Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Shortest Trip to Earth
3a8599b22d476f20.png

d47dd97ed8faea52.png

1b2b22102bde17f8.png

User was nabbed fit

I got a free copy of The Division a while ago so decided to give it a go. Turns out the game was pretty shit when it launched, but apparently it's been much improved after years of patches. And for a 4 year old game, it doesn't look too bad. I'd agree it's a decent play for mucking around with friends, despite the bullet sponge enemies.

YQ2ujS3.jpg

JDR13

Arcane
Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty great so far

How is the performance right now? I remember, that during the initial release the game had problems with that, even on good hardware.
I'm running a 3700x with GTX 1070 and 16GB of ram, and I can play it on High no problem, if that helps.

I played on Ultra settings at 1920x1200 with a i7-4790K and GTX 1080, and it was almost always completely smooth for me.

curds

Magister
Why people seems to hate returning 2.0 so much?
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I think the changes and additions to the UI look ugly and unnecessary. The mod comes across to me as a case of "modders gonna mod" where a bunch of shit was changed just because.

Yldr

Educated
Jd767nU.png

Nostalgia (2009) on DS

Nostalgia would be a mediocre unremarkable cookie-cutter jRPG were it not for the airship battles.

Emulation often accidentally answers the question "what would the budget version of [x] feel like?" and today's episode, of course, is Skies of Arcadia.

Let me get this out of the way first: the writing is absolutely fucking garbage. It was obviously not written by a native English speaker and most of it feels like hastily written filler, a laziness and lack of budget weirdly contrasted with elaborate in-engine cutscenes.

Credit where credit is due, it's refreshing to have a fantasy game using real-life locations, and the larger cities have been crafted with a lot of care. The game also deserves praise for never getting bloaty: trash mobs are resolved quickly and even bosses aren't very tanky. The one exception is the aerial battles as there is a hard cap to how powerful your airship can be, meaning some flying enemies will remain dangerous until the end.

The writing is so bad I felt like I had just played a placeholder, a proof-of-concept for a Skies of Arcadia demake... but seen through that lens I have to admit it's enjoyable in the end. My handheld can't keep up with Dreamcast emulation, much less GameCube; unearthing these UFOs from the PS1 and DS libraries is part of the fun.

IHlQ1jc.png

AOZdhpd.png

arKuI5z.png

mmXoHLM.png

bN7n3N6.png

Tq9om9G.png

tquMFWF.png

KNFTeR6.png

2YnAyoB.png

hHzkdBu.png

0aizIev.png

P4okamh.png

A4H7mZ3.png

rtSGjRF.png

rdSLieG.png

ExWqwp6.png

Jd767nU.png

k9xMipO.png

R7VXJK1.png

Wg9vMFJ.png

S07184H.png

OpZdFSN.png

UNaMNMb.png

User was nabbed fit

RDR2 Online. Everything on Ultra will still push even an RTX 3080. There are several options you can disable with no noticeable effect to improve FPS, which I did pretty much right after this.

Some graphical details in the online mode are actually nerfed compared to single player, but it still looks pretty nice... particularly the long view/draw distances. A screenshot is one thing, but in motion it's far more impressive with the dynamic lighting and ray tracing.

j0dSHNQ.jpg

Gamezor

Learned
Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty great so far

Finished it recently, and yeah, I was surprised how good it was.

I expected to like it based on what I'd heard and the fact that post-apoc is one of my favorite settings, but it's actually the best game I've played so far in 2020.

I thought the combat was the best for any open world game i’ve played, and there was a legitimately interesting sci to story. I finish almost no games and finished this and the dlc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom