Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

purupuru

Learned
So what exactly was the reason everyone began shitting on this? I miss a few dozen pages and the attitudes have completely changed.
Because firing top people this late into production is a sure sign of project management nightmare. Maybe Mitsoda and Cara suck and totally deserve to be fired, but that can only make me even less optimistic about the game.

J1M

Arcane
She was a narrative consultant on Dishonored 2

What were her glowing narrative accomplishments that made her eligible as a consultant? Other than pushing the leftist narrative in videogame luegenpresse, that is.
The industry hires journalists from a site for a little consulting and then amazingly the game reviews well there shortly after.

Last edited:

Avarize

Magister
THere's a terrifying amount of fan fiction about him. Too many undersexed people in the world who want to fuck a lizard because he seems damaged and they want to fix him.
Attraction to unviable partners has always been such a strange phenomenon to me. If you want to help, get a shrink, don't spread your legs.

Semiurge

Cipher
Worry not, comrades. Sooner or later Paradox will give the franchise over to Larian Studios.

No! It should be CD Projekt RED! They have a "RED" in the name, RED like blood :argh:

Paradox hired a noname multiplayer shooter studio make a sequel to one of the greatest RPGs. It didn't work out!

At the very least, this is true. They went cheap, and had to pay the price.

There are no "quotas". There is only a race to drive those pesky straight white men out from creative and decision-making positions where they could possibly hinder the pozzed propaganda disguised as entertainment.

Education does not belong in adult oriented games. Creatives should always aim to make them as entertaining as possible, not educational, for education contains the possibility of agendas and propaganda slipping into the product. They are mutually exclusive. That's just one reason why some gaming background should be
required of the creatives.

Didn't think much of Garrus either positively or negatively. Just kinda there.

THere's a terrifying amount of fan fiction about him. Too many undersexed people in the world who want to fuck a lizard because he seems damaged and they want to fix him.

He was a bro, but if you want to maintain some belief that he's an alien Martin Riggs, don't romance him. You'll only see him stripped of his bulky armor that made him look nicely buff in that cutscene in ME2 where you meet him again, and turned into this thin and wiry bird alien that wants to rub foreheads with you.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
The small feet of Paradox will never fill the shoes of Bloodlines

I wish it was just the management problems and their games, but it looks like more on the creative end as well when they fire the creative staff

Still remember when players were eager and hoping for Bloodlines sequel, now... for Paradox to ruin it so much is impressive, takes skill

Sezneg

Literate
we're probably already getting a crpg WoD game from hairbrained schemes. probably not vampire though but Wraith or Changeling
Nobody gives a fuck about those though.

Changeling: The Lost was probably the best thing White Wolf ever produced. It was intended to be a limited run New WOD product, but kept getting additional material by demand. It would be a wonderful setting for an RPG. A more interesting setting than V:TM, IMO.

Black

Arcane
Wherein Cara confirms she quit/was fired from Bloodlines 2 back in September

And a Glass Door review from September, possibly written by Cara herself given the writing style and subject matter.

If that is Cara, quite the backstabbing of Mitsoda there, calling him and Cluney a couple of con men. Accurate, though, based on my assessment.

Women belong in the kitchen.

^ has never eaten a modern liberal woman's "food"

Cael

Arcane
Wherein Cara confirms she quit/was fired from Bloodlines 2 back in September

And a Glass Door review from September, possibly written by Cara herself given the writing style and subject matter.

If that is Cara, quite the backstabbing of Mitsoda there, calling him and Cluney a couple of con men. Accurate, though, based on my assessment.

Women belong in the kitchen.

^ has never eaten a modern liberal woman's "food" attempted suicide

Fixed it for you.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Is there anyone here still watching this game in hopes of it being actually good, or are we all playing the "LET'S WATCH THE TRAINWRECK" game?

GrainWetski

Arcane

I wish it was just the management problems and their games, but it looks like more on the creative end as well when they fire the creative staff

Still remember when players were eager and hoping for Bloodlines sequel, now... for Paradox to ruin it so much is impressive, takes skill
Blaming Paradox when the devs themselves did nothing but virtuesignal. Anyone with working eyes could see this shit was doomed from the start.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So what exactly was the reason everyone began shitting on this? I miss a few dozen pages and the attitudes have completely changed.
Changed? I've have kept up neither with the game nor this thread, but I think the attitudes were rather pessimistic from the get go?

There was some very, very minor optimism, which has been dispelled by the time of the gameplay demo, and possibly before that. It was the Thinblood focus for me.

HansDampf

Arcane
I was optimistic because of Mitsoda's involvement, and I wanted it to be good. This is just sad. It's not even a satisfying trainwreck.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Is there anyone here still watching this game in hopes of it being actually good, or are we all playing the "LET'S WATCH THE TRAINWRECK" game?

i'm just hoping it won't turn to be a underworld ascendant tier catastrophe. maybe the ubisoft guy they hired polishes the game to a 7/10 or something and if they managed to retain most of mitsoda's writing and the narrative isn't as soyed up we fear i'm still going to get the game
on a sale for 20$

Avarize

Magister

Blaming Paradox when the devs themselves did nothing but virtuesignal. Anyone with working eyes could see this shit was doomed from the start.
Which is why you can blame Paradox. They gave the IP to these incompetent morons.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Paradox should've just scrapped the project, kick out the whole dev team, and give to some non-woke, sane studio. For fuck's sake, there are even fully woke studios out there who are excellent (Failbetter Games).

Avarize

Magister
A studio full of alphabet parade nutters, women and soygoys. Can you imagine the backstabbing, cunty attitude of everyone in that place?

No wonder they're pissing money and time down the drain.
Coastal progressives seem like the worst sort of people to work with. Recent leaks about WoW devs and their disdain for community theorycrafters were telling, it was the woke types that were the worst.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
A studio full of alphabet parade nutters, women and soygoys. Can you imagine the backstabbing, cunty attitude of everyone in that place?

No wonder they're pissing money and time down the drain.
Coastal progressives seem like the worst sort of people to work with. Recent leaks about WoW devs and their disdain for community theorycrafters were telling, it was the woke types that were the worst.

Gimme dem leaks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom