Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

after over a decade of development, this game is finally out. a prototype of it came out in like 2011, but it spent like 9 more years in development after that was released.

like grimoire, it's maddening that this game exists. they're both largely one-person passion projects that puts most other games to shame

Aemar

Arcane

*Available until 10am PST / 6PM BST October 19th*

At the beginning of this decade, SEGA Studios Australia was working on a series of reboots of classic SEGA IP, known collectively as the SEGA Reborn series. These included 2.5D reboots of Golden Axe, Altered Beast, and Streets of Rage, as well as an endless runner version of Shinobi, all encompassed in a universal hub world.

Sadly SEGA Studios Australia’s doors were shuttered in 2013, and with it the SEGA Reborn project was lost to the annals of video game history.

Until now.

On the occasion of SEGA’s 60th Anniversary, as a special treat to say “Thank You!” to our fans, SEGA is releasing a working prototype of Golden Axe Reborn, a single level created as proof-of-concept, or what’s known in the industry as a “vertical slice.” We’ve dubbed it, tongue in cheek, as “Golden Axed.”

Golden Axed offers a unique glimpse into the prospect of a project that could have been, and a rare peek behind the curtain at the sometimes tumultuous world of video game development.

We reached out to some of the original development team to bring this dusty gem to light, and they are proud that this project could be revived in some form to be shared with you, the fans.

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
Well, I'll go for it then; if this post is against the rules, feel free to delete it, mods.

WARNING: The link below is extremely NSFW.

The game isn't out yet, but you can "pre-order" it at 50% off effectively over at our Patreon (so a single $10 pledge instead of paying the full $20), up until it launches on March 31st.

https://www.patreon.com/FutureFragments

The reason I asked about it "not being on Steam" though is because per Steam rules, we can't give Steam keys to anyone unless they pay the full $20, so you'd be getting a key from another site.

tl;dr
Back the game on Patreon for $10 a single time = get the game at launch without paying another cent from any site or on a direct download, but you won't be able to get a Steam Key for just $10 per steam rules

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, I'll go for it then; if this post is against the rules, feel free to delete it, mods.

The game isn't out yet, but you can "pre-order" it at 50% off effectively over at our Patreon (so a single $10 pledge instead of paying the full $20), up until it launches on March 31st.

The reason I asked about it "not being on Steam" though is because per Steam rules, we can't give Steam keys to anyone unless they pay the full $20, so you'd be getting a key from another site.

tl;dr
Back the game on Patreon for $10 a single time = get the game at launch without paying another cent from any site or on a direct download, but you won't be able to get a Steam Key for just $10 per steam rules

you should get this guy to play your game - was a speedrunner before youtube demonetized him, now plays only nsfw games just from pure spite, got really famous for it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBI-VBrK8gcZLBK_xG_Ou9Q

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
if this post is against the rules

if it takes you more than 5 years to learn the rules of the game, pray that you never go to prison for drawing thinly veiled underage girls getting hit by multiheaded dick in ass and leg. You won't survive.

Is that from personal experience?
Rules change on sites and I'm just saying I'm not sure what the ruling is in this case since it's an edge case.

you should get this guy to play your game - was a speedrunner before youtube demonetized him, now plays only nsfw games just from pure spite, got really famous for it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBI-VBrK8gcZLBK_xG_Ou9Q

I actually contacted him a while back and he was playing it and giving feedback, then all of a sudden he dropped off the face of the earth as far as Discord goes, stopped replying to messages entirely, so I'm not sure if something suddenly bothered him about me or the game, but yeah, was a weird, sudden ending of contact between us. Would still be happy to have him play our game, of course.

Codex Year of the Donut
Rules change on sites and I'm just saying I'm not sure what the ruling is in this case since it's an edge case.
If it's approved by steam I doubt DU cares tbh.
You should send him a review key.

DU?
DarkUnderlord

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

tl;dr

the tasteful smut revolution on steam continues~

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
You should send him a review key.

DU?
DarkUnderlord

I'm all for anyone who wants to review it!

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
idk, these days you can get jailed for wrongthink even on codex.

If it helps, I actually got this "developer" flair because I beat the mods/admins in a game of Unreal Tournament 99' years ago and the reward for doing so was the ability to post about my game, despite it being NSFW, on codex.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
i'm just grateful people are doing this versus another low quality anime tiddy picture mosaic or whatever

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom