Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
JfnW1Wf.png

I need a fourth character, probably a cleric... any ideas?
Why am I a Wizard?
I wanted an elf wizard, a halfling rogue, an half-elf paladin and a dwarf cleric. I couldn't see you as a shorty, and Onto HAD to be the paladin... I had no choice.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if they'll add more classes if the EA goes particularly well. At least Druid.

4 dwarf party seems cool btw.

Bara

Arcane
Sorcerrer would probably be the first developed since that was promised as post launch free dlc.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Installing it now. I think I'm going to go with the classic fighter/cleric/wizard/rogue. I have been playing around with classes and builds a ton with other games but with the reduced class selection and that it's just early access, I figured it might be cool to return to form.
It saddens me to think that this game will never have all 12 base classes and will lack most core subclasses, but not because the game isn't fun with what's already there, only because it would be fucking amazing to be able to play a bard or a druid in an adaptation as faithful as this one.
Let's just hope that htis game does good enough to warrant a sequel. With a bigger budget and with a lot of the work already done, hopefully we can get all the classes then.
I wanted an elf wizard, a halfling rogue, an half-elf paladin and a dwarf cleric. I couldn't see you as a shorty, and Onto HAD to be the paladin... I had no choice.
I'm going to make you my rogue because you're being all sneaky and shit trying to play both sides without commiting to one. Straddle that fence more...

Robber Baron

Savant
I'd lie if I said I didn't buy it just to see how good the bantz would be
Having the characters you created actually having a dialog is great
It's like all those times you read what the characters were talking about in Realms of Arkania but now you don't even need imagination
20201020215510-1.jpg

20201020215053-1.jpg

The only issue I have with it is the character lines don't always match up with the personality I picked for them. I have a dwarf cleric who's a lawmaker. I made him authoritative and altruistic. And for some reason the game interprets that as my guy repeatedly demanding higher payment and being greedy. Even though I didn't pick the greedy option. Very strange. Also, the game needs more voices for the PCs. Two of my characters have the same voice. And it gets annoying.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
What's up with not being able to point buy past 15/16 but dice rolling can easily net you an 18 and a good amount of 16s. Point buy is a much better way to do things but it seems they really wanted you to roll

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's up with not being able to point buy past 15/16 but dice rolling can easily net you an 18 and a good amount of 16s. Point buy is a much better way to do things but it seems they really wanted you to roll
Believe it or not, that's how it works in 5E. You can't get more than 15 with the point buy system, but nothing stops you from rolling all 18s.

The best way to get a balanced character is to just stick to the standard array (15 14 13 12 10 8).

Wait a minute
Protect from Evil AND GOOD
What is this shit some kind of
artworks-000234897636-cpt2tk-t500x500.jpg
or what? Since when
Protection from Evil and Good.

Last edited:
This game seems way better than BG3, at least for my tastes. I may not even play BG3, it just irritates me. This seems more like old school D&D except for when they all jump over open pits at the same time it looks kind of silly, like an arcade game, but I understand why they did it that way I guess.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
This game seems way better than BG3, at least for my tastes. I may not even play BG3, it just irritates me. This seems more like old school D&D except for when they all jump over open pits at the same time it looks kind of silly, like an arcade game, but I understand why they did it that way I guess.
To me, the jumping and crouching and running and pushing all just get in the way and are uninteresting. I get it if you're preparing for a fight and positioning your people, but in between fights it's just so unneeded

To me, the jumping and crouching and running and pushing all just get in the way and are uninteresting. I get it if you're preparing for a fight and positioning your people, but in between fights it's just so unneeded
I mostly agree and prefer the way Pillars and Pathfinder Kingmaker (I think kingmaker did it too, its been awhile) where they have a little sketch book story section with a challenge roll

Dodo1610

Arcane
2k online and sadly already 6 negative reviews; Given the game's presentation and that it is being made in France they probably need to sell a lot more copies to be profitable. Their current player base seems to mostly consists of the people that are unhappy with BG3 and I doubt that's enough for them

Robber Baron

Savant
Goblin haxxor literally noclips and attacks me through the rocks

20201020235850-1.jpg

Imagine throwing the javelin so hard it pierces through several meters of rock formations and right into your skull
20201021000340-1.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom