Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: New Vegas 10 Year Anniversary

Trashos

Arcane
I replay New Vegas very often, it is one of the games I keep returning to, one of my home bases so to speak. So I will be honoring the 10 years, the 11 years, the 12 years etc.

Thanks to everyone involved for giving us such an awesome game. Dark times may follow sometimes, but put your talent and soul into something, and people are going to appreciate it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Tempted to start a replay but I just recently suffered through parts of 3 again to try the DLCs, so... probably not the best time.

I'm sitting here wondering if it's my favorite 3D game of the 2010s. Only competition I can think of off the top of my head would maybe be an Arkane game.

purupuru

Learned
No. Busy replaying BG1&2 for the moment. Also played through New Vegas too many times already.

Zer0wing

Cipher
full Legion
b45.gif

Alphons

Cipher
Sadly not all team members can celebrate.
Not sure if it's a complete list as not all VAs have their own pages. Couldn't find any information on majority of designers and programmers.

RIP
Richard Herd JR (Father Elijah)
Barry Dennen (Dean Domino)
Rene Auberjonois (Robert House)
Alex Rocco (Big Sal)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

If I had wanted to add the content that JSawyer Ultimate added, I would have added it in my own mod.

Welp, that's basically all the confirmation that was needed. JSawyer Ultimate is and will always be PushTheWinButton's own vision for New Vegas.

OT: No, I won't be replaying it. I've played the game far too much and I'm already exhausted. Maybe I'll give it a go in a few years when my memory of the game is not so fresh.

None

Scholar
Query: Is there a JSawyer but with more stuff that makes the game generally better but does not deviate from the function? I never played with JSawyer.

At the very least I'd play with JSawyer. He did pretty much all the balancing in the game and his mod is best viewed as a Director's Cut of sorts. If you are looking for a "Vanilla+" experience, here are a few other mods that I think fit that criteria.

General Gameplay Improvements
Weapon Mesh Improvement
Fixes the ironsights on weapons so they are actually zeroed.

Subtle Camera Motion
Stops the PC from having an epileptic seizure every time you reload a weapon.

Collision Meshes
Changes some meshes so you shoot through things that you would otherwise be unable to (gaps in fences, etc).

StewieAI's Tweaks
Adds the ability to change a lot of gameplay option by editing a .ini. Things like adding locational damage to melee attacks, allowing shooting while falling or jumping, and so many more. It's really worth giving a look.

Simple DLC Delay
Delays the DLC until certain levels are reached.

Visual
Charge's FNV HD Texture Packs
AI upscaled textures, available in 2k or 4k. Not perfect, but as far as AI-upscaled textures this is the best one in my opinion.

Pip-Boy 2500
Replaces the wrist-worn Pip-Boy 3000 with something more similar to the Pip-Boy 2000.

Yellow Goodbye
Tones down the excessive orange/yellow tint without removing it completely.

Content Mods
moburma80's Uncut mods
Adds back in some cut content, mostly quests.

Lonesome Road True Faction Allegiance
Changes the DLC's ending to reflect your choices instead of being based on the karma slider.

Sawyer Ultimate
PushTheWinButton's own continuation of the JSawyer mod. I don't think it deviates too much from the original's spirit, and the author has many other mods that seem to follow the same design philosophy. I've only used JSawyer Ultimate, so I can't speak to the quality of the author's other mods.

Other
Unnecessary Physics
Turn some static objects into physic objects.

There aren't many good "all-in-one" New Vegas overhauls in my opinion. So hope some of these smaller ones help.

edit: added more stuff because I can't help myself. With Bethesda/Gamebryo games I end up spending more time screwing with mods/.ini tweaks/ReShade than actually playing.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom