Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I crave an RPG like Gothic

I'm confused on why some people in this thread think Gothic is the best game ever ... it's lacking turn-based team combat
:hmmm:

Clicking on the spoiler might shock you, so beware.

https://rpgcodex.net/gallery.php?image=16928
16928.jpg

Gastrick

Cipher
It has good exploration, progression, and challenge
Progression is based on how far you get into the story which controls which armor and weapons you can buy. It has the same flawed progression of jrpgs where you get to buy stronger armor and weapons every 2-4 hours. Training doesn't matter much compared to equipment too.
Not much there to explore with a tiny map, but sure, what it has is nice to explore.
Slavs got it for free with gaming mags as kids
So that's why, it makes perfect sense now why fans think it's the best game ever.

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, Brigand is really neat and weird. Worst part of the game is the inventory system. Besides that, a lot of fun with good progression, meaningful stats, funny writing, and one of the most interesting settings I've seen in a game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Anyone can recommend an RPG that is sort of like Gothic? Where, the world is small but dense, has brutal but engaging gameplay, where the game doesn't hold your hand but doesn't get you needlessly lost? Where the game doesn't rely on expensive cutscenes and voice acting to sell itself?

Morrowind, Stalker, Outcast, Arx Fatalis, BotW, Brigand Oaxaca, Dying Light

Mud'

Scholar
As others had said, Arx Fatalis.

It has that living breathing world feel to it, good sound design, lots of interactivity with the enviorment, fun exploration, cant really recall if the game was hard or not but overall i had loads of fun with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom