Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 5 - Decline Thirty Something: The Return to Madness

KoolNoodles

Arcane
crkZOsE.jpg

What: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith
https://store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

Where: Preferably Discord where I can setup a game and moderate it, but failing that good ol' Llamaserver.

http://llamaserver.net/
declinethirtysomething: https://discord.gg/5CVcgjzT

Who: Old people, new people, the foolhardy.

Looking for about 8-12. Whatever is left can be populated by random people.

Game will be Early Age, because Early Age is best age. Free For All. Pick a nation you aren't strong with, preferably. We all know about the Mictlan murder blesses of the world. First come first served.

Map TBD, but I'll probably just make one with MapNuke once nations are picked(so yes, you can pick a water nation and be a little bastard who hides all game). https://nuke-makes-games.itch.io/mapnuke

Pretenders:
Rus - RCK79
Helheim - Infinitum
Yomi - Coldcrow(Darkmoon)
Therodos - sqeecoo
Ubar - KoolNoodles
Pangaea - Berekan
Agartha - Johannes(GayDad)
Niefelheim - Galdred
Vanheim - Catacombs
Ermor - Irenaeus
Abysia - K i l l j o y
Sauromatia - Malakal
Arco - FatDragon
Xibalba - Fengvr

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
IN. I'll figure out a nation later.

Also Sqeecoo stop being coy and tell us how your niefel game ended up already

Dayyālu

Arcane
Out.

The setup and some of the people inside are already non-kosher for the lazy me.

Have fun, I'll wait for KN's Wasteland game instead.

:salute:

mondblut

Arcane
That chilling, debilitating dread when I see an email from Llamaserver popping up in my mailbox, surrounded in the aura of broken dreams and crushed hopes? Weaponizing boredom only gets me this far.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Out.

The setup and some of the people inside are already non-kosher for the lazy me.

Have fun, I'll wait for KN's Wasteland game instead.

:salute:

I'll probably start that up within the week on Discord, just have to finish a map for it.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Do you scrubs know how to Discord, also? If not check out the server link above and make a profile and see how it feels. It is much preferable from both an admin point of view and for chit chats about Diplomacy in-game. And very easy to get random other people to populate a game.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'll try Therodos, since KoolNoodles suggested a camp underwater plan and Dayyalu is not playing with his EA Atlantis :)

Infinitum

Scholar
Ubar, Therodos and Yomi? Well I for one do not feel obliged to pick a spirit sight/magic weapons bless, no siree. It's a constructive, upstanding scale focused build for me!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Barely remember how to play, but it's not like I knew any better before, I'm in. Nation TBA.

Olinser

Savant
I'm not a big fan of EA, but i'll join in if you guys need to fill out, ping me if you need me.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll try Niefelheim then. I need to try all the Heim nations after all.

I will try Xibalba on second thoughts, as I want to try some not-cold nation :)

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cool. We are fast approaching the minimum amount for a decent game.
What are you talking about, minimum for decent game is 2 players
btw, I did play a few blitzes, and they all ended up in a hellbless contest. Did you make something specific to make 2 player games work (like random pretenders, or a random subset of nations to choose from with a round of bidding?).

Johannes

Arcane
Cool. We are fast approaching the minimum amount for a decent game.
What are you talking about, minimum for decent game is 2 players
btw, I did play a few blitzes, and they all ended up in a hellbless contest. Did you make something specific to make 2 player games work (like random pretenders, or a random subset of nations to choose from with a round of bidding?).
Just depends on the matchup, map and settings (esp research speed) what builds work best. Obviously you'll always want a strong earlygame in some form, but even if it's a heavy bless against heavy bless there's still the need to play and use it well.

Of course there's always the chance that one side just rolls over the other at first encounter (be it because one player played badly, or got countered by the opposing build, or just by luck) , which is boring, but that can happen regardless of the builds used.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'm ok starting with 8 players (which we are with Malakal?). Bigger games tend to stall out hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom