Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I need to stop playing this shit, I'm going to burn myself out before I experience the full game. Who can help me into torpor?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't like how much emphasis they've placed on vertical combat.
BG3 has it, but it's not advertised as a main selling point it just kinda exists.
A game with "Baldur's Gate" in the title made by Larian doesn't really need other selling points.

A game called Solasta: Couriers of Darkness made by a company that didn't exist before needs all the help it can get.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't like how much emphasis they've placed on vertical combat.
BG3 has it, but it's not advertised as a main selling point it just kinda exists.
A game with "Baldur's Gate" in the title made by Larian doesn't really need other selling points.

A game called Solasta: Couriers of Darkness made by a company that didn't exist before needs all the help it can get.
It's not much of a selling point though, it just seems like a gimmick.
Also not much of a fan of 5e so I'll probably wait for the actual release to play it. Since they're using OGL content they should have went with Pathfinder's SRD tbh

Robber Baron

Savant
It's not much of a selling point though, it just seems like a gimmick.

It would be a gimmick if used only in several promotional cases, the reality is that 80% of early monsters climb the walls the moment they see you
Solasta encounters be like
ClumsyLikelyEmperorshrimp-small.gif

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It would be a gimmick if used only in several promotional cases, the reality is that 80% of early monsters climb the walls the moment they see you
nah, I would call D:OS's environmental effects a gimmick and they're front and center in every battle too.
It exists and has effect, they just aren't talking about it yeah.

I wonder if they could implement a fly spell? Not sure what it would add tot he gameplay though. I guess it'd be pretty funny to hover your wizard above ground-only enemies and cantrip them all to death though...

jackofshadows

Magister
When you fight Bernard, be sure to have those sussur blooms in your inventory. After you push Bernard through the window, hide somewhere and then throw those blooms near the animated armors. This will incapacitate them. They will be able to move, but not take any action. AS long as they remain in range of those flowers or whatever they are. And then pelt Bernard from up top. Makes this fight a non issue.
But why fight him at all? Some cool weapon or? I did avoid the fight by answering replies from "play" book, laying somewhere in the tower.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Someone datamined BG3 and found the following race tags in the game.

HUMAN, GITHYANKI, DRAGONBORN, HALFORC, TIEFLING, MEPHISTOPHELESTIEFLING, ASMODEUSTIEFLING, ZARIELTIEFLING, ELF, DROWELF, SELDARINEDROWELF, LOLTHDROWELF, HIGHELF, WOODELF, HALFELF, DROWHALFELF, HALFLING, LIGHTFOOTHALFLING, STOUTHALFLING, GNOME, ROCKGNOME, DEEPGNOME, FORESTGNOME, HILLDWARF, MOUNTAINDWARF, DUERGARDWARF, AARAKOCRA, KENKU, LIZARDFOLK, TABAXI, TORTLE, FIRBOLG, AASIMAR, GENASI, TRITON, WARFORGED, YUANTIPUREBLOOD . Surprisingly not Goblin or Gnoll although NPCs of both races are in the game

Some of those definitely won't be playable like Triton, why should Larian add them in a game where you can't swim. AArakocra: level 1 flying is OP as hell and probably game-breaking. Also writing unique dialogue options for every single one of them sounds insane. Though I would really like Yuan-Ti purebloods to be playable since I played one in PNP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom