Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Terenty

Liturgist

This video actually gives me a sliver of hope.

Basically they say the trailers are very misleading for some reason, the game is much darker and more rpg than it looks from the trailers. It's absolutely not a gta 2077 and such. They give examples of how you won't be proficient enough with guns and actully feel the sway, slow reloading etc. with low skills.

And also that the retarded writing from the trailers, like your retarded Marvel like side kick Jacky is not as retarded in the game proper. So who knows

Naraya

Arcane

This video actually gives me a sliver of hope.

Basically they say the trailers are very misleading for some reason, the game is much darker and more rpg than it looks from the trailers. It's absolutely not a gta 2077 and such. They give examples of how you won't be proficient enough with guns and actully feel the sway, slow reloading etc. with low skills.

And also that the retarded writing from the trailers, like your retarded Marvel like side kick Jacky is not as retarded in the game proper. So who knows

Mmm, really digging the V's look in this thumbnail.

shidder

Novice
None of the women I've seen have been attractive. The last open world game I played, RDR2, had beautiful women. Chasing them out of town, through the woods, and tackling them into the mud before boxing their eyes in, made for outstanding gameplay. Easily added 10 hours to my playtime. I hope this game can offer a similar experience.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Curious.

Polish bros here, is CD Projekt selling a boxed PC version of the game? I've noticed that a lot of modern games can only be bought PC boxed in Polish and German, like on ebay for an example.

Boxed PC games are a totally dead phenomenon here :(

just

Liturgist
None of the women I've seen have been attractive. The last open world game I played, RDR2, had beautiful women. Chasing them out of town, through the woods, and tackling them into the mud before boxing their eyes in, made for outstanding gameplay. Easily added 10 hours to my playtime. I hope this game can offer a similar experience.
and people say it's not a rpg

Paul_cz

Arcane
I don't remember Witcher 3 having anywhere near as much hype. CDProjekt was nowhere near as well known.
Yes obviously C77 is hyped more due to success of TW3 and CDP having extremely skilled marketing wing. But TW3 was still one of the most hyped games in history up until its release.
I am still confident C77 will have no problem matching it, at least for people who have functional brain and do not expect fullblown cyberpunk life simulator.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Curious.

Polish bros here, is CD Projekt selling a boxed PC version of the game? I've noticed that a lot of modern games can only be bought PC boxed in Polish and German, like on ebay for an example.

Yes, but there is no DVD inside just the GOG key.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Curious.

I remember they said that they the game is too big for DVDs, they thought about Blu Rays but opted out because most modern gaming PC don't have a BR drive

Semiurge

Cipher
Curious.

I remember they said that they the game is too big for DVDs, they thought about Blu Rays but opted out because most modern gaming PC don't have a BR drive

But consoles do :negative:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
That's the statue they went with?! You build an entire game of vehicles and that's what you settle on. What the hell were they thinking.

Also I find that boxed copies are a bit irrelevant when you consider most studios don't even ship manuals. I have some ideas of much cheaper alternatives (not gonna share them because I want to be the first :P), plus side it means self publish at a low risk, on the negative though it means the product quality isn't as good as a full big box but its still better than just shipping a plastic case like EA and co presently do because EA started that trend of doing that. Also on top of that it sets it apart from the rest of the indie market as most don't do retail. Or if I want to go full boomer mode I'll just ship the games in a sandwich bag and call it a day mmm 80s games retail.

I've seen reports state at least for indies that a retail copy is worth doing some had made more money shipping games direct or via a publisher than they did digitally. I attribute that to over saturation and the fact that a retail copy can demand a higher premium (assuming that is your retail copy was actually a quality product).

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Judging by their history with statues in CE's the final consumer product will look like shit anyway, don't fall for it.

I like you.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
We made the trailers misleading.
Game is actually dark and has a few real rpg-like features.
We wont show this, because reasons, just believe us.

does not compute

And i could swear that someone on the last page claimed CDPR had an "extremely skilled marketing Team", how that can be said without exploding with the quality their marketing material has is an absolute mystery to me.

New info for Cyberpunk: 20 Minutes "we have cars" also ads!

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Everything is so pastel colored in the new trailer. Was it always like this or did they just drop a visual downgrade nobody noticed?

ADL

Prophet
much-better_o_7233734.jpg

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
And i could swear that someone on the last page claimed CDPR had an "extremely skilled marketing Team", how that can be said without exploding with the quality their marketing material has is an absolute mystery to me.

Keanu will now begin shouting motivational edgelord slogans at you for the next 30 seconds. They really underutilised Keanu in the marketing side of things.
They should've dressed him up as Johnny for starters. They copied Rockstar's approach of market speak throughout their footage cause Gamers love that shit.

Paul_cz

Arcane

They are primarily marketing the game to the 100 million people who bought GTA5. And they are correct to do that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom