Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BarbequeMasta

Learned
So what happens to a player animal companion if they pick Azata and get the companion dragon or w.e?
Also does the dragon scale up with regular levels from any class?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Question. Is there's finally a dedicated summoner class? Like a Necromancer as base class? I kinda hate how closest thing to necromancer is herald caller a priest subclass..

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I think Lich gets there.

I make Ember a Summoner (there are a couple Mythic abilties/feats which go well) so she can Hex in combat.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Question. Is there's finally a dedicated summoner class? Like a Necromancer as base class? I kinda hate how closest thing to necromancer is herald caller a priest subclass..

But necromancers should be priests. The name literally means "those talking to the dead." They're not supposed to be scholars, but mystics.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No, -mancy means divination. Necromancy would mean divination with something dead (like entrails). It's still more priestly than wizardly though.

Desiderius

Patron

But necromancers should be priests. The name literally means "those talking to the dead." They're not supposed to be scholars, but mystics.

The dead, not the undead.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Greater Enduring turns five minutes and above into 24 hours. Five minutes is fifty rounds. This is for min/lvl spells. Making those into 24-hr means surviving a rest and/or some limited travel.

Enduring is one hour and above, that’s for 10 min/lvl like Barkskin.

Again though by the time you’re to that point in the game you’ve got some dispellers to deal with.

Ah 5 minutes and above huh, so not that OP I guess. Even at Level 20 and Extend Meta Magic round-based only last for 4 minutes.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
you mean he has to pay you in order to join your party?

He is a normal Slayer.

You need 10k gold to start his recruitment process.

On that quest if you impress him enough (passing several skill checks) he will require 50k gold to be recruited.

If you fail to impress him, he will require 100k gold to be recruited (based on people on Discord, didn't experience this myself).

If you don't recruit him, he will be hired to assassinate you. Once again based on Discord. The plot thread is still there if you recruit him but he will tell you about it instead of going for your head if you recruit him

If you sell the useless thing you get from Chapter 2, especially Siege of Drezden you will start Chapter 3 easily with 100k gold more or less. I bought Reggil a shiny new hammer for around 25k gold and I start Chapter 3 with 60 - 70k. Didn't really buy any other expensive thing on Chapter 2 though beside a cheap magic armor for Sosiel.

But economy is something that dev in Discord said they will rebalance so all the above might change.

Desiderius

Patron

He is a normal Slayer.

On that quest if you impress him enough (passing several skill checks) he will require 50k gold to be recruited.

If you fail to impress him, he will require 100k gold to be recruited (based on people on Discord, didn't experience this myself).

If you don't recruit him, he will be hired to assassinate you. Once again based on Discord. The plot thread is still there if you recruit him but he will tell you about it instead of going for your head if you recruit him

If you sell the useless thing you get from Chapter 2, especially Siege of Drezden you will start Chapter 3 easily with 100k gold more or less. I bought Reggil a shiny new hammer for around 25k gold and I start Chapter 3 with 60 - 70k. Didn't really buy any other expensive thing on Chapter 2 though beside a cheap magic armor for Sosiel.

But economy is something that dev in Discord said they will rebalance so all the above might change.

There are more unique items you want to buy than money to buy it with. You might have to pay Gheybore but an adventurer of my stature has standards. If he wants to come along that’s 250K minimum.

He has yet to scrape together enough cash.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

If you fail to impress him, he will require 100k gold to be recruited
Is it possible to kill him at this moment?

No, he just chills around in the tavern if you don't trigger his quest or do not recruit him.

Mind you at this point in the story you don't really have any reason to killl him. All of your previous interactions with him are essentially him fighting agaits demon as well albeit as mercenaries.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

He is a normal Slayer.

There are more unique items you want to buy than money to buy it with. You might have to pay Gheybore but an adventurer of my stature has standards. If he wants to come along that’s 250K minimum.

He has yet to scrape together enough cash.

Eh I'll take him over some uniques. With how expensive everything is 60k gold is like 2 items in the Alpha. Heck it might even only be 1 item as the stronger one cost upwards 50k gold iirc.

And I find him well written (and funny) enough that he is easily my favorite after the absolutely TN half-elf girl so there is that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom