Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
easily my favorite after the absolutely TN half-elf girl
Pfff
Imagine not
smiting Camellia to smithereens
when you find her
with a pantsless corpse she just fucked and killed, perhaps not even in that order
:whiteknight:

Well she is still hillariously evil tho. The thing is the way she is written is borderline comedy and I think it is intentional on the writer part which makes her great. And if you remove all the hillariousness aside, you still have a decently interesting character concept. Defintely the better one on both concep and excecuion, companion wise in WoR

razvedchiki

Erudite
He is a normal Slayer.

You need 10k gold to start his recruitment process.

On that quest if you impress him enough (passing several skill checks) he will require 50k gold to be recruited.

If you fail to impress him, he will require 100k gold to be recruited (based on people on Discord, didn't experience this myself).

If you don't recruit him, he will be hired to assassinate you. Once again based on Discord. The plot thread is still there if you recruit him but he will tell you about it instead of going for your head if you recruit him

If you sell the useless thing you get from Chapter 2, especially Siege of Drezden you will start Chapter 3 easily with 100k gold more or less. I bought Reggil a shiny new hammer for around 25k gold and I start Chapter 3 with 60 - 70k. Didn't really buy any other expensive thing on Chapter 2 though beside a cheap magic armor for Sosiel.

But economy is something that dev in Discord said they will rebalance so all the above might change.

noice, money sinks are what most crpgs lack. you buy kingdom resources like you did in kingmaker?
is he any good for the money he asks?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Pfff
Imagine not
when you find her
with a pantsless corpse she just fucked and killed, perhaps not even in that order

Well she is still hillariously evil tho. The thing is the way she is written is borderline comedy and I think it is intentional on the writer part which makes her great. And if you remove all the hillariousness aside, you still have a decently interesting character concept. Defintely the better one on both concep and excecuion, companion wise in WoR
She is funny, yeah. I just have a hard time justifying how you could keep her in your party unless you're
Lich, Demon, Swarm, or Devil - ie. pretty fucking evil yourself
since her cover story isn't exactly justified even if you do believe it.
And it is pretty clear that it's bullshit when you see just how bloodthirsty she is.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
noice, money sinks are what most crpgs lack. you buy kingdom resources like you did in kingmaker?
is he any good for the money he asks?
He is mechanically good but has some pointless feats (absolutely retarded in fact).
You can buy resources yes, I only bought a couple times early on when Crusade income is pretty low, but unlike buying BP, each time you buy a crusade resource, its price goes up. So it will be like 5000GP for the first 1000 Finances, 6000GP for another 1000 Finances, etc.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pfff
Imagine not
when you find her

She is funny, yeah. I just have a hard time justifying how you could keep her in your party unless you're
Lich, Demon, Swarm, or Devil - ie. pretty fucking evil yourself
since her cover story isn't exactly justified even if you do believe it.
And it is pretty clear that it's bullshit when you see just how bloodthirsty she is.

Well you can keep her without condoning her killing/ask her to stop doing it again. Not sure how that will interact with her future quest (like say Jaethal undead vs redemption path in KM). Neutral characters would have no problem with her. Trickster would probably find her equally hillarious. If anything only Angel and Aeon would probably definitely kill her on the spot. Not sure about Azata.

She doesn't even hide her being a sadistic nymph lol. She take it as a "love what you do and you don't have to work a day in your life" kind of way which amplfies her being compeltely loveable batshit insane girl. :lol:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Well you can keep her without condoning her killing/ask her to stop doing it again. Not sure how that will interact with her future quest (like say Jaethal undead vs redemption path in KM). Neutral characters would have no problem with her. Trickster would probably find her equally hillarious. If anything only Angel and Aeon would probably definitely kill her on the spot. Not sure about Azata.

She doesn't even hide her being a sadistic nymph lol. She take it as a "love what you do and you don't have to work a day in your life" kind of way which amplfies her being compeltely loveable batshit insane girl. :lol:
Oh yeah her personality completely changes after she gets caught, like I said it is entertaining.
Azata is very much "Good" CG, I can't imagine they'd be OK with it.
Trickster could be though I suppose, you're right.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
you mean he has to pay you in order to join your party?

He is a normal Slayer.

You need 10k gold to start his recruitment process.

On that quest if you impress him enough (passing several skill checks) he will require 50k gold to be recruited.

If you fail to impress him, he will require 100k gold to be recruited (based on people on Discord, didn't experience this myself).

If you don't recruit him, he will be hired to assassinate you. Once again based on Discord. The plot thread is still there if you recruit him but he will tell you about it instead of going for your head if you recruit him

If you sell the useless thing you get from Chapter 2, especially Siege of Drezden you will start Chapter 3 easily with 100k gold more or less. I bought Reggil a shiny new hammer for around 25k gold and I start Chapter 3 with 60 - 70k. Didn't really buy any other expensive thing on Chapter 2 though beside a cheap magic armor for Sosiel.

But economy is something that dev in Discord said they will rebalance so all the above might change.

There are more unique items you want to buy than money to buy it with. You might have to pay Gheybore but an adventurer of my stature has standards. If he wants to come along that’s 250K minimum.

He has yet to scrape together enough cash.

Eh I'll take him over some uniques. With how expensive everything is 60k gold is like 2 items in the Alpha. Heck it might even only be 1 item as the stronger one cost upwards 50k gold iirc.

And I find him well written (and funny) enough that he is easily my favorite after the absolutely TN half-elf girl so there is that.

Not about power, it’s about unique effects, like the Bookworm ‘s Headband that gives you +2 INT, -3 Persuasion, and Immunity to Compulsions. Perfect for Woljif who has like negative Will and Persuasion already.

The key to beating Swarm Queen on hard O/W he’ll be permaConfused

There’s three or four items like that (+5 Perception/Trickery Ring, Ring of Spontaneous Fire Spells including Fireball that lets any Spontaneous Class cast them and Daeran is Oracle = spontaneous Divine - haven’t been able to afford that one yet, Armor that tacks a knockdown onto Charges)

The weapons are a trap, you get a million weapons, but the items change how the game plays out.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
btw are hell knight signifier prestige class in the alpha? if so how are they implemented and how fast can an arcane caster reach them?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
btw are hell knight signifier prestige class in the alpha? if so how are they implemented and how fast can an arcane caster reach them?
Should be able to reach them end of Act 1/beginning of Act 2. Seems like it'll be easier to get into as a Divine caster (due to the requisite armor profs) but still achievable pretty early on.

Percy

Cipher
I like how my lawful options in my second run includes executing deserters, abusing the half orc and letting hell knights hell knight. I may not have anyone to disarm traps later on tho.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Should be able to reach them end of Act 1/beginning of Act 2. Seems like it'll be easier to get into as a Divine caster (due to the requisite armor profs) but still achievable pretty early on.
Nice, Objectively speaking an armored Lich arcane caster is the coolest charactee archtype achievable in any fantasy world.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
So, what's the "flavour" of playing as an Azata Mythic Path - since the "lolrandom" is covered by Trickster and the "goodness by goodening the good" by Angel?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
No scare quotes needed.

In either case. Maybe if you hadn’t failed out of your seminary you could grasp such matters.

CG’s the alignment of happy/healthy women and children, so you get a full-fledged Dragon Companion (a seventh party member, not just a pet) who’s more or less a little girl, but less annoying than Linzi because younger

Last edited:

BarbequeMasta

Learned
No scare quotes needed.

In either case. Maybe if you hadn’t failed out of your seminary you could grasp such matters.

CG’s the alignment of women and children, so you get a full-fledged Dragon Companion (a seventh party member, not just a pet) who’s more or less a little girl, but less annoying than Linzi because younger
CG is such a faggot alignement, but
a dragon companion is intresting enough that I might try azata in my 6th or 7th playthrough

Shadenuat

Arcane
Pfff
Imagine not
when you find her
when I think about game with demons I think playing on human weaknesses - offer strength to those who suffer of being weak, love to unloved, etc. not edgy grimdark and banal violence. :M

incubi seducing party elf loli and then you meet her in black leather, x100 stronger and after defeat she dies on your hands whispering: "he was better than you in every way"

also I thought about how to fix problem of meeting only demonic encounters, and I would probably work in Warhammer demons instead D&Dish ones. drink potions of protection from Horny against Slaanesh, have to brute force way through brutes of Khorne, take acid trip into land of much acid damage alike to Grim Dawn developers poison levels in domain of Nurgle etc.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom