Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode 4: Vehicles and Styles

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

There was almost no developer Q&A in this month's installment of the Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire, just trailer after trailer. The majority of the episode was dedicated to the topic of the game's vehicles. A new trailer offered a look at the many types of vehicles players will come across in Night City, which range from cheapo budget cars to massive trucks to high-powered racing and luxury models, not to mention Johnny Silverhand's own vintage 1977 Porsche. This was followed by a behind-the-scenes video about the vehicles' audio design, which CD Projekt created by recording real cars at a race track, and then another video that was basically a commercial for Keanu Reeves' motorcycle company, because why not. The final part of the episode changed things up with a trailer about the fashion design of Night City. There are four main visual styles for NPCs in Cyberpunk 2077 - the standard cyberpunk "kitsch" style, a grungier and more downscale "entropic" style, the militaristic style of the corporations, and a flamboyant "neo-kitsch" style favored by celebrities.

After a couple of announcements about the finalists of a recent Cyberpunk 2077 cosplay contest and the game's Google Stadia release date, the episode concluded with one final surprise trailer showing V's visit to a diner to meet with a fixer. CD Projekt intend to broadcast a fifth episode of the Night City Wire "soon", presumably shortly before the game's release next month.

thesecret1

Arcane
You can tell a game is AAA when, despite already getting delayed, the dev team still wastes time with things like "unique car interior".

Naraya

Arcane
You can tell a game is AAA when, despite already getting delayed, the dev team still wastes time with things like "unique car interior".
ilf75lsoeat51.jpg

jplk33r2xbt51.png

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
Regarding the GTA joke references and for those who are not aware yet:

They are actually going to throw the game to the multiplayer gutter in their next big iteration. Even CDPR can loose focus, what a shock. It's going to be great with all the normies/streamers. So much fun, I can't wait !!!

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Regarding the GTA joke references and for those who are not aware yet:

They are actually going to throw the game to the multiplayer gutter in their next big iteration. Even CDPR can loose focus, what a shock. It's going to be great with all the normies/streamers. So much fun, I can't wait !!!
kv1d4Mr.gif

Pic Reminded me of a retarded Fonzi

Falksi

Arcane
This looks fucking atrocious. Like everyone involved with it has never heard, seen, read or watched anything remotely Cyberpunk in their lives.

Should be renamed "Nothing Remotely Like Cyberpunk at any point between 1977 & 2077"

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This looks fucking atrocious. Like everyone involved with it has never heard, seen, read or watched anything remotely Cyberpunk in their lives.

Should be renamed "Nothing Remotely Like Cyberpunk at any point between 1977 & 2077"
If the creator of Cyberpunk 2020 says that he is satisfied with the visual design, who are you to say otherwise?

Falksi

Arcane
Looks like a real bad sequel to Vice City..........

RDHypVG.jpg

sSP5I9M.png

3zjTtJg.jpg

I've never seen garbage look so clean.

What on Earth are they doing even thinking of calling this "Cyperpunk"? Oh that's right, it's from the same fuckwits who made "Witcher 3:the Wild Hunt"........in which you do everything apart from interact with the Wild Hunt for 90% of the game.

:0-13:

"SJW Colours of Love & Diversity 2077"

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Because mate they aren't going for the late 70s and early 80s-style cyberpunk (actual cyberpunk) but post-modern (2010 onwards) cyber "look" (not punk) where everything is slick and everyone's clothes have glowing LED strips on them. Realistically speaking the game should be called Cyber2077.
But yeah, if Pondsmith (who is on CD payroll) doesn't agree then I guess it's true. :outrage:

Falksi

Arcane

Because mate they aren't going for the late 70s and early 80s-style cyberpunk (actual cyberpunk) but post-modern (2010 onwards) cyber "look" (not punk) where everything is slick and everyone's clothes have glowing LED strips on them. Realistically speaking the game should be called Cyber2077.
But yeah, if Pondsmith (who is on CD payroll) doesn't agree then I guess it's true. :outrage:

Fair play. Should be renamed "Cyberwank" in that case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom