Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Old designs for Codex T-shirts

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone have, or know where to look, for the old designs used for the RPG Codex T-shirts? I know the site used to sell them back in the day.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
You mean those?

tumblr_ox7tpje4oK1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I've probably got them on some old backup somewhere, but not very likely to dig them up on a whim. When CafePress stealth deleted the store, they deleted all the resources as well.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
No, there were no vector versions of anything, which was the issue to begin with because what we had was too low-res. To use anything on merch today, we'd first need someone to make vector versions, so that old stuff really has no practical use.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The design similar to that didn't really sell well to begin with so I wouldn't bother with it again. There are a few colorized versions that I anticipate would be in actual demand, i.e.:

:rpgcodex: :mob::love::majordecline::martini::fight::hypeship:(the ship would need to be colorized as well)

There's no point in putting designs on merch for the lulz because unless people are actually prepared to wear/use it in public, they aren't going to buy them either so it's a wasted effort all around. We've seen that already.

So redoing the above in vector form wouldn't be that easy. There's also the question whether MCA would be ok with them being used on merchandise and whether anyone can actually contact him about it at this point.

In other words, this would be a Project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom