Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
so, codex doesn't care about graphics unless they're not good enough?
Graphics don't matter if I like the game, or if the developers agree with me about politics on their social media.
Graphics do matter, and they are SHIT and UNACCEPBABLE, if I dislike the game or disagree with the devs on politics.

Tattoo the above 2 rules on your forearm so that you see them when you are in a rush to comment, and stop yourself from appearing too new.

V_K

Arcane
tenor.gif

Ragniz

Novice
At a quick glance wizards subclasses are underwhelming, Shock arcanist looks strong but fuck nuking. Greenmage looks pretty shitty past lvl5 since your cantrips will do pretty much the same damage as a bow while Loremaster extra spells will end up being useless since D&D vidya spell selection is pretty limited, we'll see about the crafting bonuses.
Cleric is missing a heavy armor + martial weapon prof domain for a typical str frontline cleric (war/tempest), battle has amazing domain spells (maybe too good) and channel divinity but no heavy armor so he's forced to go dexterity, maybe tone down its domain spells and add heavy armor?
Also it's a shame that the game doesn't feature Battlemaster, the only fun fighter subclass. Here's hoping they improve all 3 classes options

Any news on feats?

Voids

Augur
I really like the character creation. Does 5E have personalities? Because that's something that's (currently) missing from BG3. Overall BG3's character creation is certainly prettier but I much prefer what Solasta currently has.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
me: my human fighter is a pragmatic person who's well versed in old primordian language and can look through anything's intention, what name should I give him
game's randomized name:

008i0bO.png

Mortmal

Arcane
So far very good, the rival brother of BG3 and it stands the comparison, less spectacular visually but still pretty and mecanically deeper . I spent a good 20 min in character creation alone to look at options, , theres more choices and more interisting archetypes, also pally are in already. Game runs flawlessly on ultra at 120 fps, not a single crash so far, a few typos in the french translation , really nothing to complain about.
It's 5E but it feels really different, look more like an oldschool game, a greywhawk or mystara campaign so far . No political agenda of any sort so far, a classic D&D game .

Bara

Arcane
If some one details out all the non SRD sub-classes you'd be a hero to us all.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I need a fourth character, probably a cleric... any ideas?
Cleric and cult leader Swen maybe ???
I need a fourth character, probably a cleric... any ideas?
Safav Hamon:
- has a "fanboy" tag, which is the local equivalent of cleric;
- started this whole thread.
I went for a more... AUTHORITATIVE choice.

Anyways, compared to BG3, (as we already knew) Solasta's implementation of the ruleset is much cleaner. Grid-based combat is also more satisfying, and everything feels simpler and, well, better. Obviously character models look worse but, honestly, who cares.

It saddens me to think that this game will never have all 12 base classes and will lack most core subclasses, but not because the game isn't fun with what's already there, only because it would be fucking amazing to be able to play a bard or a druid in an adaptation as faithful as this one.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Boy, I so wish this was the real release, but only playing chapter 1 than waiting... I don't know.

Elex

Arbiter
My plan since kickstarter was buy the game at release, but i decided to buy.
Why? Because well because is soo close to BG3 EA release that i don’t want them disappear.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
me: my human fighter is a pragmatic person who's well versed in old primordian language and can look through anything's intention, what name should I give him
game's randomized name:

008i0bO.png

Jeff (Jeff!), lord of values, cooker of books, carrier of the remainder, and seer of the loophole.

"In the presence of any local governance, Jeff gains +2 evasion."

Bara

Arcane
Why not?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom