Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
If you don't mind some work you can directly connect the executables to Galaxy. (I guess GOG technically can make it automated for actual DRM-free games but probably Epic, as a partner, won't like it.)

Ivan

Arcane
giphy.webp

:incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:

Last edited by a moderator:

Venser

Erudite

Not quite. PC port had cutscenes running at 15FPS, shadow issues in cutscenes, didn't have true analog for controllers, and was missing 6 of the 15 apartment hauntings from the console versions among other things.

Edit: it includes the patch for 30FPS cutscenes

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Some of that is fixed with fan patches, according to PC Gaming Wiki, but yeah... not a good PC version. I believe 2 and 3 are better, assuming they release those.

Endemic

Arcane
One of the reviews claims that's been fixed.

As a port Silent Hill 4's GOG version is solid so far! High resolution support and 30fps cutscenes, a change from the original 15fps cutscenes! I have yet to see whether some of the apartment hauntings that were originally cut from the PC version, have been restored. Either way this is great for Silent Hill and horror fans alike! Perhaps we will see 2 and 3 get the same treatment?

Semiurge

Cipher
Why won't Steam just die so that those greedy publishers have no choice but to sell at GOG? No Crystal Dynamics Raiders, no Condemned :negative:

At least CD Projekt is the owner so their games are sure to be there.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I was briefly tempted despite the lack of gameplay, but reviews make it sound like you don't even make any real decisions, you just watch everything play out. Super lame.

lightbane

Arcane
Understandable, seeing the state of WoD nowadays. The setting is deader than dead, and it will never recover. For good and bad, they're not using NWoD books for ideas for future games.
A Beast: the Primordial would trigger all SJWs due feeling identified with the psychos you're forced to play as. Said game was made by a confirmed sexual predator as well.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

zapotec

Liturgist
Partisans 1941 was removed from the store.
Nobody knows why, the only lead is this thing:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1227530/discussions/0/4835136555187318815/
Guess that devs refused to remove DRM from their game moment before release. Those StarForce loving bastards are weird...

edit
https://mobile.twitter.com/FadingSuns/status/1317849638108626946

Emperor of the Fading Suns is coming to GOG
edit: it's out
https://af.gog.com/game/emperor_of_the_fading_suns?as=1649904300

Looks interesting Emperor of the Fading Suns, what i should expect from it?

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Freebie Europa Universalis 2. Claim from the front page as usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4F1tJsZL0

I was instantly reminded of my favorite track from way back when I had no idea what it all was and EU2 was actually the first one I played.

Exact same experience and favourite track, oh gentleman of refined taste.
Maybe I should give it a whirl again. I loved the historical events.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Would it kill gog to get some decent releases from these publishers? How many times can they do weekly deals for the same games over and over again? CK3 is out now, and CK2 is probably finito for DLCs. Pack that sumbitch up with a gog GOTY/Legacy edition and give us the goods. Damn.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Would it kill gog to get some decent releases from these publishers? How many times can they do weekly deals for the same games over and over again? CK3 is out now, and CK2 is probably finito for DLCs. Pack that sumbitch up with a gog GOTY/Legacy edition and give us the goods. Damn.

Nope, gotta milk that CK2-cow for every damn drop. There are (tens of?) thousands of CK2-players who don't own all the DLCs for CK2. Why make it easy for them when you can make it hard for them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom