Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you had to choose ONE rpg to play before you die, what would it be?

Falksi

Arcane
Tough call.

At the mo I'd say either The Witcher 2 or Dragon Age: Origins, not only did I thrive on both but they can both can be replayed from various angles, so it'd keep things fresher for longer.

That said, it's been ages since I played either. So would have to return to them to see what I thought of them now.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Twizman

I chose it because it's a massive game that's also massively difficult that I'd love to play and finish someday, but I know I would never have the time to do so unless I was on my deathbed and basically had nothing else to do. I think my second choice along those same lines would be Fate: Gates of Dawn.

I think I'd regret not putting significant time into Deathlord—which is like Ultima with Wizardry combat—especially if I were on my deathbed.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't really decide, so I choose one in every major category:
Fallout
Baldur's Gate
Might and Magic VI

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Something really short like Fallout. I'd be shit scared by my impending death and surely wouldn't be able to enjoy playing a computer game. So, assuming there is no chance for survival in this scenario, I would want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom