Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

The Real Fanboy

Josh is going to stream New Vegas this week! I hope he had a totally amazing birthday
g0gRYio.png

Sannom

Augur
After all I've ranted, how can anyone want this burnt out husk of a twig to develop a vidya game?
Your "try-too-hard" style is so recognizable that the eyes just glaze over after the first few words. We get it, you don't like the man, moving on.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
What are the chances that Sawyer's game is actually Icewind Dale 3?

Not likely, because against IWD style, it involves dialogue.

Even less likely, because against IWD style, it involves dialogue written by Sawyer.

Even less less likely, because going with IWD style, IWD3 would naturally imply violence and IWD-style racy portraits that get you erect by Jason Manley and we can't have that.

So what is left? Why, Windy Dale, where pink hairs frolic in the breeze, denounce capitalism, and even Eothas shows up for tea! Why hunt a god when you can follow him around and chat?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I wonder how much Sawyer shit talked MCA behind the scenes. I figure he badmouthed him in regards to design decisions and writing styles, but also other ways. I mean, I think it was said somewhere that they never liked each other at all, but rather tolerated each other or something.

I mean, it would make sense for Sawyer to passive aggressively cut MCA's work from NV like a cunt, making people waste time on shit he claimed needed to get done but actually was fine.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
I wonder how much Sawyer shit talked MCA behind the scenes. I figure he badmouthed him in regards to design decisions and writing styles, but also other ways. I mean, I think it was said somewhere that they never liked each other at all, but rather tolerated each other or something.

I mean, it would make sense for Sawyer to passive aggressively cut MCA's work from NV like a cunt, making people waste time on shit he claimed needed to get done but actually was fine.

You can read between the lines with both but I do not think there was anything overt and they did work together for years without killing each other

There was one video about Pillars at Penny Arcade East (?) where Avellone rolled his eyes after Sawyer rolled over him with an answer but that was not hostile it seemed "another day, more Josh talking" and Josh does talk a lot

It is possible both of them talked shit to Feargus but Josh seemed to have more in common in Feargus so I doubt Avellone was listened to and Avellone did not make hate of Feargus a secret either - if Josh and Feargus teamed up, that would suck and might make Avellone hate Josh too

Design director also has no power at Obsidian - as Outer Worlds proves. So Josh when he was not Design Director likely had more say over what every person on project was working on including Avellone if they disagreed - now Sawyer gets a taste of the same, might cause some understanding but doubt it

Codex Year of the Donut
I bet avellone could beat josh in a fight
josh has the height, but he also has the physique of an 80 year old grandma
avellone has manlet rage and alcoholic strength buff

Wunderbar

Arcane
I bet avellone could beat josh in a fight
josh has the height, but he also has the physique of an 80 year old grandma
avellone has manlet rage and alcoholic strength buff
josh is a bicyclist which means he has good legs and higher dodge chance
while avellone's alcoholism reduces his accuracy

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Can't wait Avellone v Sawyer with No Hold Barred No DQ Extreme Rules a Main Event worthy of Wrestlemania.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
MCA has a rage that he's nurtured into the most dangerous type there is: cold tranquil fury.

Combined with his alcoholism means he won't feel shit even if he's hit by a truck carrying bikes, and he'll never back off until Sawyers head is paste.

Josh is fucked.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Josh's reputation is perfect among normies, he can get some hirelings to do the dirty job. Meanwhile Avellone's reputation is in the gutter, best he can do is to use a "throw under the bus" skill which was proven to be ineffective.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
Josh is still at Obsidian so yes, poor judgment

He does not seem happy - when he blamed the management for Deadfire you could tell he was not saying all he wanted to say

Yoomazir

Educated
Josh is still at Obsidian so yes, poor judgment

He does not seem happy - when he blamed the management for Deadfire you could tell he was not saying all he wanted to say
Got any link about the "blamed the management" part?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom