Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DX: MD didn't fail commercially because of some flashpoint controversy like microtransactions. None of that stuff was really a big deal. It just failed to attract much attention for some reason, much like the other immersive sims of the time, Dishonored 2 and Prey. As far as reviews go, as I recall the main complaint was that the game felt unfinished.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I don't know about great in italics, but it's a very good game.
Over nine years of observance led me to conclusion that Human Revolution did a brilliant job in being a competent game in a format developers chose to stuff their masterpiece into (PS3/360). It's not very big worldspace wise but the rooms are interwined in an fashion that makes the world look big. It's rpg system is non-existend, yes, but the game is short enough to not be boring grindfest and has enough of augs to unlock for different "builds" unlike open-world pseudorpgs like "Fallout 4" or Ass Creed Origins/Oddysey. Having so many augs in 2027 can be shrugged off as following the fasion and demise of them in 2052 is even easier to explain as expensive maintaiment. I don't such a huge problem with that storywise. As for Adam Jensen having such Youth Oriented/bydło approved flashy augmentations, well... Consoletards like flashy stuff. *shrugs* UNLIKE INVISIBLE WAR WHICH IS A COMPLETE SHIT WITH ONLY ONE COMPETENTLY REALIZED REGION! (that were egypt maps)
MD expanded alot on what HR was lacking gameplaywise but edgetards fail to see those improvements under the weight of room temperature iq gaming journalism induced controversies and SQ's decision to shoot themselves in the foot.
s I recall the main complaint was that the game felt unfinished.
That was a flashpoint controversy #2.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Actual footage of me browsing this thread filled with HATERS

Every time the release date approaches for a game you're excited for, you start fanboying like a retarded faggot, hence the tag.
Everybody is a hater, all of a sudden all is swell and there is no past and you morph into an abject apologist that squeals with glee in the face of the hype machine.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Mankind Divided failed because SE tried everything I could to turn a weird niche immersive sim into AAA blockbuster with a lot of insane ideas:
Augment your preorder, dumb expensive edgy marketing campaign developed an expensive new engine when the UE4 could have done the job like in DR:HR, "multiplayer" minigame, MTX, story without ending to set up a trilogy... They managed to anger some old fans while the gameplay wasn't really interesting enough to attract the huge amount of mainstream gamers to turn this AAA game into a success.

Then you have CDP who desperately tries to sell their Eurojank Cyberpunk open-world ARPG as an AAA sci-fi GTA; at least for them, it seems to be working better afaik. Also, they aren't dumb enough to ruin their reputation with pre-order season passes or pre-order bonuses or microtransactions.

Last edited:

Origin

Augur
I put myself under self-imposed embargo on watching Cyberpunk trailers but I gave up and watched a few of latest ones.

So it seems they're trying to squeeze full fledged RPG, a competent shooter and a whole GTA 5 into one package, not just visually but also mechanically. I mean, there's even full damage modeling for cars.

That's awful lot of content. It would be outstanding to pull of something like this, but I'm having problems curbing my pessimism about such ambitions.

What I didn't like at all is that scenarios of these trailers didn't seem charming at all. It all just looks a bit generic to me.

Yosharian

Arcane
I put myself under self-imposed embargo on watching Cyberpunk trailers but I gave up and watched a few of latest ones.

So it seems they're trying to squeeze full fledged RPG, a competent shooter and a whole GTA 5 into one package, not just visually but also mechanically. I mean, there's even full damage modeling for cars.

That's awful lot of content. It would be outstanding to pull of something like this, but I'm having problems curbing my pessimism about such ambitions.

What I didn't like at all is that scenarios of these trailers didn't seem charming at all. It all just looks a bit generic to me.
Yes I also felt like the trailers aren't really doing a good job of selling the actual game, I can't quite out my finger on why I think that though

Paul_cz

Arcane
Yes I also felt like the trailers aren't really doing a good job of selling the actual game, I can't quite out my finger on why I think that though
The trailers are mostly avoiding the real meat of the game - quests, characters, stories.

But there is no reason to think those will not be the best part of the game.

Augment your preorder, dumb expensive edgy marketing campaign developed an expensive new engine when the UE4 could have done the job like in DR:HR

DXHR ran on their internal Tomb Raider engine and MD ran on modified Glacier engine.

kangaxx

Arbiter
But there is no reason to think those will not be the best part of the game.

I think you're right, and it'll probably be heavily story focused with a lot of 1st person cutscenes. My own preference would be for more "immersive sim" (hate that term) exploration and looting with as much 'RPG' as they can cram in, but I don't think we'll get that.

Andhaira

Arcane
So apparently the Corpo background doesn't mean you work for or in the Corporation...you just have a short opening story there, then you get betrayed and lose everything and start right back on the streets like any other background charachter.

Which begs the question of why not have more origins instead of just 3? Even Dragon Age Origins had more. Or ofcourse, deepen the origins and actually have you stay in the organization as a Corpo.

I guess maybe because Keaneu Reeves would look out of place there?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Not necessary, depends on a writer's professional capabilites. Naming backgrounds after 'roles' from PnP would make up for the loss of such mechanic somewhat, in a heavy on narrative... game. Keanu Reeves comes into play way after the prologue.

kangaxx

Arbiter
So apparently the Corpo background doesn't mean you work for or in the Corporation...you just have a short opening story there, then you get betrayed and lose everything and start right back on the streets like any other background charachter.

Which begs the question of why not have more origins instead of just 3?

They couldn't be bothered to make more than three QTE-driven intros.

ChildInTime

Learned

Which begs the question of why not have more origins instead of just 3? Even Dragon Age Origins had more. Or ofcourse, deepen the origins and actually have you stay in the organization as a Corpo.

Perhaps each character background actually has some solid flavor content throughout the game, and not just some mentions like in DA: Origins. Corpo V sounds and speaks differently than Nomad V for example, and that's only one little detail.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
There is only one Deus Ex game

This.
NuDeus Ex is just Aug Lives Matter. It's a shame because the whole conspiracy-theme of the original (apart from its gameplay, of course) is what made it so memorable.

It's the average man's idea of what cyberpunk looks like, without the genius to make non-stereotypical yet very much cyberpunk scenarios.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The irony.

Although Cyberpunk 2077 will not be censored in Australia, it appears that the Japanese version of CD Projket Red’s upcoming blockbuster will be quite different to others.

The news comes from Press Start, who recently published a report on the Cyberpunk 2077 Japan version.

According to the report, the Japanese version will receive a significant amount of changes. Characters that would be naked in the ordinary version will now be wearing underwear and some of the content deemed to be sexually explicit has been revised. Severing body parts has also been revised, as has the amount of gore in combat. On top of this, all billboards and graffiti shaped as genitalia have been removed from the game.

At present, those are the only details known about the Japanese version of Cyberpunk 2077 – it appears they are primarily revisions for instances of sex and violence in the game, and in some cases complete removals of said instances.

In related news, Cyberpunk 2077 was recently delayed and will now launch on November 19, 2020 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia.

If you’re curious, here’s 25 minutes of unedited Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay. We also found out how Cyberpunk replaces multiple-choice backstories with life-path origins, and spent four hours playing a hands-on demo.

On top of that, we’ve spotted some pretty cool details that were showcased during the Night City Wire event last week. My favourite was probably the fact that Judy Alvarez, leader of the Mox gang, has a Radiohead tattoo – although I still think the most important Cyberpunk news to have come to light so far is that you can pet the cat in Cyberpunk 2077.

Meanwhile, fans of The Witcher 3 are so excited that they’re designing fan art visualizing what Witcher characters could hypothetically look like if they were made using the Cyberpunk 2077 character creator. Here’s a look at cyberpunky Geralt, and here’s a look at cyberpunky Ciri.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-japan-censored/
Morons from Japan are delaying game and forcing programmers to work in crunch.

Embargo Japan.

Andhaira

Arcane
One of the reasons for the relatively low minimum requirements for this puppy is consoles; not only is it released simultaneously on consoles, its releasing on last gen consoles.

I guess this way they will make money reselling the remaster on new consoles and steam; that's after selling a legendary edition with all DLC prepacked. And then a version with all rules revamped like they did with TWitcher III

Naraya

Arcane
One of the reasons for the relatively low minimum requirements for this puppy is consoles; not only is it released simultaneously on consoles, its releasing on last gen consoles.

I guess this way they will make money reselling the remaster on new consoles and steam; that's after selling a legendary edition with all DLC prepacked. And then a version with all rules revamped like they did with TWitcher III
Hmm I didn't know it was Bethesda who created this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom