Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

probably misquoting: "i demand from my men only to obey my word as it was god's".
baldie must hang.

Sykar

Arcane
probably misquoting: "i demand from my men only to obey my word as it was god's".
baldie must hang.

11705.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
treacherous and slut like the rataka whore
Hey, no slutshaming Kaliyo! She was such a refreshing break from the usual Bioware waifus that always follow the same concept. Kal does not give two fucks, you follow HER around and she uses you as she pleases. :hahano:
And she helped me get rid of Koth.
All the butthurt from players who felt threatened in their manliness by her was just the icing on the cake.

"You and me agent, you and me." :obviously:

My agent was a womyn tho, so I didn't have to worry if bakta tanks can cure spez STDs...
She's basically Jack from Mass Effect.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
She's Jack without the drama to really justify bein' a slut.

In the meantime I sped through Smuggler. Well. That was a weird ride.

I would say, in broad strokes, that Smuggler edges out Bounty Hunter by a little, little, yet still clearly noticeable bit. My style was pretty much the same. I went neutral/LS build, same as BH, but managed to stack much more LS points, why exactly isn’t clear to me to be honest (perhaps ‘cause I did a lot more flashpoints). LS/neutral BH is, well, an honourable hunter who prioritises money above everything else for a time, and then, from Chapter 2 onwards, starts spurtin’ all kinds of bullshit ‘bout honour and other classic Mandalorian themes. Story is quite serious, jokes are rare and a clear break from the main style of narration. Smuggler runs differently – and I would argue runs better. LS/neutral Smuggler is a complete fuckin’ moron who’s good with her blaster, is almost never serious, she’s savvy when it comes to some minor intrigues, but mostly runs ‘round crackin’ (bad) jokes and bein’ a smartass. And it, a miracle, works quite fine. Prologue is basically runnin’ ‘round Coruscant yellin’ WHERE’S MY SHIP which gets hilarious at times, and truth be told story never really gets higher in tier than that. You do some jobs you don’t really know why exactly – and your character bein’ not a very bright specimen works fine here – and when some Imps cross you, well, you hunt them and kill them ‘cause of this grudge (that’s why I went part neutral and not fully LS – I just shot all who were not very nice to my lil’ bit dim but friendly Zabrak wombyn). You do accomplish some major political feats by the end but that’s by accident almost. I liked this style of lower stakes much more than I liked when BH did it, probably ‘cause BH takes itself way too seriously in comparison. Your companion rooster is marginally better than BH’s – you get three decent companions instead of two good ones. Only walkin’ carpet and fuckin’ Corso are bad as hell, and I mean it especially when it comes to Corso. Easily one of the worst companions in this game, yet still he has value. If you play a woman and flirt with people when he’s in your party he get hilariously angry ‘bout it every time, and sometimes it’s gold, I recommend takin’ him only for these reactions (CORSO GREATLY DISAPPROVES). Other than that, yeah, nothing really to write home ‘bout.

I’m Trooper short from completin’ all eight storylines. Time for a break, and after that time for a DS run with Mr. Warcrimes.

Stories ranked as of now: LS Warrior = LS Consular > LS/neutral Agent > DS Knight > LS/neutral Smuggler > LS/neutral Bounty Hunter > DS Inquisitor

EDIT: Oh, I should perhaps mention gameplay for once. I enjoyed Gunslinger. Clearly best build for clearin’ PvE as of yet. It was quick, powerful (BIG DAMAGE), it had novelty (covers!).

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
i finished the smuggler story and i doubt i ever used cover.
Did you play Gunslinger or Scoundrel? Only Gunslingers get covers AFAIK. You can abstain from usin' them of course, but they play a vital role in Sharpshooter's skill tree (and I played a Sharpshooter Gunslinger).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Scrolled past this on Steam and saw that it has localized prices for subscription. I know a few of you who play(ed?) are in potatoland and similar places.
https://steamdb.info/app/1333220/

looks like it's only worth it if you're in poland, russia, or brazil

Surprised by how low the British price is, tbh. USA is getting fleeced.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why Mexico is almost twice more expensive than Potatoland? It got so rich? Or Kwans just love to oppress their southern neighbors so much, Seriously would return to game if there was some fun single player new conten its all shaite since the Revan expansion, while I continue to have fun with every expansion and DLC I checked for Elder Scrolls.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Why Mexico is almost twice more expensive than Potatoland? It got so rich? Or Kwans just love to oppress their southern neighbors so much, Seriously would return to game if there was some fun single player new conten its all shaite since the Revan expansion, while I continue to have fun with every expansion and DLC I checked for Elder Scrolls.

After the game got over the whole Eternal Empire nonsense, single player content started to get better. Still, I've no inclination to return.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After the game got over the whole Eternal Empire nonsense, single player content started to get better. Still, I've no inclination to return.
I stopped playing after Khem Val told me he wants to eat me, and then I... got locked into romance with him? :hahano:

Did they actually add anything of value since then? Flashpoints don't count.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I stopped playing after Khem Val told me he wants to eat me, and then I... got locked into romance with him? :hahano:

Did they actually add anything of value since then? Flashpoints don't count.

Well... they added...

flashpoints

ADL

Prophet
Surprising to see how successful this is when I look at the restrictions on the free2play scheme which I'd imagine are a majority of players. This shit sucks and I feel bad for anyone who has this as their first impression of the game. If I didn't have a legacy account from playing the game before it went f2p, I would've noped the fuck out of there within five minutes of loading in for the first time.

Sykar

Arcane
I looked it up and it was even worse, like maximum credits being restricted to 250k instead of 1 million like now. Some of the restrictions are ok with me like cosmetic shit. Others are just baffling like the aforementioned quickbars. The one that is really frustrating imho is that you have NO bank access, not even guild bank.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Not that it's a great system, I'm not defending it, but a lot of the restrictions are lifted if you go from a non-paying to a preferred or something level. That means that you're still not a subscriber, but you can put in like $10 and you're forever upgraded from the shit tier. And you can do something nice with those $10 like unlocking a qt race (Miraluka I'm "looking" at you).

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Giving it a whirl atm. F2P sure is punishingly restrictive.

I remember playing years ago, not too long after the F2P switch and it was way way worse (like limits on quick travel).

For the lack of bank access, at least you can use the storage in your stronghold, that's something

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I looked it up and it was even worse, like maximum credits being restricted to 250k instead of 1 million like now. Some of the restrictions are ok with me like cosmetic shit. Others are just baffling like the aforementioned quickbars. The one that is really frustrating imho is that you have NO bank access, not even guild bank.

Ahaha, they restricted guild bank access? Sneaky gits used to go around the money restrictions by using private guilds with banks. I guess BW couldn't have that.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ahaha, they restricted guild bank access? Sneaky gits used to go around the money restrictions by using private guilds with banks. I guess BW couldn't have that.
No fun allowed. :obviously:

At least you can get the free referral stuff to remove some restrictions. Wait... that just made me sound like "thanks for the scraps you throw below the table for me".
Sad.

The money restriction is the worst IMHO. Even tho it was increased to 300k IIRC, you can still buy jack with that little pocket change. Good luck finding the dye/crystal in your choice color for less than 300k.
Or hide the head slot. Which always bugged out for me when using the free token from the referal box.

I remember blowing yuge amounts of spaceshekelz on hookers and blow mounts and dyes just so it does not get taking hostage until I resub. I swear the Jews Hutts have taken enough of my moneys hostage by now to buy several preowned Star Destroyers. :hahano:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom