select a wardrobe item off a hanger from the closet in your apartment. That is done via the character equipment menu. You can see your clothes in the closet -
• Aside from the Mantis Blades, you can also get forearm missles that pop out and then retract after use [or at your command] like Iron Man
• You can take enemy weapons and use them
• Although after the tutorial players could do whatever they wanted, they were confined to Watson.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
A lot of the few things that actually matter in that big list souds kinda ”yeah, don’t you wish”.

But meh, we’ll see.

typical user

Arbiter
I really like the vibes at the end (3:16 mark) in 2077 in style trailer. On Reddit people were speculating what is Silverhand's agenda, what are his motives. From what I understood he wanted to rescue his girlfriend Alt from Arasaka HQ in Night City and then blow it up with a nuke which he partially succeded. I think the story of 2077 will be working with Johnny who will want to vaporize enitre city again with no regards for the population because of his bias "if you live your life here you support corpo-suits". It will be up to us to stop him, get rid of him from our head or work with him and destroy mega-corporations. The trailer alludes that probably one of the game's ending will leave us dead just as Jackie who can/will die in prolog. I've read somewhere Night City suffered from nuclear detonation during 4th corporate war so I wonder what Johnny S. will cook-up to surpass nuclear fallout. He does want to see it all burn like he said in 2019 CGI trailer. Part of the story might be gaining a support from major factions/gangs. They were shown for a reason. GTA V has gangs too but not much abou their origins, leaders, main source of income, etc.

I wonder how it turns out in the next month and how close I was. But I expect there won't be a happy endings to the main story. DLCs will probably expand horizontally. In Witcher 3 the only non-canon choice is Ciri leaving Geralt behind, because he has to survive for the events of Blood and Wine to take place which happen after Wild Hunt story. I also expect CDPR will bring additional houses and car tuning in an expansion or some sort. It was alluded in rides of the dark future portion and The Diner CGI. There has to be more ways to spend blood money than body and weapon augmentations.

EDIT: Just to provide more evidence for Johnny's motives, in making-of for russian exclusive Night-City Wire the VO for RU Johnny says based on the text he was provided that "he isn't really pleasant person". Maybe that meant when players do not cooperate or maybe he meant more.

Last edited:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
They aren't showing quests because they don't want to spoil things.

Don't get me wrong if it releases and then is bad I'll join the hate parade but all this autistic negativity makes no sense. Either mental illness or shilling from Bethesda agents or something

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom