Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cpmartins

Cipher
I have zero worries that I'll enjoy it. I enjoyed all of their games so far except the online shit. "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" and all that.
Not gonna preorder though, because there is no reason whatsoever to do so.

Edit: There is an obnoxious amount of hype for this game though, every-fucking-where. Shit is gonna be hard to top.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will. My guess is that it will be a decent to good game just like The Witcher games. TW2<TW1<TW3.

Remove the Ubishit design of The Witcher 3, and I don't think I will have very negative feelings about Cyberpunk.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I will. My guess is that it will be a decent to good game just like The Witcher games.

I agree. I think it will be a pretty good open world shooter and maybe a decent or even good action RPG, but that won't be good enough for the hype. There will be a hundred articles within a week about it being disappointing for this reason or that, and a thousand Codex posts about how bad it is. Shit this hyped has to be fucking amazing to even be considered okay.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I will play this on release day, probably as much as I can fucking get to with a wife and kid.

I thinkin about "working from home" too, if u know waht i mean

I have used my Jedi powers to have them visit my mother in Law for a few days :dance:
The first two weeks of December is when I'll have the house to myself to put in the most hours before I'm gone for the holidays.

shidder

Novice
Hopefully there is a way to change damage values to get rid of bullet sponges. FO4 was unplayable for me until I installed one of those "realistic damage" mods. If I snipe someone then he should instantly eat dirt.

KK1001

Arbiter
There needs to be a balance between RPGness (stats and equipment and levels mattering) and FPS skill. Game is utterly trivialized if you can kill every enemy by shooting them in the head with a sniper rifle.

KK1001

Arbiter
If you make the shooting less accurate, or have more recoil, or more weapon sway, people will bitch about the gun system being broken because they have a certain expectation of "point-click-hit" drilled into them from years of FPS games.

It's just simpler and easier to make enemies that absorb more bullets than they possibly could IRL because it's cyberpunk and you can just say they have metal skin and what not. People will always prefer bullet spongey enemies because it allows them to pew pew more with "fun" accurate shooting rather than wildly missing because they didn't level up sway.

No, bullet sponge enemies are utter shit, especially in shooter combat. I've modded every game like that to lower health: New Vegas, F3, F4, etc. The RPG stuff should come through in other ways, abilities, access to weapons, etc, never in the actual shooting system.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It's just simpler and easier to make enemies that absorb more bullets than they possibly could IRL because it's cyberpunk and you can just say they have metal skin and what not. People will always prefer bullet spongey enemies because it allows them to pew pew more with "fun" accurate shooting rather than wildly missing because they didn't level up sway.
Bullshit, the reality is the opposite, everyone hate sponge enemies regardless of how shooting is done.

Semiurge

Cipher

Gastrick
a55jisx0htu51.jpg

Game is so dark that the box art is a black mirror.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

IRL bullet sponges are the worst.

- nigger activates Sneaking
- nigger consumes Crack
- nigger fails Sneaking check
- male pig uses Yell
- nigger resists Yell
- female pig uses Taser
- niggers is hit for 5 damage
- nigger is stunned for one turn
- male pig uses Yell
- nigger resists Yell
- nigger activates Sprint
- nigger hits female pig for 100 mechanical damage
- female pig armor absorbs 100 damage
- female pig is hit for 0 damage
- male pig activates Rapid Fire
- nigger is hit for 125 damage
- male pig activates Rapid Fire
- nigger is hit for 98 damage
- nigger dies

The nigger character had no chances. Despite a huge HP pool he was outnumbered and his melee skill was too low to kill even one pig. He should have used Decapitate or Crippling Strike attack, but this still wouldn't have helped him to survive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom