Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What are some cool archetypes I should check out with CotW? Exciting feats? I will probably try everything because I have a problem but some pointers on some of the more exciting stuff to get started with would be appreciated!

Definitely Ninja. Unfortunately Rake is sort of wasted on Endless Depths.

I’m starting a party with no group buffs. One each of INT, WIS, and CHR for melee and ranged.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just completed Vordakai's tomb.. I almost didn't complete because i forgot to bring rations LOL Anyway..

I can't believe that i can actually choose Vordakai over Maegar LOL I just took the chance , having that guy as advisor , gonna be sick as FUCK. Sorry Maegar , you're cool guy and all , but Vordakai is insane cool lol

Trashos

Arcane
I can't believe that i can actually choose Vordakai over Maegar LOL I just took the chance , having that guy as advisor , gonna be sick as FUCK. Sorry Maegar , you're cool guy and all , but Vordakai is insane cool lol

I too will be trying Vordakai as an advisor in my current playthrough. However, what I choose in future playthroughs will depend on how good an advisor he turns out to be.
In my last playthrough, I did get V again, but I didn't use him. I got an exceptionally bad ending slide for Varnhold, which probably had to do with replacing Maegar with V. I wonder if there is any way to use V and avoid the bad ending for Varnhold.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

I too will be trying Vordakai as an advisor in my current playthrough. However, what I choose in future playthroughs will depend on how good an advisor he turns out to be.
In my last playthrough, I did get V again, but I didn't use him. I got an exceptionally bad ending slide for Varnhold, which probably had to do with replacing Maegar with V. I wonder if there is any way to use V and avoid the bad ending for Varnhold.

Gonna try him in my run , hopefully Varnhold don't go to shit because i freed the souls

Also sorry , but i had to keep my Neutral Evil aligment LawnToilet :smug:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Dude is literally licking your boot just to continue existing. Sparing Vordakai is probably the most idiotic choice, even for evil character because Vordakai is the kind of guy that plot behinds you and the fact he is immortal of some sort means that he can play the long game. The only more idiotic choice imaginable is sparing Hargulka after his Nazi and "you borba are food" speech.

Trashos

Arcane
Dude is literally licking your boot just to continue existing. Sparing Vordakai is probably the most idiotic choice, even for evil character because Vordakai is the kind of guy that plot behinds you and the fact he is immortal of some sort means that he can play the long game. The only more idiotic choice imaginable is sparing Hargulka after his Nazi and "you borba are food" speech.

This could all be correct (well, hopefully not, but it is possible). But I have to try him, you know? I am on my n-th playthrough and I have never tried him before. He could be an awesome advisor like Bartholomew or Shandra for all I know.

Now, if he doesn't live up to expectation, in the future Maegar it is.

Warpriests seem cool as hell but my mind is numb trying to pick out blessings. I think I’m rolling with a Blood Ranger, Occultist, Ninja, and Warpriest for my first CotW And Assorted Shit dungeon run. I might try and go dual thrower on Ninja, I don’t really know what I’m doing yet though.

Trashos

Arcane
A couple of thumbs up about the writing at the Troll Lair. Really enjoying:
- the description of Kargadd's dying moments (right after you down him in battle).
- Ekun's reaction after Kargadd's death. It did the situation justice, and that was no simple situation.
- Jubilost's reaction after my effort to intimidate Hargulka at the Lair entrance. Hilarious, but also true.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2996094

Only a Week Left - The Last Chance to get your Pathfinder: Kingmaker Reward

Dear Pathfinders,

The last shipping wave for the Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter physical rewards is approaching, we will soon close the shipping lists, and we need to remind you that there is only a week left to write us a letter and claim your stuff!

If you have any issues with your reward, haven't received a package or key, or sent it back for replacement and never got one, or anything else, please send us an email to team@owlcatgames.com with the title "PFKM Kickstarter Reward Claim" before October 31st, 2020. Include your valid up-to-date shipping address (with country and zip code), your full name, and your telephone number.

Along with that, we are also accepting the last digital reward claims. If you still haven’t received your digital reward, let us remind you of the process. You need to get your pledge transferred to the backer portal https://kingmaker.owlcatgames.com/preorder/account#. It is simple! Just register on the portal (or log in, if you already have an account) and send us a message via Kickstarter DM (make sure your current Kickstarter email is the same that you had during the campaign. If not - please remember the address you had back then and include it to your message). We will give you a personal link, and then you will have only to copy that link and paste to your browser, while you are logged in to the portal, and tick the box in the pop-up window. Boom! Your digital rewards will appear at your account, in the Digital Downloads section.

Please note: after October 31st, no claims regarding the Kickstarter rewards for Pathfinder: Kingmaker campaign will be accepted. The team will move to the production of the rewards for the next title – Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. We are incredibly thankful for your support throughout these years, and we hope you understand the reasons behind this decision.

Warpriests seem cool as hell but my mind is numb trying to pick out blessings. I think I’m rolling with a Blood Ranger, Occultist, Ninja, and Warpriest for my first CotW And Assorted Shit dungeon run. I might try and go dual thrower on Ninja, I don’t really know what I’m doing yet though.

I changed the Bloodrager to an Urban Bloodrager because the +4 morale bonus to str without an AC penalty seems like almost pure upside. I also get access to bard and magus 1st and 2nd level spells; seems like I could do some stupid shit with True Strike and toggling on and off the spell blood rage (if I can avoid the exhaustion)

Also for RP reasons because this seems like it would be a popular persona for Codexers

For the war priest, I’m leaning towards blessings that don’t take a standard action (usually a touch so it gobbles up my move potentially, too). Strength and Trickery seem pretty nice but I don’t think there is a persona with each. Glory seems pretty good with the intimidation proc, might grab that and Strength with Gorum.)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I’m trying the heavy armor one this playthrough. A lot of good Heavy Armors and that one gets Armor Training.

You can get a bonus to Inimidation from traits on top of the racial then turn in Diehard for +1 Luck on Saves which gets doubled by the Faith trait.

The traits might come from the Favored Classes mod that goes with CotW.

Bloodrager, Shaman, Ninja, Hunter’s Lizard in melee; Hunter, Witch, and Seeker Fey Sorc (free Perception/Trickery from leveling) at range.

Noice. Yeah, over in my main campaign Amiri has heavy armor proficiency and is wearing Mithril battleplate. I finally read the description and realized it counts as medium armor so it works with Barb stuff. Was thinking about trying an armored rager archetype eventually, too.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Overwhelming Presence, man fuck this spell.
Just got to Wicked Chanter..

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going to try a neutral/evil run. Is it any fun or is just the same?
Neutral has a lot of coin tosses, but is very interesting at the beginning, and has the best international policy.
Evil has a lot of unique characters you can recruit and requires a bit of meta knowledge to keep the advisors and the companions you want. It also has unique gameplay mechanics when it comes to criminal activities if you go NE or CE.

Both are great in their own ways, and worth the playthrough.

Ulysa

Scholar
I'm going to try a neutral/evil run. Is it any fun or is just the same?
Neutral has a lot of coin tosses, but is very interesting at the beginning, and has the best international policy.
Evil has a lot of unique characters you can recruit and requires a bit of meta knowledge to keep the advisors and the companions you want. It also has unique gameplay mechanics when it comes to criminal activities if you go NE or CE.

Both are great in their own ways, and worth the playthrough.
Ok, good enough for an excuse to play again, ty :salute:

So the Call of the Wild mods a "Refuse Rage" button and a "Dismiss spell" button. I don't think these are RAW, are they? But the latter is super handy for persistent AOEs, and the former makes the rage spell and skalds much more viable in a party with casters. Pretty neat.

Anyways, I'm rolling through endless dungeon with a motley crew of a half orc urban blood rager, duergar hunter with doggo, arsenal chaplain war priest with bow focus, Speaker for the Past Shaman that I have not idea wtf I'm doing with, Occultist Arcanist that is kind of carrying us with quick summons, and a ninja who throws darts like ninjas do.

Edit: Also having the first two floors of the dungeon being almost all centipedes is fucking rough lol

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So the Call of the Wild mods a "Refuse Rage" button and a "Dismiss spell" button. I don't think these are RAW, are they? But the latter is super handy for persistent AOEs, and the former makes the rage spell and skalds much more viable in a party with casters. Pretty neat.

AFAIK Reject Rage is RAW in regard of Skald. Unlike Bard, Sklad's "song" instead induce rage with penalty to AC so it was made possible to reject the "song".

Dismiss Spell is not RAW yeah, but it is QoL addition (initially made by Eldritich Arcana). I mean Web last for minutes and cover half the map. After combat is over having half of your party failing Reflex saves over and over and stuck for 15 minues is not fun.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

AFAIK Reject Rage is RAW in regard of Skald. Unlike Bard, Sklad's "song" instead induce rage with penalty to AC so it was made possible to reject the "song".

Dismiss Spell is not RAW yeah, but it is QoL addition (initially made by Eldritich Arcana). I mean Web last for minutes and cover half the map. After combat is over having half of your party failing Reflex saves over and over and stuck for 15 minues is not fun.

Spells you cast are dismissible in RAW (or some anyway).

(D) Dismissible
If the duration line ends with “(D),” you can dismiss the spell at will. You must be within range of the spell's effect and must speak words of dismissal, which are usually a modified form of the spell's verbal component. If the spell has no verbal component, you can dismiss the effect with a gesture. Dismissing a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
A spell that depends on concentration is dismissible by its very nature, and dismissing it does not take an action, since all you have to do to end the spell is to stop concentrating on your turn.

Ok, thanks. Then I would actually recommend considering using CotW just for those QoL effects, even if you don't plan on using the other classes for Lawful Good reasons or whatever.

I'm sort of figuring out hexes. Shaman now has misfortune, accursed hex, and chant. Makes them take the worst of 2 rolls for a round (will negates). Might be kind of useful for sticking save or suck spells. I'm thinking of grabbing evil eye as the next hex.

Hunter's spell sharing stuff seems like it will be really sweet and also Haplo AF. I think you can share stuff like Lead Blades, Hurricane Bow, Aspect of Eagle, and all of these sweet ranger and druid spells. Class seems quite good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom