Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Taste of new music for the DLC.

Ash

Arcane
I've replayed the game on a bet with my friend to show that it's a bad fps, who thinks that this is TEH BEST MASTAPIECE SHOOTA of the time (one less friend for me soon, I guess).
For some reason I feel that Eternal would be much better game and actually good, if it was third person with auto aiming aka DMC and style points in it. Or it's just my friend's influence affects my mind, trying to salvage this game.

It's a good game, but not true classic material. I'd consider disowning anyone trying to claim its the best too.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If Doom Eternal ever taught me anything is to never, ever try to follow the story in a modern gayme. Blowing up demons was a sufficiently entertaining if fatiguing and repetitive experience but the writing was pure retardation from start to finish. OMG MUH SLAYER

Just fuck you.

Good first impression on the expansion, though I'm getting my ass kicked because I'm flabby and out of Doom-shape and it's kicking off with all the enemies. You also have all your toys but it's taking a bit to get into the swing of things. Haven't got the muscle memory back for quick weapon swapping is a biggy.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm flabby and out of Doom-shape

25722.jpg

OctavianRomulus

Learned
I preordered the Deluxe Edition for 60 dollars from GMG and the two DLCs were included.

This DLC is what Final Doom is for Doom 2. If you liked the original game, you will like this one. If not, it will not change your mind.

4 huge, chunky, and brutally challenging levels await. If you thought the base game was hard wait until you try this. It's very similar to what Old Blood offered as it is a standalone expansion pack that expands the core game.

This isn't 2 hour 20 dollar DLC. No, the first level alone will take you two hours to beat and there are 4. This sort of feels like a sequel actually. Honestly, another developer would have charged 60 dollars for this. You give the money, you get the product. No bullshit. I wish more companies did this. Some skins in some games cost just as much.

There's some pretty good secrets in it too. Environments are very varied and you go to places you haven't been to in the base game.

I'm at the third level and I gotta take a breather. My ears are ringing.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'll buy this when I finish the game I'm currently playing. It looks visually interesting if nothing else. As annoying as I found the... arcade-i-fication?... of the game, it's still one of the better shooters of the last handful of years, just because that's where we're at. Helps that it looks amazing and runs like butter.

Israfael

Arcane
I've been watching a duo of russian streamers (well, Belorussians by nation, but it's a Ru website) getting their ass kicked on the easiest difficulty, the shit was hilarious. Looking forward to playing this.

JDR13

Arcane
Still haven't finished the main game. I'm waiting for it to go on sale on Steam before I buy a legit copy. All the third-party store sites are only selling Bethesda.net keys.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I've been watching a duo of russian streamers (well, Belorussians by nation, but it's a Ru website) getting their ass kicked on the easiest difficulty, the shit was hilarious. Looking forward to playing this.

I'm letting my zoomer nephew play it at Ultra-Violence and he is chugging along fine. He is 14. Showed him how to switch weapons to override the recoil animation and he got it right away. I even made him finish Doom 1 & 2 when he was 12.

I don't understand where those faggot streamers or journalists come from. I can only assume most of those retards are non-gamers that itched themselves onto the scene like leeches thinking they can make a career talking about games even though they were never gamers themselves.

Israfael

Arcane
No, they are actually non-SJW "gayming journos" who style themselves as hardcore and not like the other gaming press (while saying that "F4 was probably ok" and other hair-raising stuff). I'd say it's rather simple (they actually said that CoD is better than this and Doom 3 is their favourite) - these people were conditioned (in early childhood or later) with the typical popamole games and they expect every shooter to be like that.

abija

Prophet
Bullshit, failing on easy it's way beyond that. Healthy, normal human beings that haven't played a game in their life should learn to handle it quick enough. There's no excuse for someone reviewing games.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I always point out Giant Bomb quicklooks as very instructive. A handful of guys who have spent 20+ years reviewing games and yet if you watch them play they're terrible at video games, and on top of that usually get lost and have no idea where to go or what to do. Only time this isn't the case is when it's a favorite of theirs they put a lot of time into beforehand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom