Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
other than the baby dragon, what's the difference, story-wise, between Azata and Angel/Trickster. How is the Azata Path dialogue/choices different from those two?
IIRC from the older datamining threads it treats you more like a kind of chaotic good-aligned superhero rather than a staunchly lawful angelic arbiter. It was explicitly likened to being a kind of Aquaman/Squirrel Girl kinda cape, with Aivu your trusty dragon sidekick and all your animal friends teaming up to fight the Forces of Evil. You're also slightly lessen beholden to Iomedae since your powers come from Elysium rather than Heaven.

Also the good-aligned nature of it makes more characters favorable to you than Trickster, who is perpetually the target of suspicion due to them fucking with everyone as opposed to only fucking with demons.

Angel is NG. Gold Dragon is LG.

CG is like the Hippocratic Oath. NG is about sticking it to E. LG is about paying the cost to be the boss.

Could turn out they write it backwards, but that’s the way it should be. I’m hoping to go Aeon -> Gold Dragon.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Angel is NG.
I don't know about that, it seems like it's written pretty LG to me. I mean you can certainly navigate it easily enough while remaining NG, but there are a lot of dialogues where you get both an [Angel][Lawful] and an [Angel][Good] choice.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I hope one can go from Azata to Swarm, eating faggot betrayed animals would be hilarious!

I still have a silent hope there will be a proper CN Swarm path. Although that's very unlikely, unfortunately. Which is somewhat irking. Seems to me a CN Swarm makes more sense than a CN Demon.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Angel is NG.
I don't know about that, it seems like it's written pretty LG to me. I mean you can certainly navigate it easily enough while remaining NG, but there are a lot of dialogues where you get both an [Angel][Lawful] and an [Angel][Good] choice.

I think the original 6 Mythic Path will have some internal branch of some sort.

Angel can be LG holy fire avenger or more of NG redemption and mercy guy. I think one of the dev even confirms this in Discord. She corrected it when someone said that Angel is LG/LN and she said Angel is supposed to be LG/NG.

Aeon is.supposed to be stone-cold LN, practically a LE lawyer to get Devil, or a meek LG (no clear advantage right now, probably decent to get to Gold Dragon).

Lich currently can be "power at all cost to fight demon" (sort of LN?) or cackling maniac Whispering Tyrant wannabe (full LE/NE). Edit: from Discord your competing "advisors" from Lich is essentially a vampire from Geb (necromancy/undead nation where non necromancer/indead is 2nd class citizen) or literally the Whispering Way (batshit insane Undead cult. Whispering Tyrant/Tar Baphon was a member and he was the stronges Lich in PF iirc, to the point the Good gods intervenes somewhat).

I am assuming Demon, Azata, and Trickster will have some of their own internal flavors as well.

Gold Dragon, Swarm, and Legend is supposed to late game branch so I would assume they have no internal branch, but we know nothing yet at this point.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Angel is NG.

Angel can be LG holy fire avenger or more of NG redemption and mercy guy. I think one of the dev even confirms this in Discord. She corrected it when someone said that Angel is LG/LN and she said Angel is supposed to be LG/NG.

Aeon is.supposed to be stone-cold LN, practically a LE lawyer to get Devil, or a meek LG (no clear advantage right now, probably decent to get to Gold Dragon).

Lich currently can be "power at all cost to fight demon" (sort of LN?) or cackling maniac Whispering Tyrant wannabe (full LE/NE). Edit: from Discord your competing "advisors" from Lich is essentially a vampire from Geb (necromancy/undead nation where non necromancer/indead is 2nd class citizen) or literally the Whispering Way (batshit insane Undead cult. Whispering Tyrant/Tar Baphon was a member and he was the stronges Lich in PF iirc, to the point the Good gods intervenes somewhat).

I am assuming Demon, Azata, and Trickster will have some of their own internal flavors as well.

Gold Dragon, Swarm, and Legend is supposed to late game branch so I would assume they have no internal branch, but we know nothing yet at this point.

I don't quite get the appeal of those late-game Mythic Paths. The vast majority of players want their playthrough to have a particular "flavour". Besides, from the mined dialogues the Azata Path can turn into a Swarm one? How? The Azata Path is Good/Neutral.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Angel is NG.

I don't quite get the appeal of those late-game Mythic Paths. The vast majority of players want their playthrough to have a particular "flavour". Besides, from the mined dialogues the Azata Path can turn into a Swarm one? How? The Azata Path is Good/Neutral.

Swarm is basically go Insane and Burn it all. So its avalible for any path as response to being screwed over at one plotpoint i think.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

Because uuuh they have their own theme? LG Gold Dragon is more of protectors of mortal instead of Angelic Avenger of LG Angel and thus is rather unique, or at least that's what people are saying in Discord.

Arguably you can say that it is better to have them early rather than later (as in make all 9 paths availble early) but based on Discord and people who read leaks, the whole point of GD is that he is evaluating you based on your previous actions and will decide to take you on as mentee or not. It makes sense in context that they happen later.

Legend is supposed to be "Fuck theese extraplannar and soul changing assholes, Imma be awesome by my own mortal self!"

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
a meek LG (no clear advantage right now, probably decent to get to Gold Dragon).

The Law is never meek. Jesus, that mistranslation has damned us all to no end of nonsense, not least the utter cuckitude of Western White Hats.

Now they're overdoing the correction (see the writing in both Pathfinders) to mean wanton/genocidal cruelty.

Think traditional manliness (not Chivalry!) and you'll get a better sense.

Shinros

Learned
I suspect, this is just my theory and I agree with Ind. if you go Lawful Good Aeon, I think GD mentor will take you under his wing. Because going LN stone-called medieval Law is downright cruel and LE has devil. Apparently in the leak with Angel
if you go the holy avenger path you can't switch over to GD, he'll reject you.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Still, I can't quite see the reason for anyone OTHER THAN Aeon would, from a story perspective, switch to this Path.

Also, based on the datamined dialogue - will you be killed by the goddess even as an Azata?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Gold Dragon is a good specific Mythic Path.

Out of the original six the one that can be good are:

Trickster: CG
Aeon: LG
Azata: CG/NG
Angel: CG/NG/LG

Demon and Lich are non Good.

NG Angel Path (which I guess would include CG characters) has always about protecting the weak and redemption as the main theme. Gold Dragon (LG, but I think dev in Discord confirms that NG is possible) being the protector of mortals should be right up their alley. Mind that you don't instantly have your thought replaced when you take a Mythic Path. Narrative wise (altho the player is in control of this) what Mythic Path the player choose is indicative of their motivation, not the other way around.

LG Aeon path currently has the short end of the stick power wise (Aeon hates you for being meek/wavering in the game so it is implied you won't be able to time travel, Devil thinks you are not profiting enough out of this). From my Aeon playthrough, LG Aeon punish with the spirit of teaching a lesson and will consider the motivation behind the law-breaking instead of upholding the Law as main motivation. This is pretty much up GD alley as well.

I haven't played Azata (the best for the last), but the theme for them seems to be to do good and feel good above all else (hence CG), but the player motivation can range anywhere from actually CG to a more NG one (as LG as an alignment is rather stiff in Owlcat game). Considering NG Gold Dragon is a thing, it is not a stretch that NG or more rational Azata might choose GD as well.

Trickster I agree won't care about GD at all based from what I see.

edit: narrative-wise, I think the game is less of "I want to be this Mythic Path thus I set my alignment around it" and more "I am of this alignment with this motivation, so I choose this power." This way it makes sense that you can "jump" ship when something that align more to the character view comes around. Altho most player will probably play like the former rather than the latter.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I think the game is less of "I want to be this Mythic Path thus I set my alignment around it" and more "I am of this alignment with this motivation, so I choose this power."
This somehow reverberates with the concept of alignment as resource which IMHO was first presented in Kingmaker.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Have there been any details unearthed on the nature and variety of mounts (specifically those of the Beast Rider), or are those still gettin' developed? Trying to decide whether it'd be worth it to take some levels on a Lich so he may ride on a Pale Horse or something more monstrous.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So uh...will MCA work on WoR?
As far as we know. He was supposed to, as part of the kickstarter, and Owlcat stayed quiet when all the #MeToo nonsense with him happened. But since he's also been invisible since then, it's hard to know for sure.

I’m intrigued by the mount stuff, too. I don’t recall a party based RPG that had a mount system.. maybe NWN? Do any of the companions have mounts? Otherwise I’ll probably roll a mounted MC (gendarme). Also considering an arcane caster, though.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I’m intrigued by the mount stuff, too. I don’t recall a party based RPG that had a mount system.. maybe NWN? Do any of the companions have mounts? Otherwise I’ll probably roll a mounted MC (gendarme). Also considering an arcane caster, though.
Seelah can have a mount.
Well really any of the companions can, but Seelah can get one without multiclassing or using any Mythic abilities.

Rico66

Arcane
L2p9gCF.png
alignments required for mythic paths if someone is interested

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I like that demon can be chosen by neutral characters, feels like itll be a "victory at any cost" kinda MC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom