Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
And where's A Murder in Baldur's Gate?
Are you completely braindead? It's like the fourth book from the top in the D&D 5E section.

Are you unable to admit that you are wrong for some reason?

I'm asking about your beloved Wikipedia article, which you're using as proof.
Forgive my asking, but... do you know how to read?

w3a06jj.png

Too bad it wasn't on that adventure modules list you produced. Instead you plagiarise Lacrymas. Get a tampon.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
And where's A Murder in Baldur's Gate?
Are you completely braindead? It's like the fourth book from the top in the D&D 5E section.

Are you unable to admit that you are wrong for some reason?

I'm asking about your beloved Wikipedia article, which you're using as proof.
Forgive my asking, but... do you know how to read?

w3a06jj.png

Too bad it wasn't on that adventure modules list you produced. Instead you plagiarise Lacrymas. Get a tampon.
I plagiarized what? It's literally in the link I gave you.

It's not in the modules list because it got released even before the release date of D&D 5E.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
By the way - the Forgotten Realms Wiki is still full of errors when it comes to basic articles. The fuckers claim that only two Bhaalspawn survived the Crisis. Which is a load of shit since, at minimum, Imoen was also amongst the survivors.

The plight of every single wiki out there. Oh, the horrid tales I could tell you of Wookieepedia...

Isn't the case that Wookieepedia is being actively sabotaged for shits and giggles ever since the Disney buy-out and cancelling the EU?

That too. But it had... issues... way, way before the Di$ney acquisition.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is Siege of Dragonspear canon then?
If Neera is...
Neera is featured in BG1 and 2, so I don't think her presence means SoD is canon.
But Neera being canon means that Beamdog can make additions.

And if she is canon, everything she does in BG1 must be canon, including her arc in the expansion. SoD is not another installment in the series, it's just an expansion for BG1. :smug:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess we just have to wait for WotC to answer Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili's e-mail.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Holy shit, 3 fucking pages since I went for smoke....... Are you gays on drugs?

Also, WHY is there not nude mode yet? Males have nipples. Someone needs to strip the clothing textures from the grill models!
rusty_shackleford do the jerb

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Ehh... people, I've already said it a page before. WotC DOES NOT have an established canon surrounding the events of the Bhaalspawn Crisis. That's why it's such a fucking mess. If you don't consider "Heroes of Baldur's Gate" to be canon, then the only 100% confirmed canon companions from the games are:
- Neera,
- Coran,
- Minsc (and Dynaheir, by extension)
- Viconia (if you consider the Neverwinter MMO to be canon),

If WotC replies that Heroes of Baldur's Gate is, indeed, canon, then that would mean:
1. That the earlier, much longer list, still applies.
2. WotC took an extra big dump on Beamdog, making their only proprietary game fan-fiction.

I hope they say "yes".

That's it. In case of Heroes of Baldur's Gate, you either consider it or Siege of Dragonspear canon, since they take place within the same time slot.

And Lacrymas was correct. It appears that Larian Studios will be the ones to solidify what's canon and what's not, hence WotC's non-answer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom