Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gamer Gate II: HALT AND GO NO FURTHER LAYMEN

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Keldorn will happely tolerate all other evil companions (and even your char if he's evil), which is retarded.

Yep, Keldorn is surprisingly tolerant. He even has something of a friendship with Korgan which is somewhat amusing considering their polar opposite alignments and views of the world.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I found Haeravon walktrough far superior.Otherwise, I also read walktrough while shitting.

Also, my inner munckinny autistic self disagree with some point, but i'm not sure we should listen to him in order to enjoy BG2

Care to develop ga♥ ?

What should I elaborate, dsimpson's guides are just better organized, better structured, and they are just... guides, not a playthrough report.
Moreover 99% of chance he just copied dsimpsons guided, even if he never mention it...

Sarathiour

Cipher
What should I elaborate, dsimpson's guides are just better organized, better structured, and they are just... guides, not a playthrough report.
Moreover 99% of chance he just copied dsimpsons guided, even if he never mention it...

Hum what ? Structure tend to be pretty much the same on gamefaq, whatever the game. Playthrough report is a decent critic, but :what:about copying it, his word count his nearly the double from dsimpson, and dsimpson guide is heavely edited by other people comment.
Moreover, he's just plain wrong on few thing, like how the fuck valygar got a better rating than edwin ?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
By copying I mean he used dsimpson's guides to write his long, prolix, full of superflous infos, playthrough reports, which are a clusterfuck to follow (but I did enjoy reading nonetheless).
And he doesn't even mention or thanks dsimpson.

And no the structure is not the same, for example dsimpson's Baldur's Gate 2 faq is divided for areas. Each area has its quests described, which is neat and functional.

Regarding Edwin and Valygar, he may be wrong, but the guide is still just better (or maybe he meant to compare apples to apples, so you shouldn't compare Edwin rating with Valygar's, but let's say Edwin's with Nalia's).

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Dan Simpson had incredible output. He did several reviews for several long games, and I've never found anything missing from them. He must have spent an incredible amount of time on them, and for nothing -- it's not like anybody at GameFAQs was getting paid back in 2007 (or are getting paid now, for that matter).

Sarathiour

Cipher
I never tried this. This is one of those builds that can allow you to solo the game, correct?

Well, you could technically finish the game solo with any class, but it's regarded as second strongest build, just behind all the variant of F/M

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
solo best: F/M/T half-elf
regular party of 6 best: F/M gnome

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
solo best: F/M/T half-elf
regular party of 6 best: F/M gnome
What makes half-elf better at being female/male/trannies?

It's powergamey but it's just the stats increase you get through BG1/BG2/TOB.
IIRC you can end up with 21 DEX, while with an elf you would be 22 dex, which doesn't increase AC so its useless (unless you want to solo using bows...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom