Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Graphs are fine imo but I would prefer to add own pictures 3d ones look kinda bad and I like 2d shit similiar to kingmaker / iwd etc. Maps also look really nice when full screen my main problems with this game so far are UI and areas not open enough for exploration. Only played 7 hours so far but Im enjoying this game more than BG3. Both are probably going to turn out okay/good after EA.

Voice acting is also not the best but that should not be a huge problem. RPG elements with characters seems to be lacking with dialogue options I have not seen much/any effect on how does casual/lawfulness and so on effect on dialogues.

Mortmal

Arcane
99% of what we get on steam are rpgmaker, phone games, wow like art style, lulzy graphics, and some of you are still not happy with this....

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
OK, people, this will be short and simple. I know absolutely NOTHING about this game, and this is intentional. For those who've played - is it good. A simple "yes" or "no" please.

Yes.

It's good, the core combat is pretty awesome tbh. But it's limited and a bit ... empty. It's not quite a complete game yet, especially in terms of fleshing out the world and story, and having more side-quests and that sort of thing.

But what's there is good, very good, and I hope the devs are able to fill in all the detail required to make it a classic. All the elements are there, the game just needs more stuff - not in the sense of any more systems or anything like that, but just more of what's there, enough to give a more solid illusion of a world.

And all that's to be expected, since it's EA.

Graphics and models and anims - sure, a bit janky in the close-ups and conversations, but it's not really that important a factor. In exploration and combat, while the anims could do with a little bit of improvement here and there, the graphics are quite adequate, and occasionally very nice (like other well-made Unity games).

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
I like what I've played but I can't help but wonder whether they should have stuck with their original plan for the game to be mostly a dungeon crawl, with a compact overworld.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is possible to reach lv 10 on EA?

Charisma-based casters must die.

What about warlock? On 2e they was introduced as an mage kit on complete wizard handbook, on 3.5e become a CHA based and on 5e pre playtest, was a INT based but later changed to INT.

I really wanna use repealing blast -> eldritch blast on solasta. That would be so amazing

Elex

Arbiter
So the difference is like two different DM approach:

Solasta: the DM have shitty painted miniatures, is not that good with voice, raiload the party all the time and create a lot of homebrew stuff, but he is good at creating balanced fights and know the rules.

BG3: the DM have pro painted miniatures,and he is great and describing places, he is a professional voice actor, he barely know any D&D rules and use some homebrew from reddit, he place explosive stuff in every combat and all the stuff burn down inevitably, he is also pretty good at improvise after the player kill important NPC o try another approach

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Made myself a DEUS VULT party: 2 paladin, 2 cleric, all humans. I'll comment back after I play through the available content.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
A nice touch that becomes apparent on the immersion side is that your party does start to take on a personality of its own in the discussions amongst themselves and with NPCs. The dialogue and voice acting seem to fit the personality traits you've chosen per character (and there are 3 voice options that vary decently too). Very nicely done, must have been a devil to arrange, and a lot of hard work from the actors and audio people.

PrettyDeadman

Made myself a DEUS VULT party: 2 paladin, 2 cleric, all humans. I'll comment back after I play through the available content.
I feel like ranged capabilities are extra important in this game with all extra height and whatnot. Unless you love getting shot with arrows while you dash and climb 4 sets of ladders to reach the first enemy...

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I feel like ranged capabilities are extra important in this game with all extra height and whatnot. Unless you love getting shot with arrows while you dash and climb 4 sets of ladders to reach the first enemy...
Yeah I'm doing a test. I thought about doing 4 fighters, but I abstained because healing is necessary.

I might have a second set of ranged weaponry for everyone, and I took Sacred Flame with both Cleric. For low level it's just as good as any ranged weapon since most creatures have shit dex saving throw anyway.

V_K

Arcane
A nice touch that becomes apparent on the immersion side is that your party does start to take on a personality of its own in the discussions amongst themselves and with NPCs. The dialogue and voice acting seem to fit the personality traits you've chosen per character (and there are 3 voice options that vary decently too). Very nicely done, must have been a devil to arrange, and a lot of hard work from the actors and audio people.
I both like and hate this approach. On the one hand, there's a pretty good deal of reactivity going on with both personality and character background (e.g. my rogue got a whole unique dialog because of his spy past). But on the other hand, I could have done without every dialog being a cutscene. So far pacing has been pretty decent, with neither combats nor dialogs being too frequent, but I can see it getting tiresome in a while.

Robber Baron

Savant
Does saving
Soldier dude and soldier woman instead of dwarf captn and douchebag net your anything? Got back to the city and they arent even mentioned while the dwarf and douchebag have failed talk to tasks

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Yes.

It's good, the core combat is pretty awesome tbh. But it's limited and a bit ... empty. It's not quite a complete game yet, especially in terms of fleshing out the world and story, and having more side-quests and that sort of thing.

But what's there is good, very good, and I hope the devs are able to fill in all the detail required to make it a classic. All the elements are there, the game just needs more stuff - not in the sense of any more systems or anything like that, but just more of what's there, enough to give a more solid illusion of a world.
I agree. The core game and its associated systems are really good. Combat is a lot of fun and the personality system is a cool and creative thing. I liked the prologue to introduce each party member, too.
Is possible to reach lv 10 on EA?
Haven't finished it but I believe EA goes to level 6.

Does saving
Soldier dude and soldier woman instead of dwarf captn and douchebag net your anything? Got back to the city and they arent even mentioned while the dwarf and douchebag have failed talk to tasks
Sounds like a bug. I did the same as you and had the talk tasks, talking to the dwarf completed both tasks although I could still go talk to the douchebag after completing the task.

Robber Baron

Savant
Sounds like a bug. I did the same as you and had the talk tasks, talking to the dwarf completed both tasks although I could still go talk to the douchebag after completing the task.

Guess I'll have to replay it

Also I wish the game had fastforward action button like TB PFK does it

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Guess I'll have to replay it
Don't bother, I think it's not finished yet.
The scout-guy handed me the book he looted and which was the cause of the attacks on the fort, and it was not even mentioned at the council,
even though the other group handed in a similar item. The quest was marked as completed.
But both the scout and the dorf-commander-girl are in the city and you can talk with both of them.

Robber Baron

Savant
TELL US ABOUT THE TATTOO

20201022000849-1.jpg

20201022000838-1.jpg

yeah activated the dialog while using ladder

purpleblob

Savant
Robber Baron

Your characters all look super deranged. Gosh, this game can really use better facial graphics - it's NWN2 level terrible. Why the hell did they use so many cut scenes? It just emphasis their horrible face models.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom