Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Gordian Nutt

Educated
The man threw Josh Sawyer under the bus, sold him out to a rabid SJW for woke points. He deserves every piece of crap he got. A coward got a coward's reward.
Say what you want about Josh - he sticks by his guns; doesn't cuck when it comes to his own design decisions, and is more than willing and capable of looking at things through someones elses' lense.

1603480471892.png

He sticks by his guns except when reversing and apologizing for own racism in Honest Hearts

Sawyer is more woke than anyone

Flying Dutchman

Learned
All you need to do is follow Sawyer's twitter for a day to see this

Pretty much.

Say what you want about Josh - he sticks by his guns; doesn't cuck when it comes to his own design decisions, and is more than willing and capable of looking at things through someones elses' lense.

It's not really a positive when "sticking to your guns" is him being condescending/holier-than-thou in a lot of his design work.

That's fine when you deliver perfect projects that have the light of God shining from them, but that's hardly been the case. Admittedly, that's not always his fault, but one cuck thing is he does make sure people know that's the case, not always, but enough to be lame.

He is kind of a cuck in general, but yeah, he fiercely defends his own point of view, I'll give him that.

Really looking forward to his project if they really allowed him to do whatever he wants, am guessing that'll be the moment of truth without any excuses.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Yeah, well. He should have cucked out, those were retarded decisions.

I'd have more respect if Sawyer, while cucking out on one of his videos regarding his design decisions, he literally screamed, "I'M CUCKING OUT" and a parachute explodes behind him as he leaps off-screen.

Herumor

Scholar
My understanding is that he also left the development of Wrath of the Righteous.

Due to finishing his work or being told to leave? I posted what I did simply because of some post from Owlcat how they take the accusations leveled against Avellone seriously, but also won't jump the gun on it as the Twitter cancel crowd is prone to demand from everyone involved.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Due to finishing his work or being told to leave? I posted what I did simply because of some post from Owlcat how they take the accusations leveled against Avellone seriously, but also won't jump the gun on it as the Twitter cancel crowd is prone to demand from everyone involved.

Owlcat knows their core audience, they're not going to publicly announce his firing for clout among the casuals, but they're not going to have a liability like that around either.

Wunderbar

Arcane
It's not like Avellone was Owlcat's lead writer. He wrote one companion, did some editing and called it a day.
His job was likely done even before the controversy.

jac8awol

Arbiter
It's not like Avellone was Owlcat's lead writer. He wrote one companion, did some editing and called it a day.
His job was likely done even before the controversy.
And even if he was more involved, what's to stop them keeping all the work he did, and saying he wasn't the guy that did it? As long as it's mutually agreeable..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom