Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

deama

Prophet
Great, just got the gog version but the launcher crashes the moment I double click it, native.exe runs but can't save cause you need to run the launcher first to make the directories. Can't find anything to fix the launcher crash, does anyone here have the gog version? Does the launcher work on that?

lefthandblack

Arcane
I've been playing the shit out of the GOG version since it released, with just three ctd's in that time. I suspect that your firewall is stopping the launcher from doing something that it needs to, that's usually the case with GOG games that won't launch.

deama

Prophet
I've been playing the shit out of the GOG version since it released, with just three ctd's in that time. I suspect that your firewall is stopping the launcher from doing something that it needs to, that's usually the case with GOG games that won't launch.
I've got the firewall globally disabled and I don't have any aniti viruses or anti-anything.
What windows you using?

Also, right now I don't think I'll care too much about mods, so I think I'll be fine playing it vanilla for now, so I can play the game fine, it's just that it won't let me save cause it needs to make some stuff in documents folder. Could you link me how it looks like in your end? The document's folder structure? Where the save files should be etc... if it's not too big?

waken

Educated
Tempted to pick this up again, haven't played it since spring(?). Does anyone know if they have fixed the bug that made the game slow/sluggish on long-running campaigns?

Zariusz

Arbiter
This hybrid should be expected
https://www.moddb.com/mods/bannerkenshi

Hive1.JPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/261550/view/2932366251013887408

Development Update #5: Ranged Combat Update
ca4aa1145f6d056fb5183ca3ff3b30333f08a6c7.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

In this Development Update video, we take a look at the upcoming changes to ranged combat. And as always, a text version can be found below for those of you that prefer to read.

Greetings warriors of Calradia, and welcome to development update #5!

By now, you should already know the format, so let’s jump straight into the video!

RANGED COMBAT UPDATE
A substantial change to ranged combat is in the works that aims to present you with a more meaningful choice when selecting a ranged weapon by making each of them more distinct from one another.

Currently, all ranged weapons share the same aiming system, with the initial crosshair and accuracy timings being the same across the board. With this update, each weapon will have its own unique aiming curve. For example, short bows will reach their maximum accuracy faster and be able to hold their aim for longer, while longbows will take more time to reach their maximum accuracy and have a shorter window for aiming, but will deal higher single-shot damage.

This change applies to all ranged weapons, including bows, crossbows and throwing weapons, giving each weapon a unique feeling in this subtle but impactful update to ranged gameplay.

EDUCATION
Education is a feature that will allow you to interact with and shape your offspring and other young clan members as they reach certain ages throughout their childhood. This will present you with a number of choices similar to your own character creation for each progression stage, giving you much more control over how your clan develops over time.

MANGONEL PROJECTILES
An update to mangonels is on its way that will bring them closer to their historical anti-infantry routes by giving you the option to fling multiple smaller projectiles towards the enemy instead of a single boulder.

LAME HORSES
A horse! A horse! my kingdom for a horse!

Horses that fall in combat can now be crippled or even killed outright, with lame horses that go on to fall in future battles being permanently downed. So be sure to look after your four-legged friend or be prepared to meet the same fate as King Richard III.

RADIAL ORDER MENU
A new radial order menu is being worked on to make the game more accessible for those of you who are playing with game controllers. This menu is still a work in progress and we are very much open to feedback on it so please make sure to let us know what you think!

PRISONER RECRUITMENT
A change to prisoner recruitment is on the horizon that aims to bring some balance to the feature and add a little depth by making recruitment slightly more difficult. With the change, recruiting prisoners will incur a morale penalty for your party. However, we do also plan to add perks that will make recruitment easier and that will reduce the morale penalty.

FOLLOW COMMAND
We recently added a new way to follow parties on the world map to make things a little less tedious when performing certain tasks. To do this, you simply need to hold down the Left Alt key and click on the party that you want to follow.

BATTANIAN CHAINMAIL
Finally, we have a new Battanian armour on its way. This armour features a decorative bronze disk and tartan shawl over a sturdy chainmail vest.

OUTRO
And that’s it for development update #5! Please make sure to leave a reply in the comment section below to let us know what you think of the changes.

Thanks for watching, and we hope to see you again next time!
MORE ABOUT THIS GAME

EDUCATION
Education is a feature that will allow you to interact with and shape your offspring and other young clan members as they reach certain ages throughout their childhood. This will present you with a number of choices similar to your own character creation for each progression stage, giving you much more control over how your clan develops over time.
This is definitely something that needs fleshing out. Currently, my PC has a brother in his thirties whose skills are pretty solid, melee in the 100's. After playing for some 400 days, my sister has come of age and it turns out all her skills are sitting at 1. :(
Not to mention she looks like this at the age of 19.
yg6e4z8.jpg

Last edited:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
EDUCATION
This is definitely something that needs fleshing out. Currently, my PC has a brother in his thirties whose skills are pretty solid, melee in the 100's. After playing for some 400 days, my sister has come of age and it turns out all her skill are sitting at 1. :(
Not to mention she looks like this at the age of 19.
yg6e4z8.jpg
So... She's a girl?

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
The Captain mode in Multiplayer is addictive and quite unique. Resembles Tiger Knight somewhat. But I wonder if there is MMR/Elo in Matchmaking, feels like teams are split not by skill but random

ju38xj9w.jpg

7 out of 8 games won feels not right. Someone else might have 7 losses and rage quits the game entirely which would be sad.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
The Captain mode in Multiplayer is addictive and quite unique. Resembles Tiger Knight somewhat. But I wonder if there is MMR/Elo in Matchmaking, feels like teams are split not by skill but random

ju38xj9w.jpg

7 out of 8 games won feels not right. Someone else might have 7 losses and rage quits the game entirely which would be sad.
Captain mode in Napoleaonic wars was absolute incline.

Zanzoken

Arcane
It's been a while since I played too, but Fast Dialogue is an essential QoL mod and Bannerlord Tweaks allows you to adjust balance issues that break the game (like castles and towns always running out of food and starving your garrisons).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom