Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
The leader of Turkey licked my boots to beg me not to liberate his country. The only licking you're doing is to the cocks of homeless bums for some crack.

I was speaking of well-documented history. At least you had good hair.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/826564.Young_Stalin

Your demented fantasies are of no interest to anyone. Erasmus had neither time for nor interest in smoking pole.

I'll write without LARPing right now. Those photos are fake. Stalin took the liberty of erasing his real photos from the face of the Earth, and started circulating much more flattering ones.
That might be based on a real photo though. It's definitely not an untouched one(it's heavily edited) -- Stalin had significant facial scarring due to smallpox as a child.
Here's a rare mugshot photo of Stalin where you can see the scarring:
oTkX8.png

Most other photos available have all been edited to make his skin smooth.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Nothing is worse than a power gamer

A balance cultist is.

Only in MMOs, since those are always PVP faggots, and PVPers are directly responsible for the slow death of WoW.

MMOs are ruined exactly due balance cultists. Just look to the earlier mmos which was like SP games, like Dark Sun Online : Crimson Sands and Ultima Online. You rolled for attributes on Dark Sun like on SP games. Spells like Finger of Death which OHK anyone who fails a save at -2 penalty exists in the mmo like on SP game... I had way more fun playing neverwinter nights 1 on PRC's with 40 people on a server than the generic wow clone.

All, I repeat ALL masterpiece RPG's are unbalanced. Low int runs on Fallout 1/2 aren't optimal, dwarf magicians on arcanum too, but are fun non the less. The fun of an ARPG is to create an cool unique character and role play as that character in another fictional world. If the character is optimal or suboptimal, is irrelevant as longs is fun and makes sense that they are optimal or suboptimal on that fictional world lore.

And to think WoW initially wasn't even supposed to have PvP. I am fairly certain the game, as a game, would be in a much healthier condition than today. Fortunately, they are starting to go back on SOME of their idiotic decisions, like unpruning abilities (which were pruned in the first place because, and I can't stress this enough, it intruded with fucking PvP in some way or another).

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think balancing single-playing games is pointless and even harmful. Josh Sawyer discovered it at his own peril. And if there is no real punishment besides whining on the forums then power gaming, cheating and other creative activities are joyful and entertaining.

kreight

The truth is as always somewhere in the middle. Can't gnore balancing but getting too deep into it will get you nowhere.

Lacrymas

Arcane
From where I'm standing, I'd say the point of balance would be to avoid extremes. Either someone being so overpowered as to trivialize content, or a class being completely not viable and ergo pointless. What needs to be more focused on is asymmetrical balance in order to not make all classes play and feel the same (PoE).

Robber Baron

Savant
Something being extremly overpowered is ok in a SP game if it's hidden behind crazy mechanics or after you understand how the system works, aka the reward for time investment.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'd say that's unavoidable in a system with as many moving parts as Pathfinder or even 5E. As long as it requires metagaming and isn't obvious, that's ok.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I'll write without LARPing right now. Those photos are fake. Stalin took the liberty of erasing his real photos from the face of the Earth, and started circulating much more flattering ones.

Another example of his sub-quotidian taste. Scars make men look better, not worse. If Infinitron doesn’t clean these up shortly I’ll delete later today.

We may have our own Uncle Joe to reckon with soon.

Those are pox scars, genius. They are disgusting, and were universally despised throughout the history of mankind as a sign of being unclean. Just like your builds are a sign of a fragile mind.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
What's the difference, story-wise, between Azata and Angel, other than one companion? How are their choices and paths different, their decisions and methods? I mean concrete examples, not your ramblings.
Baby dragon
Also
dragon eggs
Give it a shot, you will see
Just like your builds are a sign of a fragile mind.
Which of his builds do you think are so bad? I mean concrete examples.
I only ask because your earlier description of them very much described InEffect or Nerd Commando builds but pretty much the opposite of what I see Desiderius posting.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
What's the difference, story-wise, between Azata and Angel, other than one companion? How are their choices and paths different, their decisions and methods? I mean concrete examples, not your ramblings.
Baby dragon
Also
dragon eggs
Give it a shot, you will see
Just like your builds are a sign of a fragile mind.
Which of his builds do you think are so bad? I mean concrete examples.
I only ask because your earlier description of them very much described InEffect or Nerd Commando builds but pretty much the opposite of what I see Desiderius posting.

None. I don't read builds, since I don't like being hand-held in my gameplay. I'm just writing it to fuck with him, since this obviously gets to him.

As to your answer - other than the baby dragon, what's the difference, story-wise, between Azata and Angel/Trickster. How is the Azata Path dialogue/choices different from those two?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
As to your answer - other than the baby dragon, what's the difference, story-wise, between Azata and Angel/Trickster. How is the Azata Path dialogue/choices different from those two?
Azata can do things like
recruit monsters to join the crusade, for example using Mimics against demons
It's got just as much overlap with Trickster as it does with Angel really.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Azata can do things like
recruit monsters to join the crusade, for example using Mimics against demons
It's got just as much overlap with Trickster as it does with Angel really.

Do you know whether one has to be on the Angel Path to then go onto the Gold Dragon Path?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
azata can talk them into fighting for him or through mental domination?
You use
4651685-6547419713-vmrb5.jpg

Do you know whether one has to be on the Angel Path to then go onto the Gold Dragon Path?
Don't know since it's not in the game yet.
Based on the leaks though it sounds like
if you favor "Lawful" too strongly over "Good" as an Angel, the dragon won't take you under his wing, so I wouldn't be surprised if you can go Azata->Dragon also.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
azata can talk them into fighting for him or through mental domination?
You use
4651685-6547419713-vmrb5.jpg

Don't know since it's not in the game yet.
Based on the leaks though it sounds like
if you favor "Lawful" too strongly over "Good" as an Angel, the dragon won't take you under his wing, so I wouldn't be surprised if you can go Azata->Dragon also.

I wish you're right. I want to keep my Special Magical Dragon Child.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
other than the baby dragon, what's the difference, story-wise, between Azata and Angel/Trickster. How is the Azata Path dialogue/choices different from those two?
IIRC from the older datamining threads it treats you more like a kind of chaotic good-aligned superhero rather than a staunchly lawful angelic arbiter. It was explicitly likened to being a kind of Aquaman/Squirrel Girl kinda cape, with Aivu your trusty dragon sidekick and all your animal friends teaming up to fight the Forces of Evil. You're also slightly lessen beholden to Iomedae since your powers come from Elysium rather than Heaven.

Also the good-aligned nature of it makes more characters favorable to you than Trickster, who is perpetually the target of suspicion due to them fucking with everyone as opposed to only fucking with demons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom