Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

help find game from the past

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
roxor couldnt. Im fairly certain it was added as full version to potato cd action once.

it is not gorky17. It does feel similar when looking at screenshots but it isnt it. Some things I write in here might be misleading as my memory is playing tricks, including this being gorky or not. It was on single cd so no, not a gorasul.

Turn based, there was squad involved. Characters were pre generated, I dont think there was any swapping involved. Potentially few more were joining once rescued as story progressed, cant remember. If i were to guess you started with 3. One character was def a leader and had some leadership points allocated.
You were fighting aliens/mutants.You were fightig on earth, deeper into some overrun, abandoned facility I think. Might be that you could chose your path in between missions in some limited way.

Weapons had to be reloaded and could overheat & jam. I recall jamming being quite a problem. You could run out of ammo too. There was laser weapon that had endless ammunition but was overheating extremely fast. Overheating and being prone to jams was important stat. Some wpns had bayonet and it was very useful - strong, allowing to conserve ammo and reduce heat by not shooting.
You could swap eq load out in between missions. You were getting constantly new equipment, I think you had to buy it somehow.
Not everyone could equip everything. Squad members were different and there was some development involved(mainly to equip new stuff).
There were various armors with some drawbacks. Potentially they had different lvl of protection from front vs flank?
I think there was some sort of coat of arms eq type.

I believe there was upper level platforms play involved.

Lowest lvl enemy was likely similar to ghoul in w3 as it fused in my head. I think they were emerging from sewers, possibly in endless quantities?
I recall there was heavy armored, slow enemy that was invulnerable from front, but could be killed when back stabbed.
Likely you were getting xp or something from killing more enemies than necessary to finish objective as I recall some 'farming'.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
the last time i played incubation was 20 years ago, but if you had told me it had red dudes who looked like spehs mehreens instead of listing out banalities i would have probably identified it

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom