Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
6GKoRss.png
These always crack me up. Lesbian seduces straight, lesbians scissoring, step mom/sister, cartoon.

RE: BG1 party - it depends on what I'm playing. If I'm playing a Cleric, I go with Shar-Teel, Edwin, Kagain/Eldoth, Monty, Faldorn. If I'm not, I replace Faldorn with Viconia.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Did any of you bother to read the EULA?
Yeah. I cringed the whole time imagining swen and his cultists gathering around to write it and laughing and applauding themselves as if they were writing a second bible.
Mask of the Betrayer was good.
Mask of the Betrayer was great. Which is why if anything larian has ever done was able to make it even a little bit better, they would peak as a company.

Yeah. I cringed the whole time imagining swen and his cultists gathering around to write it and laughing and applauding themselves as if they were writing a second bible.
Mask of the Betrayer was great. Which is why if anything larian has ever done was able to make it even a little bit better, they would peak as a company.

Ah back when Obsidian was still good.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

I wonder if Beamdog will try to make Neverwinter Nights 2: Enhanced Edition.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If you look at this page: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/269398/Heroes-of-Baldurs-Gate-5 on the right sidebar you'll notice that Heroes of Baldur's gate is tagged as "community content". Any official releases don't have that tag and will also be listed as "From Wizards of the Coast".

That means Heroes of Baldur's Gate is no more (or less) official than the following fine piece of content that I hereby release under the terms of the Open Gaming License version 1.0a
START OPEN GAME CONTENT:
Minsc is a faggot.
END OPEN GAME CONTENT
But wait, "Minsc" isn't under OGL. You can't say that. :smug:

Heroes of Baldur's Gate's publisher necessarily had some kind of licensing deal to print that book.
Oh noes, I'm a pirate! I should have published my content on DM's Guild instead, which grants permission to use Forgotten Realms content. That's the agreement Heroes of Baldur's gate is using, and it's open to anyone.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

I wonder if Beamdog will try to make Neverwinter Nights 2: Enhanced Edition.

Thankfully nwn2 is way too much effort for Beamdog to work on so we will be spared an EE.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
NWN2 is pretty janky, yeah. Beamdog aren't lazy, though, just a bit dumb. They are going to go out of their way to rewrite the entire code in order to squeeze out marginal benefits like they did with PS:T. Here's the thing with NWN2 - loading times, clunky UI, and weird lag-like behavior. Clunky UI is easily fixable imo, but the other two would require code archeology and engine tweaking no doubt. I don't think it's worth it for the game itself maybe. I don't remember the last time I played it and I don't intend to play it in the foreseeable future. Yeah, MotB is great, but it has this clunky gameplay around it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
NWN2 is pretty janky, yeah. Beamdog aren't lazy, though, just a bit dumb. They are going to go out of their way to rewrite the entire code in order to squeeze out marginal benefits like they did with PS:T. Here's the thing with NWN2 - loading times, clunky UI, and weird lag-like behavior. Clunky UI is easily fixable imo, but the other two would require code archeology and engine tweaking no doubt. I don't think it's worth it for the game itself maybe. I don't remember the last time I played it and I don't intend to play it in the foreseeable future. Yeah, MotB is great, but it has this clunky gameplay around it.

The amount of actual fixes very much is a testament to their laziness. And NWN EE still hasn't got a proper 1080p UI.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The funny part is that two of BG2's problems (no evil thief, available evil companions only fill 60% of the party slots) would be solved if they just brought back Xzar and Montaron. But apparently it was more important to implement bland as fuck companions like Valygar and Cernd.
In theory, if you take Edwin, Korgan, Viconia - and then allow Imoen to come back at your side in Spellhold, the remaining slot would be left for Sarevok in ToB - and thus, completing the party.

The evil thief conundrum was probably deliberate to make you care for Imoen despite rolling a selfish prick.

Ironically, you can get there with just them 3 because they're pretty much OP, and that includes diving your reputation into the ground by murdering all the NPCs everywhere, after peaking at 18 to get the best prices at the vendors you can't steal from AND face-tanking every trap.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The funny part is that two of BG2's problems (no evil thief, available evil companions only fill 60% of the party slots) would be solved if they just brought back Xzar and Montaron. But apparently it was more important to implement bland as fuck companions like Valygar and Cernd.
In theory, if you take Edwin, Korgan, Viconia - and then allow Imoen to come back at your side in Spellhold, the remaining slot would be left for Sarevok in ToB - and thus, completing the party.

The evil thief conundrum was probably deliberate to make you care for Imoen despite rolling a selfish prick.

Ironically, you can get there with just them 3 because they're pretty much OP, and that includes diving your reputation into the ground by murdering all the NPCs everywhere, after peaking at 18 to get the best prices at the vendors you can't steal from AND face-tanking every trap.
Again, one of the good things Beamdog did was make the multiplayer character generation available in singleplayer. No worrying about where to find an evil thief or any of that.

(Not that you actually need companions, BG series is soloable with a fighter.)

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I don’t dispute that. But he said “NWN2 and it’s expansions”, not MotB specifically.
Maybe next time I'll specify the exact pieces of grass I walked over that I enjoyed and didn't enjoy. I'll describe to you every encounter that I enjoyed, every wall, and every character. I might as well write a in-depth review because the guy who somehow likes larian is the authority on what parts of nwn2 are good and which aren't.

Maybe next time I'll specify the exact pieces of grass I walked over that I enjoyed and didn't enjoy.
Or just not say “NWN2 and it’s expansions” and say “NWN2’s expansions”. :roll:
I'll describe to you every encounter that I enjoyed, every wall, and every character. I might as well write a in-depth review because the guy who somehow likes larian is the authority on what parts of nwn2 are good and which aren't.
lol, so you did like it.

There was nothing worthwhile in that game (OC).

Nothing.

Courtroom scene
Lol, yeah that’s the thing people talked about back then to try and soothe the butthurt after seeing Obsidian create the dumpster fire that was the OC.

Except the scene is a fake. It still railroaded you to the exact same plot as the rest of the game.

Ontopoly liking NWN2 and hating BG3 is meme levels of irony.

So yeah, if you liked NWN2’s official campaign, you might hate BG3. As far as I’m concerned, that’s a selling point.

Imagine hating BG3 and loving this abomination:
SNftMxl.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom