Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Amigaish

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I discovered a folder last night in my massive assets library labeled Amigaish. It is royalty free game artwork I have been collecting for maybe 8 years or so. I got another piece last night to add to it.

At some point I intend to make a lot of platformers or adventure style games using this artwork, it's just accumulating until I can make enough money to support my vanity projects ...

!!!!!!!amigaish.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Cleveland! CYCLOPEAN CHASMS, WHEN?! Mediocrity is killing me.

After a mountain of work I got baked lightmaps working again (essential to good atmosphere in horror game) despite Unity teams best efforts to derail their devs.

Looking good. My tentacle is whipping around from a floor grate again and now it has kinetics so it reacts to environment. I really need it to grab things and smash them but this isn't working yet. The game is not actually all that complex but there are a few effects really important to me and they don't quite work yet. Slithery tentacles that come out of orifices and react dynamically is very important to the game.

I have semi dynamic jiggling slime working and it looks pretty good. Current thousand eye generator let me down, it looks way too fake and cartoony at present but the instancing works so you can have a lot of them.

Other little touches semi working but still experimental. I really wanted dynamic pustular glowing slime decals everywhere but this is not even close to working.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom