Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Wunderbar

Arcane
because CDPR are hacks. Go grind those floating barrels with levelled loot.
How bad level scaling in T3 is?
the usual stuff.

Loot depends on at what level you've found it, so if you were at level 5 then the legendary Gwyhyr sword will be level 5 too (and will be outclassed by some shitty level 7 rusty broadsword). Looted items are always worse than crafted ones, and crafted items are always worse than Witcher items, which means everything you loot/find/receive as a quest reward is just a vendor trash. It could've been alright if CDPR went full Diablo, but no - Witcher gear trumps everything so there is no fun in looting.

4aY4CcB.jpg

Enemies have levels too, and if an enemy is too high-level for you then you won't even be able to scratch it. Geralt literally kills a royal griffin in game's tutorial section, and then proceeds to get his shit pushed in by high-level drowners and ghouls.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Everybody beat me down whenever I complained about the gameplay.
This game is judged to be waaay higher than what it is, because of all the emotional story fags.
Finally some bitterness, it only took 5 years.
Hearts of Stone when judged by itself is easily near the top of my favorite RPGs.
The base game is too long and has a very unsatisfying main story.

Do I need to level in main game to play Hearts?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Everybody beat me down whenever I complained about the gameplay.
This game is judged to be waaay higher than what it is, because of all the emotional story fags.
Finally some bitterness, it only took 5 years.
Hearts of Stone when judged by itself is easily near the top of my favorite RPGs.
The base game is too long and has a very unsatisfying main story.

Do I need to level in main game to play Hearts?
iirc there is a menu option to start Hearts immediately, with a premade level 30 character.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
the usual stuff.

Loot depends on at what level you've found it, so if you were at level 5 then the legendary Gwyhyr sword will be level 5 too (and will be outclassed by some shitty level 7 rusty broadsword). Looted items are always worse than crafted ones, and crafted items are always worse than Witcher items, which means everything you loot/find/receive as a quest reward is just a vendor trash. It could've been alright if CDPR went full Diablo, but no - Witcher gear trumps everything so there is no fun in looting.

Enemies have levels too, and if an enemy is too high-level for you then you won't even be able to scratch it. Geralt literally kills a royal griffin in game's tutorial section, and then proceeds to get his shit pushed in by high-level drowners and ghouls.
And this is fucking Codex GOTY. Of the year 2015, the year when AoD and Underrail were released. Doesn't fucking scale to your level, no sir, not at all.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Doesn't fucking scale to your level, no sir, not at all.
Well, it doesn't (unless you enable enemy upscaling in the options). The problem with Witcher 3 enemy design is actually the opposite from Oblivion level scaling - your level is the most important stat and how you fare against enemies depends mostly on it. So your level 12 Geralt is running around cutting level 9 wyverns to pieces, then reaches the area 100 meters away where level 20 drowners live and gets torn to shreds.

Semiurge

Cipher

99% of the time looted items will be under-leveled shit, but what also makes me angry is that whenever I find something useful, it will be dozens of levels above mine. Just like the level 30 "Harpy" diagram I found in White Orchard :argh:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Use W3EE (Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition) mod. Removes all level scaling. How the game should have been on release.
But scale up your damage and bump up your health slighly so that it's not retard land. The default settings are pure masochist. Luckily those 2 multipliers are all that's needed to fix it.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Use W3EE (Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition) mod. Removes all level scaling. How the game should have been on release.
But scale up your damage and bump up your health slighly so that it's not retard land. The default settings are pure masochist. Luckily those 2 multipliers are all that's needed to fix it.

Fair enough. But game is 'literally unplayable' without that mod, the MMO scaling on items and enemies is a disgrace.

Gerrard

Arcane
You know you can just not use the witcher gear, right? Pretty easy to do since you have to find the blueprints and make it yourself.
Also it's not true that looted items are always worse than crafted, because crafted items are always at a fixed level. It's possible to find the same item with a higher level.

Semiurge

Cipher
You know you can just not use the witcher gear, right? Pretty easy to do since you have to find the blueprints and make it yourself.
Also it's not true that looted items are always worse than crafted, because crafted items are always at a fixed level. It's possible to find the same item with a higher level.

sr2iaqmz7gni802hsska.jpg

Vs

5c2f88866df45a929393ce2c6757cf67.png

Don't bother to mention that the first image is lower resolution/graphics settings, almost all non-witcher armors look like shit.

Last edited:
i agree bro realisticool medieval armors look like dogshit lol biker gear is way RADer

eff61c7d17f4530a167fc789b709af3f.jpg

Vs

15697415585360.jpg

dude i'm telling you i never chose no sk8r life man sk8r life chose me brah

naw man i don't poison my mind with no books i just sk8 dude

Vatnik Wumao
all non-witcher armors look like shit.
Nah.
iu
iu

They're from nexusmods?
One's from Skellige, the other from Hearts of Stone.

What are their names? The second has something to do with the order of the flaming rose.
Undvik armor, bought from the armorer in Kaer Trolde citadel & Order of the Flaming Rose armor either looted from Fallen Knights or crafted from the diagram looted from the aforementioned enemies.

Semiurge

Cipher
Nah.
iu
iu

They're from nexusmods?

What are their names? The second has something to do with the order of the flaming rose.
Undvik armor, bought from the armorer in Kaer Trolde citadel & Order of the Flaming Rose armor either looted from Fallen Knights or crafted from the diagram looted from the aforementioned enemies.

Searching Undvik armor only results in a green/gold version, unless there's more of them then I guess its fabric has been dyed in-game or it's been modded.

Vatnik Wumao
Nah.
iu
iu

They're from nexusmods?

Searching Undvik armor only results in different color versions, unless there's more of them then I guess its fabric has been dyed in-game or it's been modded.
Dyes were added with the Blood and Wine DLC.

Semiurge

Cipher
Nah.
iu
iu

They're from nexusmods?

Searching Undvik armor only results in different color versions, unless there's more of them then I guess its fabric has been dyed in-game or it's been modded.
Dyes were added with the Blood and Wine DLC.

So it seems. I remember seeing them mentioned in loading screens but I thought they were already in the base game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom