Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I haven't paid much attention to Cyberpunk 2077 since it was announced. So it is GTA now?

These games that are hybrids of multiple genres and gameplay styles aren't that easy to describe. The percentages of GTA/Far Cry/Bethesda/Witcher 3/Deus Ex when the scales balance out, who knows. If you expect any of those things in particular you'll probably come out disappointed unless you hit the lotto. If you just wanna play a AAA open world first-person Cyberpunk game from the people who wrote Witcher 3, I doubt you'll be that let down. If you expect a CRPG or the pen and paper game, you're retarded and should stop checking the thread.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I haven't paid much attention to Cyberpunk 2077 since it was announced. So it is GTA now?

These games that are hybrids of multiple genres and gameplay styles aren't that easy to describe. The percentages of GTA/Far Cry/Bethesda/Witcher 3/Deus Ex when the scales balance out, who knows. If you expect any of those things in particular you'll probably come out disappointed unless you hit the lotto. If you just wanna play a AAA open world first-person Cyberpunk game from the people who wrote Witcher 3, I doubt you'll be that let down. If you expect a CRPG or the pen and paper game, you're retarded and should stop checking the thread.

Yeah, definitely expecting the former here.

Drakortha

Liturgist
So it just looks like Deus Ex Mankind Divided with an ENB filter. I can feel the retina's in my eyes burning out just looking at the picture. Why does this shit sell meanwhile Deus Ex dies with a whimper? I'll never understand these crap audiences.

cpmartins

Cipher
So it just looks like Deus Ex Mankind Divided with an ENB filter. I can feel the retina's in my eyes burning out just looking at the picture. Why does this shit sell meanwhile Deus Ex dies with a whimper? I'll never understand these crap audiences.
Deus Ex died cause Eidos wanted some of that sweet Marvel money. Blame the retards who buy that shit.

Wunderbar

Arcane
yS0l1Ia.png

Takamori

Learned
Deus Ex died cause Eidos wanted some of that sweet Marvel money. Blame the retards who buy that shit.
Came by to say that and to make even worse that garbage flopped pretty hard, so Deus Ex died for literally nothing.

purupuru

Learned
2077 is obviously riding on the phenomenal success of TW3. As for Mankind Divided, in retrospect it got a lot of bad press that it probably didn't deserve. I remember every journalist and youtube channel was bashing the game so hard for microtransactions while those hardly have any impact on the gameplay. Sure I agree that microtransaction is shady and should not be a thing, but there are many games that are worse offenders and worse games than Mankind Divided that just get away with it. The terrible PC optimization/load time at release and half-assed story also didn't help, while I now think it is a good game, it was also the game that stopped me from preordering games ever.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
I wonder if this was possible, can i make naked monk build playthrough?

With the goal of completing game and avoid any romance advance as much as possible.

Zer0wing

Cipher
while those hardly have any impact on the gameplay.
They didn't have any impact on gameplay. MD was balanced without microtransactions in mind.
As for Mankind Divided, in retrospect it got a lot of bad press that it probably didn't deserve
I think that Square Enix already planned to capitalize on capeshit and used the public outcry generated by room temperature IQ gaming journalism to shut DE down in favor of announcing Marvels Avengers.
it was also the game that stopped me from preordering games ever.
Same.

Perkel

Arcane
I hope at least writing and quests will be good because everything else seems to move toward GTA.

Deus Ex died because retards made Deus Ex 2 on consoles.
Eidos didn't make Deus Ex.

Andhaira

Arcane
The irony.

Although Cyberpunk 2077 will not be censored in Australia, it appears that the Japanese version of CD Projket Red’s upcoming blockbuster will be quite different to others.

The news comes from Press Start, who recently published a report on the Cyberpunk 2077 Japan version.

According to the report, the Japanese version will receive a significant amount of changes. Characters that would be naked in the ordinary version will now be wearing underwear and some of the content deemed to be sexually explicit has been revised. Severing body parts has also been revised, as has the amount of gore in combat. On top of this, all billboards and graffiti shaped as genitalia have been removed from the game.

At present, those are the only details known about the Japanese version of Cyberpunk 2077 – it appears they are primarily revisions for instances of sex and violence in the game, and in some cases complete removals of said instances.

In related news, Cyberpunk 2077 was recently delayed and will now launch on November 19, 2020 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia.

If you’re curious, here’s 25 minutes of unedited Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay. We also found out how Cyberpunk replaces multiple-choice backstories with life-path origins, and spent four hours playing a hands-on demo.

On top of that, we’ve spotted some pretty cool details that were showcased during the Night City Wire event last week. My favourite was probably the fact that Judy Alvarez, leader of the Mox gang, has a Radiohead tattoo – although I still think the most important Cyberpunk news to have come to light so far is that you can pet the cat in Cyberpunk 2077.

Meanwhile, fans of The Witcher 3 are so excited that they’re designing fan art visualizing what Witcher characters could hypothetically look like if they were made using the Cyberpunk 2077 character creator. Here’s a look at cyberpunky Geralt, and here’s a look at cyberpunky Ciri.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-japan-censored/

Gerrard

Arcane
Do you need a quick reminder about the dumb shit they tried to pull with that game and preorders?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
As for Mankind Divided, in retrospect it got a lot of bad press that it probably didn't deserve. I remember every journalist and youtube channel was bashing the game so hard for microtransactions while those hardly have any impact on the gameplay. Sure I agree that microtransaction is shady and should not be a thing, but there are many games that are worse offenders and worse games than Mankind Divided that just get away with it.

People still rant about its microtransactions and one use DLC items. I get the hatred for that shit, especially in singleplayer games. I really do. However in Mankind Divided's case it really is completely irrelevant. The game is balanced well and completely ignoring them has zero negative impact. It's not like Ubisoft's games, where they arguably up the grinding requirement to try and sell their stupid "skip the grind" DLCs.

Newsflash x2, Human Revolution is great even on consoles.

I don't know about great in italics, but it's a very good game. Not as good as the original, but pretty good. Don't expect to get many try-hards here to admit that though. I'll also say, if you genuinely thought Human Revolution was a piece of shit, good luck enjoying Cyberpunk. Chances of it having deeper RPG systems or better gameplay mechanics are pretty low, if you ask me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom