Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Semiurge

Cipher
The irony.

Although Cyberpunk 2077 will not be censored in Australia, it appears that the Japanese version of CD Projket Red’s upcoming blockbuster will be quite different to others.

The news comes from Press Start, who recently published a report on the Cyberpunk 2077 Japan version.

According to the report, the Japanese version will receive a significant amount of changes. Characters that would be naked in the ordinary version will now be wearing underwear and some of the content deemed to be sexually explicit has been revised. Severing body parts has also been revised, as has the amount of gore in combat. On top of this, all billboards and graffiti shaped as genitalia have been removed from the game.

At present, those are the only details known about the Japanese version of Cyberpunk 2077 – it appears they are primarily revisions for instances of sex and violence in the game, and in some cases complete removals of said instances.

In related news, Cyberpunk 2077 was recently delayed and will now launch on November 19, 2020 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia.

If you’re curious, here’s 25 minutes of unedited Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay. We also found out how Cyberpunk replaces multiple-choice backstories with life-path origins, and spent four hours playing a hands-on demo.

On top of that, we’ve spotted some pretty cool details that were showcased during the Night City Wire event last week. My favourite was probably the fact that Judy Alvarez, leader of the Mox gang, has a Radiohead tattoo – although I still think the most important Cyberpunk news to have come to light so far is that you can pet the cat in Cyberpunk 2077.

Meanwhile, fans of The Witcher 3 are so excited that they’re designing fan art visualizing what Witcher characters could hypothetically look like if they were made using the Cyberpunk 2077 character creator. Here’s a look at cyberpunky Geralt, and here’s a look at cyberpunky Ciri.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/29/cyberpunk-2077-japan-censored/

No wonder tojos refuse to breed, being so afraid of nudity.

typical user

Arbiter
I hope in next Night City Wire they will show settings menus and showcase different graphics options. I expect next episode will release 7 days before release so it would be perfect moment to talk about technicalities for PC version.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
upload_2020-10-20_15-48-23.png

Grandpa communistoid-monarchist Junta was banned?

lol.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Those facial animations looks next-gen as fuck, smooth and solid, and the eye/eyebrow stuff really makes it come to life. I'm always facinated by animation and animatronics and how far we've come

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Makes me wonder if we'll see Bloodlines' life like dialogs finally get topped.
Facial animations do look better (which shouldn't come as a surprise considering the 16 years difference in technology and much bigger budget), but in case of Bloodlines facial animations were working as a support to the good writing and good voice acting; how good the writing is in CP77 is still a question. If it's shit, no cutting edge animations will save them.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Makes me wonder if we'll see Bloodlines' life like dialogs finally get topped.

If you think Bloodlines has more "life like" facial animations than Witcher 3 did then you might have Asperger's.

Yeah, I watched some cutscenes recently from Bloodlines, and although it still has better facial animations than most games today, I also realized that it is worse than I remembered it.

Starwars

Arcane
Bloodlines facial animations definitely don't look real or anything like that. The great thing about them is that they really brought the characters to life, it felt like they acted. Overacted in some cases, but that fit the characters and tone of the game. I think they're still wonderful to look at, and they are pretty damn impressive for the time the game was released, especially given the troubled development.

The characters, with their animations, writing, voiceacting and overall design, are a pretty big part of what makes Bloodlines memorable.

Avarize

Magister
Bloodlines facial animations definitely don't look real or anything like that. The great thing about them is that they really brought the characters to life, it felt like they acted. Overacted in some cases, but that fit the characters and tone of the game. I think they're still wonderful to look at, and they are pretty damn impressive for the time the game was released, especially given the troubled development.

The characters, with their animations, writing, voiceacting and overall design, are a pretty big part of what makes Bloodlines memorable.
The graphical quality of the major characters was insane for the time.

I really hope this game doesn't suck, and delivers on the hype. I have yet to see many games that were in a very long development cycle with developers making lots of promises to ever actually live up to people's expectations.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I really hope this game doesn't suck, and delivers on the hype. I have yet to see many games that were in a very long development cycle with developers making lots of promises to ever actually live up to people's expectations.
Where have you been the past three years?

kangaxx

Arbiter

There's no way they'll deliver on the frenzy people (Reddit in particular) have wanked themselves into over this game.

It'll probably be decent enough, but it won't break boundaries like people think it will. Still, people online will tell themselves and each other for a good few months that it's "revolutionary", "game changing", "a new bar" etc.

Then after 6 months or so the dissidents will start appearing on YT.

Avarize

Magister

There's no way they'll deliver on the frenzy people (Reddit in particular) have wanked themselves into over this game.

It'll probably be decent enough, but it won't break boundaries like people think it will. Still, people online will tell themselves and each other for a good few months that it's "revolutionary", "game changing", "a new bar" etc.

Then after 6 months or so the dissidents will start appearing on YT.
Every game is celebrated as a masterpiece initially these days. The actual reception of it measured by how long it takes before dissidents start speaking up on youtube to let drones know critique has become acceptable now.

That's how you know Outer Worlds was bad, it only took a couple weeks before people started saying bad things about it.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
One more character from a brazillian youtuber/site/podcast gonna be add to the game. It's called a Ozob , a character made by them during their Cyberpunk RPG podcast. A replicant clown with grenade as his nose.
Ek3AbZJXIAIKQcz

Just wanted to share.. Because why not.

Every game is celebrated as a masterpiece initially these days. The actual reception of it measured by how long it takes before dissidents start speaking up on youtube to let drones know critique has become acceptable now.

That's how you know Outer Worlds was bad, it only took a couple weeks before people started saying bad things about it.
Its so dumb how people love to hype a fucking video game before its out, and will fight you if you dare criticize any aspect of it, essentially becoming corporate shills lol.

Terenty

Liturgist
And what promises did they make? Seriously, if anything they've been cutting features left and right, what's there even left new and revolutionary?

I guess the amount of art assests they've been able to put in the world and how fleshed out the city will be is kinda exciting, but then again Rdr 2 has already created such AAAAA world that i doubt they will be able to beat.

Never seen before C&C? Did they promise that? They are going out of their way not to show anything exciting gameplay wise for some reason.

cp2077fan

Novice

Its so dumb how people love to hype a fucking video game before its out, and will fight you if you dare criticize any aspect of it, essentially becoming corporate shills lol.
Its so dumb how people love to hate a fucking video game before its out, and will fight you if you dare to like any aspect of it, essentially becoming corporate shills lol

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Its so dumb how people love to hate a fucking video game before its out, and will fight you if you dare to like any aspect of it, essentially becoming corporate shills lol
Username checks out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom